Best place to get a sports coat | FerrariChat

Best place to get a sports coat

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Jaguar36, May 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I'm not a particularly fashionable guy and tend to wear the same stuff from the same place most days. I tend to have trouble finding stuff that fits well as I'm rather tall too. I'm realizing that I need a new sports coat but don't really know where to get one from. In years past I would have gone to Brooks Brothers, but I've heard that their quality has declined in recent years. Does anyone know of anyplace better?

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Your local Neiman Marcus should be able to help you.

rdefabri likes this.
  3. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Brooks Brothers still has decent stuff, they just added a line or two for the less expensive stuff.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Have you considered getting something made for you? Buying OTS is difficult, I run into issues all the time with it.

At this point, there are options - even Men's Wearhouse / Joseph Abboud does this, so you could find options from reasonable to insanely expensive.

FWIW.

5. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    I bought a MTM sportcoat from Men's Wearhouse. Fits nice. Was a good price.

6. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This. I went MTM a few years back and found the price was generally reasonable, once you factored in the cost of tailoring (often quite substantial) that off the rack suits / sportscoats required.

rdefabri likes this.