Cost of 4th and 5th year warranty extension for an 812? | FerrariChat

Cost of 4th and 5th year warranty extension for an 812?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Bobby_P, May 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    I am searching for an 812 to purchase. When I come across a car I like I inquire with the dealer what the cost of the 4th & 5th year warranty extension is. (This is not the same as the New Power warranty if I understand correctly)

Problem is...I get completely different answers and each dealership suggests they are correct.

A Los Angeles dealer quoted $10k flat on an 812.

A Chicago-area dealer quoted $13,200 on an 812.

A Texas dealer quoted me $5,250 total for both years on an 812.

These are all cars that are in dealer inventory and have already been certified...so it is not directly related to the certification fee.

Any knowledge of the subject would be greatly appreciated.

2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    There are dealer representatives on this board. Perhaps one or two may provide currents perfect information.
    When I bought my 812 I asked as a condition of sale to have the dealer pay for the fourth and fifth year of warranty. In conversation the dealer manager mentioned that there was a special since December 2019 where are you purchase one year and they give you the other there for two years for 6500. Before that and at some point in the future it will go back to 13,000 for a 12 sold the car to add the two years of warranty.
    I suspect some variation are getting us a discount offering Either as an enticement for the sale or enticement for business.

These are for the 12 cylinder models as the new power warrantee and the extension of warranty for eights and 12 have a different charge associated with this. Perhaps one of our friends from a northern or southern dealer can provide additional information. It is possible depending on how you’re asking the question that the prices would be different for those specific instances

ScottS

3. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    i have been told that the warranty extensions are sold by the dealers who can offer special prices if they wish, with any excess over what the factory requires going into the dealers pocket.
    I have heard at least twice before that Texas dealers offer the best prices.
    I think the general price at many dealers is $5,000 per year for most all Ferrari cars.
    They do have “specials” so one can see there is some latitude in what it will cost.

Bobby_P likes this.
  4. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    I do hope a dealer representative does chime in. At this point I just want to know what the actual, true Ferrari "MSRP" of the warranty is.

During my discussions with the various dealers I made every attempt to articulate my specific request. The Los Angeles are dealer informed me the "MSRP" was $10k for the 2-years...the Chicago-area dealer informed me, perhaps incorrectly, that the price is $13,200...indicated you do not get the 2nd year free...indicated the New Power warranty is $5,800 "but only covers 85% of the 4/5 year extension." The Texas dealer seemed to think I was "cheap" when I was needling him about the accuracy of his $5,250 quote...meaning..."can you really afford this car if you are worried about $5k?" :)

The way Ferrari markets the warranty...4th/5th year extension...buy one-year-get-second-year free...then the New Power warranty product being subsequent to the 4/5 year warranty certainly isn't helping. Obviously, I want to pay as little as possible for the warranty, but the price of the warranty is not ultimately going to disuade me from purchasing the "right" car...I am just really curious what the ACTUAL pricing is.

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Retail is $13,200 for the original full warranty extension for the two years after the three year it originally came with. Takes you to year five.

Bobby_P likes this.
  6. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    Thank you!!

Just to clarify...there is not a "buy 1 year get the 2nd free" deal as another poster mentioned?

7. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Paid just short of 11,000 Euros for the 2 years. Lusso V12. That includes 20% VAT so you can make your calculation.

Bobby_P likes this.