Is the steering wheel height adjustable? | FerrariChat

Is the steering wheel height adjustable?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Ballie64, May 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ballie64

Ballie64 Karting

Apr 24, 2021
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ball
    Hi everyone I have posted quite a bit the last week as I try to fund out things about my recently purchased 328.

It looks like there is the option to adjust the height of the steering wheel? Would this be the case? It looks like by undoing the bolts shown in the photo it can move up and down?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Ballie64 likes this.
  3. Ballie64

Ballie64 Karting

Apr 24, 2021
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ball
  4. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    I adjusted it to the highest point but then found the gap between the steering wheel and the dash to be too close so I recently put a 1/2” (12.5mm) spacer on mine and found that is the max I would go with the indicator stalk reach..I tried with a mock up of different size spaces, (25 and 50mm)
    More than that and it would fill a bit awkward to reach.

5. JonWH

JonWH Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    Yep 25mm spacer works like a charm. I thought I'd need to adjust the entire column but the spacer fixes the driving position perfectly.

6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    To adjust via those bolts, you also need to loosen the collar bolt on the column (sometimes, it's HELL tight). I've done it, but was disappointed to find that 1) you can't really adjust it that much and 2) on the far end, you can't properly see the gauges.

7. Dal308

Dal308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2014
    Coppell, TX
    Full Name:
    Dude
    I used the 50mm Hill spacer and changed to a Mondial shift leaver on my 308......it is taller like a 328 and angles back. That setup makes the steering wheel more reachable and at the same time lets me sit farther back and get more headroom. And still reach second and fourth gear without a problem.