550 is 25 next year . . . anyone fancy a meet in Maranello? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

550 is 25 next year . . . anyone fancy a meet in Maranello?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Bluebottle, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    1. Tim Eckart Germany red Maranello 550 1997
    2. Erik Eriksen Norway blue Maranello 550
    3. John Coventry UK red Maranello 550 1998

I have no issue with driving older cars long distances. Lack of aircon aside, I had no problem driving my Dino to Maranello and back in 2018. And back in the '90s, I used to do European rallies in these two:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

papou and F456M like this.
  2. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    I'd be interested, as a 575 owner. Oktoberfest and then Ferrari sounds good to me!

F456M likes this.
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Interested, red 2000 550 from France (near Paris).
    From Paris I guess itinerary could be France - Switzerland - Italy or France - Italy, I guess to be comfortable it's a two-day travel (70th anniversary rally had two stops, Zurich and Milan, but it was not a necessity; Milan is really not far from Maranello).

F456M likes this.
  4. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I talked to a friend in Norway who is a Ducati collector and has a black/black 1997 550. He is interested. But he is not on Fchat.

Erik

5. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    rhern213, Bas, Patrik550 and 2 others like this.
  6. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    FANTASTIC!

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    What, you mean they do not melt when they get wet?

8. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    ralfabco, rhern213, Bas and 2 others like this.
  9. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
  10. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    ...I am in providing all “lines up”...beginning of October would be ideal...I’m in the USA ...cheaper flights starting the second week of October...I’d have to go shotgun with someone as Covid has messed my business up bad so shipping is a bit too much...keep me posted and hers my email also:[email protected] Stuart
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  11. simchanova

Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    ...ALL!...just received an email they moved the ville d’eteste Concours to October 1-3...I could conceivably fly out Monday or Tuesday 9/27 or 9/28(I’m involved with my regions Concours judging 9/26)...how spectacular would it be to attend this Concours!...maybe they will make special allowances for it being the anniversary of the 550...think about it...we’d need GREAT DETAILED organization for this to happen this particular weekend...

F456M and LeoBRK like this.
  12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    As there is a better than evens chance that I shall have sold my 550 by the time we are able to drive to Italy again, I am afraid that I shall have to pass on this.:(

13. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    How cool to ship my Ferrari to Italy to drive in Italy and then ship it home... talk about "high rolling"!

F456M likes this.
  14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Actually it is a real experience. I am in the speedboat / powerboat business in Scandinavia, and there are every year about 5 boats that are shipped on a Ro-Ro ship to Miami to attend the poker runs during the winter time. They pay about 10.000 dollars each direction for a 47 foot boat (14,7 meters). Shippibg a car is like pocket money in comparison! I think we should do it! Just had communication with «Onno» on Facebook. He had a Porsche Night Blue 550 and has now bought a new one!! He wanted to be posted on this.

What we need to do is to make some kind of group of people working to organize it...

So who is up for the challenge?

I can be part of it.

Erik

15. simchanova

Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    ...I am in USA...the “dynamics” of organizing it are much better for our European friends than us...Covid,for now,has slowed my business so shipping my car out and back probably will not be an option unfortunately...I’d have to ride shotgun with someone...I also am a bigtime cyclist so I’m thinking to bring my Colnago to cycle before/after the Ville d’eteste weekend activities...I know there is a private exclusive viewing day in addition to the public day along with private dinners/parties/activities...my guess would be someone with “pull” or “authority” could talk with the organizers about our “significant anniversary” car to create some sort of “package” to get us into the private events,dinners,seminars,etc...Ville d’eteste has been on my “bucket list” FOREVER...how wonderful would it be to attend the full weekend events as a “high roller”!...it just could happen due to our cars special “birthday” with the right pull!...accommodations,obviously,would need to be entered into the logistics of it all...if I lived in Europe I’d take this on!-but I have zero connections to attain the “high roller” package I’m talking about!,lol!!!...at the minimum it’s exciting to think of this for me!!!,ciao ALL!

F456M likes this.
  16. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    You could perhaps buy a 550 over here, do the event and a bit of touring, and sell it afterwards - probably wouldn't cost any more than shipping your car here and back. You might even make a profit!:)

Now, who do I know who has one to sell just now . . . ;)

F456M likes this.
  17. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I wonder what kind of group shipping deal we could get from NYC port to Europe... anybody want to explore options?

18. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I know which one person who might be the right one. Marc Sonnery, who is also here on Fchat in the Maserati forum. He is a respected name in the European classic car world and he have a blue/beige 550 he can sell for one client! That might be a step in the right direction. He commented on my Facebook post when I posted this «Covid-edition lunch stop picture»... Here in France, the restaurants are mostly closed and some are open for take-away only. So when not having lunch at home, you need to improvise the best you can. Today I had take-away sushi and a good French dessert on a superb view point between Monaco and La Turbie. In 1/2 houre I am sure I saw and heared 5 Ferraris and 7 Porsche 911s racing up and down the hills...

:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Hi all,

yes, I am certainly interested. However, my company works me like a slave and getting holidays is next to impossible. October is a month with some potential, though.

I have several good friends with 550's. I will ask them if they are interested. Gratuitous shot of my new baby included for effect.

Onno
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    One of the unique advantages of having a Ferrari (550 in your case, 456M for me) is that posting a lovely sunset shot of the car is NEVER gratuitous.

F456M and JazzyO like this.
  21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    this is beyond cool. One of my favourite spots in the world. And on my birthday, to boot. And here I was locked down in London. Gives us hope, though.

F456M likes this.
  22. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This thread has been a little quiet so I thought I'd "bump to the top".

If I could be involved, and anyone could organize..... my sweet spot would likely be the week of September 20th (or maybe week of September 27th) with a weekend on both ends? I absolutely would have to be back in San Francisco on Sunday October 3rd.

My life is crazy with work and 2 small girls but this type of trip gets more and more interesting to me especially if I could figure out a way to do a week where I see:
    +) Maranello and the factory
    +) A day at Octoberbest (late september -- perhaps Saturday September 25th?)
    +) Nuremburgring with a day to do a tourist lap or two.

As @Bluebottle mentioned, I'm NOT up for organizing a trip but I LOVE a lot of the ideas that have been shared on this thread.

@simchanova had also mentioned perhaps for those interested the weekend of October 1-3 is the https://www.concorsodeleganzavilladeste.com/

I'd not ship my 550 and would do a rental car for a week. I personally would have to be back in San Francisco Sunday October 3rd as my wife travels for work the following week.

Just thinking of this and excited about the idea and hoped to "refresh" with you all......

23. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If there are enough US guys to fill a container (I think we need 3) out of Baltimore or NY, I'd be pretty interested in shipping a car. I have friends who will be at Villa D'Este which could be fun. That said, not particularly wed to a specific date.

F456M likes this.
  24. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    "+) A day at Octoberbest (late september -- perhaps Saturday September 25th?)"

Today I heard that Munich Oktoberfest 2021 is cancelled because of the pandemic.

Daniel