Replace Badges on 16 Cali T | FerrariChat

Replace Badges on 16 Cali T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mriley8683, May 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mriley8683

mriley8683 Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael W Riley
  2. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don't have an answer to your question just here to say your car looks awesome! What wheels are those?

3. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Plasti dip is an idea, and completely reversible. I believe I would at least try this at first.

Kevin

4. mriley8683

mriley8683 Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael W Riley
    Strasse

SGM likes this.
  5. mriley8683

mriley8683 Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael W Riley

tomc likes this.
  6. DrStig

DrStig Rookie

Dec 26, 2020
    I would plastidip them. Did it to other cars and it comes off if you change your mind. I may do the same once I wrap my roof and a pillars in black vinyl.

7. mriley8683

mriley8683 Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael W Riley
    4th try plasti dipping looks the best so far... not sure if I want to leave it or try again. This time I tried 3 light coats instead of 4-5. Maybe a less is more situation? It still doesn’t stick well but I put the tape right up to the edge of the Ferrari logo which worked better then just peeling alone.
    Overall looks good but I’m a bit of a perfectionist. If fine buying the black emblems... looks like they’re about 200-250 on eBay but I don’t want to pay to install them so not sure what to do.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer, kes7u and SGM like this.
  8. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That looks good. I did the front and back ones on my Lusso. Plasti dipped the front and had the rear removed and painted. They both look the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. mriley8683

mriley8683 Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael W Riley
    Any info on how to remove the back one would be greatly appreciated and the Ferrari logo.

I think removing it is where I’m heading. Plus the new black ones are 200 bucks …not cheap for 5 dollars worth of metal but to make it look perfect I think worth it.

10. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My local body shop did it....I don't know exactly but he said it was easy and I am assuming the panel inside the trunk was removed to gain access and pop it out from the backside....

11. V8date

V8date Rookie

Apr 13, 2021
    NC
    How did you plasti dip these without getting over spray on the body? The horse and Ferrari logo are very intricate and I couldn’t work the painters tape in the slots between the letters or the hair on the Cavallino’s mane. I would up buying a blacked out Cav and lid emblem for a 488 spider but I can’t figure out how to remove the bolts and lock washers on the units.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Black Chrome

13. mriley8683

mriley8683 Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael W Riley
    That’s basically the same place I’m at if you watch the plasti dip videos you actually are supposed to spray the car… it peels off. I will confess I plasti dipped an old pan I was throwing away first for practice. Then my Jeep and then the Ferrari .

The trunk/boot (depending on where you call home) on the cali at least has black push pins inside to hold on the lining that you need to remove. Then you can access the nuts and take off the Cav and pop out the lid emblem which I hear has rubber clamps of some sort to hold it on? All of this is hearsay at the moment. It might take me a while before I get to actually do it but I’ll try to keep you posted
    Image Unavailable, Please Login