FCA = Events? | FerrariChat

FCA = Events?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Where's Maranello, May 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Where's Maranello

Dec 17, 2020
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I was wondering about the events calander for the Ferrari Club of America and what it consists of? I've gone to their site but shows very little without joining. My main interests would be track events and maybe wine country tours. I was with Porsche Club and they always had Time Trials and Autocrosses. I saw one catagory that was titled "driver development", a sub catagory of Track Events", but no details. Anything at Sonoma Raceway or Thunderhill?
    Also, are their any groups that do Napa Valley tours or similar?
    Thanks in advance
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  2. doltond

doltond Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2008
    Sonoma and San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Dolton
  3. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Pacific Region of FCA doesn't do track events but they do lots of group drives, north bay, east bay and south bay. Ferrari Owners Group (FOG) also does drives. There is an exotic car run group with Track Masters May 15-16. I was signed up but had to cancel due to a family get together. I did time trial and raced with PCA for about 15 yrs. As far as I know, they are the only car club that offers track events like that.

4. Where's Maranello

Dec 17, 2020
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Wow, that Napa Valley 750 sounds rather interesting. It appeasrs to be over multiple days and maney wineries. I guess, I was thinking much lower. I live about 30 minutes from Napa and was thinking a handfull of cars, get together, drive out to a few wineris and enjoy the scenery, wines, drive and call it a day.

We just by chance met a guy from FOG, in Golden Gate Park, a few weeks ago. He mentioned some drives so maybe I should take another look into that group and compare for what's best for us.
    I ran with PCA-GGR about 20 years ago. Then did NASA and a few other "run what ya brung" clubs. I was just thinking, that if there were all Ferraris on the track, then a guy with $3k Honda Civic that's hung over from the night before, wont put his car in a comprimising position right in front of me. I just saw a photo of a guy in the FB 360/430 forum that was on track at Sonoma Raceway with another Ferrari right behind him. I messeged him to see what car club. We'll see.
    Thanks for the info.