1975 365 Gt4 2+2 Chassis 18715 | FerrariChat

1975 365 Gt4 2+2 Chassis 18715

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, Nov 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

As mentioned in the 365 auction thread (https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/365gt4-2-2-for-auction.563935/#post-145678157), here is some info on 18715 offered by Driver's Source. According to their site It looks like a sale is pending.

Overall the car looks mostly complete (some boot carpet is missing, etc), but what happened to the interior? To redo the interior is not cheap... ask me how I know, as I just had mine redone (full interior, dash, etc). The gine bay looks tidy and the exhaust system looks newer-ish.

Cheers,

Sam

https://inventory.driversource.com/vehicles/176/1975-ferrari-365-gt4-2-2
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    19751 Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2
    Color: Blue Exterior with Tan Interior
    Mileage: 108,568 KM
    Chassis: 18715
    Asking: $79900 USD (according to wda24729)

2. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Car was apparently bought by Gullwing where it is now for sale for $10k more. That was quick.

3. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Carguy246,

You are right... the car is now at Gullwing and offered for $89.5K

https://www.gullwingmotorcars.com/1975-ferrari-635-gt4-2-2-c-3385.htm?searchtype=bymm&make=FERRARI&model=ALL&bodytype=ALL&

Here is some additional details that were not on the Driver Source Website:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Interesting- that was indeed quick and apparently not the first time these two dealers do this kind of quick exchange: the other example I know of is my 1986 412 5 speed (S/N 63321). Leads me to believe that Driver Source may have better (ahem) inventory sourcers than Gullwing and somehow finds these cars first.

Either way, looks like a nice find.

Ruben

5. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

It will be interesting to see if this car sells at this price. If it does, then it means that this model has moved from the past's unloved/ignored territory to one that is desirable. I say this, as a number of F-cars are down 20%+ from the highs of a few years ago ... and the 365 Gt4 2+2 looks to have actually gone up... and that this car will need some $$$ to make it a solid driver+.

As far as I can see the car will need:

a. Complete interior (minimum of $15K+) plus new mouse-hair
    b. Given the car's mileage possibly new valve guides, valves (if anything maybe a good idea to do a sodium valve replacement), timing chain, tensioners
    c. Brake refresh (mentioned within Ebay ad)
    d. Suspension refresh (possibly bushings, shocks, etc)
    e. Tires, no mention of their age, but the ad does say it just came out of long term storage.
    f. Misc hoses, etc

On the positive side...

1. The ad does say that the paintwork was redone (need to verify quality of repaint and any body repairs)
    2. The exhaust looks quite good and it looks to be an OEM Ansa... which is quite pricey for this car
    3. The ad states that everything works
    4. Everything looks to be present.

As a price comparison, I did a quick search on Mobile.de and found 9 cars for sale and the asking prices range from 89.5K Euro ($105K USD) to 135K Euro ($159K USD). However it is unknown how these European offered cars compare to this one.

Cheers,

Sam

7. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Looks handsome in Blue Ribot. I think it might draw a wider audience on eBay if Gullwing could call it a 365 rather than a 635!
    Lots of bemused BMW shoppers out there........

Best.

M

G. Pepper likes this.
  8. Jeffkrell

Jeffkrell Rookie

Aug 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Still for sale...funny this thing is a wreck. No hose clamps on hi pressure cooling lines, no spark plug guide looms, nuts missing.... “drives and runs great” ha ha ha

9. RomeoWhiskey

RomeoWhiskey Rookie

May 2, 2021
    Almost four years and counting.... still for sale https://www.gullwingmotorcars.com/1975-ferrari-365-gt4-c-3385.htm. I’ve been keeping an eye on this car and appreciate the info provided by others as I like the car, the color and the V-12... But, peculiar, it still sits. Perhaps the price no longer matches market realities and now having sat waiting for new ownership for four years....

Being new to this particular model range, what is the process behind the motor number and chassis number not being the same? I confess I’m out of my depth and wanted to learn a bit more if someone is willing to explain. Thank You -

10. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Engine number isn't the same as the chassis number for these cars (or anything later).

I imagine it hasn't sold because it is quite a limited market for these cars, especially so in the US where they're arguably less well known. But mostly because it clearly needs a big pile of money spent on it and quite probably more than will be in the car once its done. Also, potential buyers can see a lot needs doing but will probably also be thinking about what else might need doing that can't be so easily seen. So it needs a buyer who knows that but still wants it - and can bargain on the price to a level that works for them.

11. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  12. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Let's be honest here, someone has deferred a TON of maintenance and tried to make this car look good by putting a new paint job on it (painted incorrectly by the way).

13. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I chose to leave the section by the taillights body color. I just prefer it that way. I’d imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to make it the correct color.