For Sale - Ferrari FF CONVERTIBLE | Page 2 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarinoPerformanceMotors

BANNED

Apr 22, 2021
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Full Name:
    Marino Performance Motors
    Reply:

Marketing "inbound" cars is not unusual especially when they are one-offs. We sold him this car which we bought wholesale after performing our detailed due diligence on the car. We have sold thousands of exotics over the decades and there is also nothing unusual about service histories with issues relating to radios, emissions etc. As long as they were addressed by FNA or an authorized service shop over the years, this is a non-issue. Ferraris are hand built; no two are alike and they are indeed rarely without minor issues. This car is also CPO, so it recently passed the 110 point inspection to get certified.

As mentioned before Customer Builders LLC markets a Dodge conversion at higher volumes which is why they got out of bespoke exotic conversions. Droptop convertibles is to Dodge as Futura Mobili is to FF/GTC4. Physics, fiberglass and aluminum do not car what logo goes on the chassis. The FF conversion is done in a separate "Lab" vs. the high volume Dodge cars.

Our bad on the rendering confusion. The original rendering was done off a red generic car to conceptualize the design before the actual Rosso Mugello car was purchased. The original car rendering was then modified to reflect the actual car's features in production. That's where the confusion began.

We accept your criticism as valid. Hopefully, it is all clear now and we can focus on the fact that is a real project that is a pretty cool thing to follow. He's meeting with the factory this week and will take detailed pics and video.

Leaks likes this.
  2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    You may want to change your ad as it is misleading. You are advertising a converted FF when it is in fact a car that is in process of being converted. If I understand correctly you do not have a completed car available for sale? It appears you have a car that is undergoing a conversion. One that you have no idea how it will actually turn out?

gt1995 and NuorderSG like this.
  3. harrisonwebb

harrisonwebb Rookie

Feb 23, 2021
    Not trying to discourage this build but is this photoshop; the rims don’t look right nor side shields?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Amen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    First rule of selling:

"Know your audience".

LordVennFF, Jakuzzi, gt1995 and 2 others like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Tough people with 0 intention of buying?;)

7. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    For someone with 0 interest in this you sure are taking things personally and come to their defense pretty quick. So how in the world do you know who has a real interest in buying or not?? Bottom line is the OP posted a car for sale that was supposed to be a converted FF and posted a link and picture. It now turns out that the photo was a fake photoshop and the car is in the process of being converted and is a work in progress. Those are the facts.

4re308, Schultz, gt1995 and 2 others like this.
  8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Wow. That is amazing/ballsy. I cant wait to see the finished product.

Not in the market but i love seeing people get creative with their Ferraris (unless it's a super limited one of course..).

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Ok mr conspiracy theorist. I’m the son of the owner of Marino motors and it’s my FF being chopped ...
    Ridiculous. Get over yourself. Blocked

FYI it’s obviously not my FF, I’m not his son and never bought a car from them, been to their showroom once:)

10. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    cool project,cudos to you guys ,for taking this not very exiting car,and turn it inn to something fun,also nothing wrong with marketing a project during the build process. we do this in the boat bussines, with products 10 times the price of this car. fun project,can not waith to see the car in the flesh.best of luck.

11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I'm surprised by this post. F-chat is a community, and watching out in the ads has long been part of that. You honestly don't see any reasons why the OP got some of the replies it got? really?

Fake photos and NOT DISCLOSING all the RATHER IMPORTANT info in the OP that later was posted led directly to those of us wondering "what the ****" when we saw this ad. Its not the f-chat membership's fault that the OP posted a lame ad without the needed disclosure.

Radu, Boots, megamarco9 and 5 others like this.
  12. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I would hope the first rule is to accurately describe what you are selling. But I have higher expectations than most.

carguyjohn350 and mkraft3003 like this.
  13. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    If the OP simply was clear and not clearly misleading, this would have gone a totally different direction. You post crap, you get crap. Do better next time if you don't want to get replies wondering what the **** this is all about.

That said (and only then to attempt to explain to those few incredulous posts wonder why the thread went as it did), no real harm and now the seller has taken the time to actually describe what the heck they are selling. And, its an interesting project, that might have an interesting car when its done. So...onward.

AlexBen and mkraft3003 like this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Idk…i saw the op as an fyi and my reaction was positive. If i was going to do the conversion i wld have reached out and learned more, thats all.

15. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I get it, I too think these types of projects are cool.

But...posting an ad for a car that doesn't yet exist (and not telling readers that) and using fake photos (without labeling them as such) are very, very, very low bars to expect a seller to meet imho.

The seller rectified those mistakes in a latter post, so all is fine now.

(I only posted because a couple of folks here seemed incredulous that some fellow members were questioning the OP because of those omissions from the OP. Whereas some of us view such posts as a service to the community. The OP certainly had an oppty to provide the material missing information and did so.).

16. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    True. I bought my California there in 2019. Fantastic folks to deal with. Why they don't have pics is a mystery but these guys are NO scammers. Solid dealership with a great reputation.

17. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Would be exciting to me and a 650 horse V12 sounds pretty dang fun.

18. MarinoPerformanceMotors

BANNED

Apr 22, 2021
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Full Name:
    LOL. Well said.

There are 2 things that seem to be mixed up a bit in all the comments: Promotion vs. Selling

PROMOTION: We've been selling Ferraris for a long time. We think our customer is pretty cool for not only rendering a car as an amateur, but then finding a reputable factory to build his vision and then investing to actually do it. All this with a reasonable "budget" in mind. Once the top got cut this past weekend we all were like "holy s**t" this is real! As Ferrari enthusiasts and people that like to watch real people take risks with a pure motive, this is Ferrari voyeurism at its best. We posted in three different threads on Fchat becuase we want to share this cool thing AND promote this cool thing.

SELLING: The dude wants to recover his engineering costs. He's already paid out over $150K. The actual buyer we are trying to attract will "get that" and based on the serious inquiries we have received ( including "convert" mine ), the ad is connecting real buyers with a real seller and a real product. We're well ahead of Tesla selling undisclosed roadsters for undisclosed specs for $50K down with an undisclosed delivery. You can enter into a contract today for this car and get it before summer ends ( Carfax, VIN, CPO and all per the renderings ). Real enough for real target buyer. Our customer is a pretty credible buyer and look what he's going through. He's making it easier for others like him. THAT's who we are SELLING to.

Sure we could be wait til the car is completely done and then post it, but we're offering this one early because that's how exotics and the excitement that comes with them get sold... at least for the buyer(s) we are looking for.

Jakuzzi and Joshman0531 like this.
  19. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've been waiting for one with a lift kit and mudders on it.

Michael Call and carguyjohn350 like this.
  20. G50carerra

G50carerra Rookie

Mar 15, 2015
    Melbourne FL
    I have purchased 3 cars from Marino Performance Motors. They are honest and straight shooters.

21. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Its just how the car was presented. If you had stated up front what was going, posted a picture of the car in work, and then some renderings that were clearly labeled as such I think you would have avoided most of this.

Heck I'm still not sure what you're selling at this point. You talk about entering a contract for this car, but then say there is already a customer who is financing it. Are there two cars getting converted? Are you offering this as a service? Did the original customer back out? If so why?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  22. MarinoPerformanceMotors

BANNED

Apr 22, 2021
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Full Name:
    Our Customer is funding ( "financing" ) the engineering cost and paying Custom Builders upfront to implement his design. The first car in production is the FF in the ad. You can buy it from us today and we expect to deliver it in June/July. Our customer also bought a Lusso and wants to convert it too to subsidize/recover his investment in the engineering. Therefore, yes, we are selling this as an aftermarket service to either convert "your" existing Lusso of FF for $99K or buy a completed car like the car#1 FF or the car#2 Lusso ( next in line ) . No one has backed out of anything, it's a plan to spread the cost over a few cars. Our customer and the owner of the factory are going to keep one for themselves after they breakeven on the engineering costs spread across a half dozen cars or so. That's the plan for now.

23. usshelena725

usshelena725 Karting

Nov 22, 2014
    Johnson City, TN
    Lol. Offers car for sale that isn't really in existence yet, provides photos that look like they've been altered in Microsoft paint. Proceeds to insult, yell, and become belligerent when other posters question the validity of the for sale ad.

Solid reputation for a seller - lol.

Good grief. Why do people think they can act this way and maintain a solid long term customer base?

andyrichter likes this.
  24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Insult, yell, belligerent? Man my reading comprehension must be decaying.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Got insulted didn’t insult nor responded to any insults.
    My comprehension is also limited I guess