The National Ferrari Owners Day | FerrariChat

The National Ferrari Owners Day

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wheels1, Apr 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    This is being run by the Ferrari Owners Club GB, but is open to non members with a Ferrari and is on the 5th of June 2021, at Sywell airfield, Bedfordshire.

https://www.nationalferrariownersday.com/

I am sure convoys will be springing up soon to go the event.

2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Small point - Sywell is in Northamptonshire.

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    North of the M4 is north!!!

Small convoy forming up from Swindon area!

4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Over 500 tickets sold so far, so there should be lots of cars there.

5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Doing what? There's still no more useful information on the website. Lucky you're doing a great job plugging it Grant!

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Well, I will be blasting down the runway flat out hopefully, as I booked that last year!
    And I was going to say go for a flight in a Spitfire, but sadly I would not fit and it’s sold out!

7. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    So the sum of the attractions is watching you driving in a straight line? haha!

8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Well Johnathan. I would have thought you would be in heaven being able to photograph 500 Ferraris. :)

More importantly you get to meet up with lots of friends you have not seen for a long time and a convoy is always good fun.

As you say, it does not say too much on the web-site about it, I am sure there is more going on, I will find out tomorrow.

9. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Spoke to the club
    Lots going on.
    Close to 1000 Ferraris going now.
    Some info below:-

The inaugural National Ferrari Owners’ Day is set to see the biggest gathering of ‘Tipos’ (Ferrari types) in the UK for many years. At the heart of the event will be a curated Ferrari Timeline, representing every possible model and era of production from Italy’s most illustrious marque. Ferrari visitors to the show can display their pride and joy in the Meguiars’ Pride of Ownership Trophy – not a concours, but an opportunity for owners who keep their car in excellent order to compete for the free-to-enter Meguiars’ Trophy.

Ferrari owners can pre-register for the Superformance Runway Speed Experience. If you have never driven your Ferrari at speed this is the perfect opportunity to try it in a controlled environment on Sywell's 1,200-metre runway. Across the aerodrome there will be numerous casual food and drink options, as well as exhibits and displays from Official Ferrari Dealerships, Club Partners and other lifestyle brands.

Silverstone Auctions are holding a best of breed Sale of Ferraris in Hanger One, with lots expected from across the UK and Europe. Given Sywell’s distinguished aviation history, there’s even the opportunity to take to the skies – with a limited number of two-seat Spitfire and Mustang warbird flights available. As the event coincides with the anniversary of D-Day, we will be reflecting this with an air display by the ultimate fighters comprising Spitfire, Thunderbolt, Mustang and Messerschmitt amongst others.

10. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Looking forward to this one.

11. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Who from here is going then?

12. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Yep should be there unless weather is rubbish

13. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Same

14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I am organising a convoy, the plan for anyone that wants to join up en-route is:- to meet at Histon CB24 9PS, North of Cambridge, leave the A14
    towards Histon/ impington, Junction 32, after only 100 yards at the lights turn left and meet near small green at 8am– to leave at 8:15 am.

Then the next stop will be at Applegreen Spaldwick Service Station PE28 0TD on the A14 at 08:45 for coffee and leave at 09:10, the services are just past the A1/ A14 new junction going west on the A14.
    Anyone going to Sywell, welcome.

15. ohared

ohared Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2009
    I am just north of Oxford, just off the A34. Anyone coming past me in the morning ?

16. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I'll be coming down from Staffs via the M42/M40 in my red 911 (1969). If the weather is not good, will probably decide on the day. No Ferrari yet.

17. Oitbc

Oitbc Rookie

Mar 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Phil Thomas
    Only joined the club in the last few days and saw this event was on - gutted all the runway tickets were sold out - have a couple of tickets to pop up but going to see how the weather is on the day. If its abysmal gales and rain then nope but if its like today then yes.

18. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Anybody coming from the south west, looking to arrange a meet up just outside Swindon on the a420 and drive up!

I will put some details up once confirmed; but likely McDonald’s at shrivenham for 0730, leave 0800.

19. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Please note the meet times have changed to 8.30-08.40 for the 1st stop and 9.15-09.25 for the second. I think there will be around 15 cars so far by the time we get to the second meet point.

20. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I’m meeting up with the Ferrari Midlands group on the a46 at the first services after the m40 at 0930. Will travel in caravan from there.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. SinghFcar

SinghFcar Rookie

May 7, 2021
    Full Name:
    A Singh
    Just joined the Club having bought my first Ferrari 2 weeks ago. Will be attending (F430 Spider). Driving up from West London.

22. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    If your coming up the A1 you could join up with us at Spaldwick on the A14 at 09.15?

23. SinghFcar

SinghFcar Rookie

May 7, 2021
    Full Name:
    A Singh
    Hi yes that works for us - we will be at Spaldwick at 915.
    (Black 430 Spider)

24. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Great event and lovely weather, very few older cars present which was a surprise.

25. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Was a big turn out! SF90s were a bit common !!!!! Yeah shame about the older cars; I love those.