Premium paints and price | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Premium paints and price

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GT2goneF, Feb 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

This certainly was something that I talked at great length with my installer. Actually I brought it up a few weeks ago with him and he invited me to look at a car that was having film removed on a section of a Maclaren done 6 years ago.

They didn't pull the film off like someone having hair removed with a strip of depilatory wax. They slow warm up the film and slowly remove it at a very low angle. Bonnet and guards about 1 hour. No issues.

Again the right person removing the film is just as important and the film applicator.

GT2goneF likes this.
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I saw Mazda's Soul Red and left me breathless. If Coburn is as close to that as people say. That has got to be a beautiful Ferrari! I even took a video and sent it to a friend that is ordering an F8, trying to convince him to get it. The way light bounces accentuating the lines, can't describe it.

IloveGT likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    My guy uses a steam gun.

MANDALAY likes this.
  4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The longer you wait when it gets dull or scratched the more chance of it causing harm. They all use a steam gun (or should). They all have stories of paint pulling. No one warrantees the paint with PPF. You take your chances with chips or with sections of clear coming off. Its whatever makes you sleep better at night.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yep

6. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I have heard the same from everyone who has bought TLP. Customer of my dealership bought Rosso Fuoco, got a scratch on driver side door. They had to have the entire side repainted as the door would not match. If you buy TLP, then PPF the whole car.

Also, confirming the other poster that blu elettrico is TLP, $28K and IMO looks better on a bigger car than the mid engines. PPF needed. I know all of my TLP cars have been saved by PPF. But remember, this is now a $38K price tag. ($28K + $10K for a quality PPF).

Also on resale, don’t expect significant return at all on it. It’s very personal and something for a car you love for the long run. Or the short run and you don’t care about a return on the paint.

7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    TLP is 32-33k USD. Two tone an additional 12k. Ask me how I know...

Resale... That is a tricky one. It may not work for you, but the dealership uses it in their favor to sell. When I went looking the first time. There was a Bianco Fuji F12 for sale. Please, for 1 Billion dollars, guess what was the first thing that came out of his mouth...

jm2 likes this.
  8. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    yes, he has more up to date to pricing :). I have TLP in my F8 and my SF90. It’s just buried in my “other options” part of my MSRP/invoice. Which after I buy the car, I just forget about and just start driving. Now, if your specific TLP is exactly what the buyer is looking for, it can work brilliantly....

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

The colour is great. But one has to understand that colours like this change in shade drastically due to light and angle. If you like that well its definitely a colour for you.
    However I dont that's why I have always stayed away from solid colours and have always gone metallic. But many metallic paints are just too much metallic and particle size.
    The introduction of Corsa Blue and Rosso Corsa Metalizatto are a perfect amount that extenuates the gloss without seeing the metal flakes.

BTW going on the comments about Ferrari and RC . Thing is its 2021 all the other manufacturers have all but abandoned bright red. My RCM stands out like the proverbial. If it was any other colour it would just blend in with the rest of the cars on the road.

10. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    This is why I prefer Rosso Maranello, been a mica paint, to Rosso Fuoco. It is smoother, glossier, and works magic int he light. Almost like a flame treatment. Dull in the shade, and breathtaking in the light. I have yet to see a better color, IMHO of course.

JJ77 and MANDALAY like this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am with you. As you already know I have a Bianco Italia. However, for this to be a solid color, it is quite spectacular. It is special. I would not pay something approximating to triple layer paint premium, but would consider for a small premium. Unfortunately, I heard this paint approximates TLP premium, which I find a little steep and ridiculous.

MANDALAY likes this.
  12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Bianco Italia is that color you are yet to find.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Bummer this company doesnt have it in their list.

I got mine Rosso Corsa Metalizato but there is no Bianco Italia :( Avus and Fuji only

Im also ordering Ferrari Rosso Angelo because i really want to see the shade that is named after ME :)

https://gravity-colors.com/

GT2goneF likes this.
  14. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Boots, MANDALAY and jm2 like this.
  15. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Same colour as the lifting cradle :eek: :D

Data and jm2 like this.
  16. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    haaaaa! true, I was thinking the same thing, maybe I over spent?

jm2 likes this.
  17. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Joking of course, had my doubts over the wisdom in my selection of a triple layer, but its all anyone says about the car.

It will look spectacular in the flesh and have some crazy changeability, based on lighting. Novelty value is worth the price alone, let alone the individuality and feeling of personalisation.

Bold and confident choice - well done !!

GT2goneF and jm2 like this.
  18. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    oh, kind, thanks, I am excited to see the finish in person...

19. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    It's nice for sure. Contemplating one eventually. I suppose we will have to meet and take pics. And check out the exhausts!

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Finally!!!! I remember your color. It is indeed a spectacular silver. Almost as nice as my Bianco Italia... LOL.

Enzo Belair likes this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    The funny thing about this is that most people wont know. But when we see each other's cars in these premium colors we are like teenagers with Penthouse or Playboy magazines.. LOL

Enzo Belair and xBox like this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Soon... I hope

23. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That's why I cant wait for some alone time with my car in a private place.

ScottS and GT2goneF like this.
  24. BtvFerrari

BtvFerrari Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2020
    The Netherlands
    Does anyone have an indication on what the price is of using and naming a paint sample at Tailor Made?

Thanks

25. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    My color is a Tailor Made color, it was 32K