Help please 812 drill free plate mount | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Help please 812 drill free plate mount

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Scraggy, May 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'll email him thanks. Just to be clear though a standard UK plate should stick onto this holder either with tape or the mounting holes right? I realise either side of the plate will be wider than the holder but that won't matter I think?

2. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    That’s my view. See photos I posted earlier. The mount is flat and will have holes for bolting the plate on or you can stick it on will 3m tape. So you can fix a wider plate on FMOV mount.

3. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Emailed Milt and he’s reserved one for me. Appreciate you sorting it all out for us. Thanks.

R J likes this.
  4. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    #54 R J, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Milt at Ferrari of Vancouver now has the UK / European style plate holders in stock if you fancy one. Photos of the plate holder above and below. Looks good to me. And, importantly, positions the plate below the Cavallino to minimise aesthetic and airflow disruption.

Looks like the best solution for full legal plates. Will fit various size plates - can use 3M tape or screw mount the licence plate to the plate holder.

The mount itself is drill free, very secure and stable, and is an easy 3 to 4 minute on/off process.

marky1 likes this.
  5. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
  6. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    R J likes this.
  7. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I should also have mentioned thanks to RJ for getting these sorted out for EU sized plates, appreciate it.

R J likes this.
  8. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    My issue with the FMOV mount is the plate holder protrudes about 3 cm below the spoiler up front and even with a front lift may scrape and get damaged while the cabonio does not- any experience with the FMOVmount now it is out for almost a year?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I’m looking for a removable front mount for my 812.

It’s been a while since this thread was last discussed and seems there are various suppliers now for the Removable 812 front number plate mounting.

After reading this thread I favour the FMOV version over Carbonio as I prefer the position and don’t plan to remove it often so 5 minutes vs 5 seconds is fine for me.

I will be using a standard UK front number plate height but not quite as wide as normal. Are the FMOV available in the UK anywhere or do I need to buy direct from Canada?

10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    You need to buy from Canada.

11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I recently bought them from Canada - Ferrari of Vancouver. Milt was very helpful and plate arrived in a few days. Works very well.

ajr550 likes this.
  12. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Ditto.
    Initially used the Carbonio but now have the FMOV from Ferrari Vancouver which IMHO is the best non drill option.

13. Jasper333

Jasper333 Rookie

Jun 1, 2017
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    For anyone in the UK looking for a no drill option - I have an FMOV plate holder and a Carbonio that I will be selling shortly (have just sold my 812). Will be adding details to the parts for sale forum in due course. If interested before then please get in touch.

14. AH812

AH812 Rookie

Apr 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Andrew Howarth
    Jasper do you still have your FMOV plate holder for sale?

15. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    The Carbonio 812 license plate mount was re-designed several months back with a all new mount that no longer blocks the front horse. This new design retains our proprietary super-fast on and off mechanism and is 100% self-contained. Fits all global license plate sizes.

More info is available on the product page:

https://carbonio.com/collections/ferrari/products/ferrari-812-superfast-license-plate-mount

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Are there any tow hook license plate brackets for Ferraris?

17. TheDeadPrussian

Mar 25, 2021
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Mark Cox
    A wholehearted recommendation for the Carbonio solution. I have used the updated version to mount my front plate on my 812 (it is a smaller size plate (12" x 3"); the mount is excellent quality and very secure, I fitted it in 5 seconds and can remove it in the same amount of time. Thoroughly recommended.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

350MH83 and xBox like this.
  18. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for the kind words. Also awesome shade of blue and really cool personalized plate.

19. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    Just ordered Carbonio for my F12 after reading this - just to double check before it ships it doesn’t cover Cavellino - I will be using a 50% smaller UK plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Jasper333

Jasper333 Rookie

Jun 1, 2017
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, still available. Have dropped you a PM.

21. TheDeadPrussian

Mar 25, 2021
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Mark Cox
    The plate in my picture is 12" x 3" and is roughly 50% of the full-size UK plate. Whilst my car is an 812, I think you should be okay with the F12.

22. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
  23. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Hi Roger.
    The 812 one fits differently to the F12 one, so I don't think it will fit an F12, and if my memory is right, if you have it much lower on the F12, your plate will hit the middle wedge on the front splitter. Not unless they have made a modified F12 plate folder?