Wanted - F355 355 Carbon Sport Seats | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Wanted F355 355 Carbon Sport Seats

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by ShineKen, Apr 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
  2. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    You're nuts! Haha.

ShineKen likes this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    ;)I wasn’t kidding when I said they were rare.

carnutdallas likes this.
  4. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Considering a reupholster at the moment

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    kryten2001 likes this.
  6. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

nice but narrow, standard or large :)

if there’s only 80 pairs out there I think I’d rather get a custom fit made from a good local. Fortunately we do have some excellent ones over here.

7. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Oh I see they also sell entire hides... now that’s a good idea

ShineKen likes this.
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #85 ShineKen, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    1 full hide should be good for 2 seats. Just make sure it’s Connolly. I’d check UK sources.

And ask for a small sample to compare to your interior first

kryten2001 likes this.
  10. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Beautiful!

11. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    As a friendly note, This is a wanted ad not a discussion area. Please move the general discussion to one of the 435+ threads on carbon seats in the F355 section. Please only post here if you have new information on where a set of seats can be located for the OP. So basically we are not going to bump this thread to the top of the classified section on every thumbs up or repeat all of the info that belongs in the model section. Thanks.

Robb

mymelody12 and ShineKen like this.
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Sorry Robb. 355 owners getting carried away as usual :).

mymelody12, Yassa, Robb and 1 other person like this.
  13. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    It is 100% a discussion area. Discussion brings upon interest and possibly new information.

When people responded to your for sale ad's, did you shut it down with "this is not a discussion area" or respond in kind to generate more interest?

The answer is the latter, and that luxury is afforded to every member here.

mymelody12 likes this.
  14. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Right. It’s for adding new “pertinent” info on the selling or buying of the parts.

you can’t add a discussion post that says:

bump

or

still for sale / still looking

Or

how about these sparco seats I have for sale

which is effectively a high jack of another person’s ad

or

Post every possible combination of where these seats have been seen in cars on the internet or every possible combination of colors ever made.

because by 4 posts, let alone 4 pages, the people reading know exactly what Ken is looking for (in a wanted ad) and how to use the pm function to contact him to sell or help locate.

if 100 F355 members each decide to “like” the ad by adding an extra comment where it’s really just not needed every couple of hours, then it’s doing a disservice to the OTHER posters hoping to get some views on the front page for a short period of time that they have something they want to buy or sell.

Let me know what this ad is missing to help Ken find a seller. Let me know if there is any doubt as to what he is looking for.

We can pin a carbon sports seat thread in the F355 section for a time period where extensive discussion has already occurred almost as much as timing belt discussion. :D

No problem making it a feature discussion of the week / month pin…

no one is taking away a member’s right to discuss the topic or go into painstaking detail. It simply has to be in the proper section.

Feel free to start a general discussion thread on recovering F355 carbon sport seats with Connelly leather in the F1 section or in other sections. The mods will move it right away. Just like when this thread is added to unnecessarily. It’s effectively an end run around the “no bumping” rule.

so let’s be productive and kind to our other members and move the future discussion back to the F355 section.

I ‘m all for a secret stash of the seats being found in a barn. Ken already has every possible corner of the market covered worldwide for these. He will find a pair I have no doubt sooner than the rest of us.

No further comments needed in this ad unless you have a set teed up for Ken or links to his barn find.

Thanks.

Robb

tres55, ShineKen and mymelody12 like this.
  15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    carbonsmith, tres55 and Robb like this.
  16. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    That thread pinned for the near future in the F355 section.

Robb

ShineKen and tres55 like this.
  17. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I understand your point of view and while it may seem so I'm not trying to be difficult, just an observation! (s)

So applying the above to this-

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/divorce-sale-1995-ferrari-355-challenge.606610/

Not a discussion area but could say, 90% of responses were discussion?

This thread, yes a while back but all discussion as well?

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2009-aston-martin-v8-vantage-very-low-miles-with-upgrades-simply-stunning.622979/#post-147286430

I mean, after the first post everyone knows what's being sold and yet comments expressing personal sentiment/opinion/general discussion were not pimp slapped into oblivion but accepted with open arms :D And of course not just those two, an uncountable amount more. It's reasonable to think anyone else with a shared interest may respond without adding any direct information about the exact vehicle/part being sold but would still result in more interest in said item.

And Robb, you know I love you! My point about the above threads is not that I feel anything about them was wrong, but to me, the natural direction of things.

Completely agree the Bump!, still for sale!, or hijack responses are annoying. Just saying I don't think this fell under those categories, just a natural progression of discussion due to interest.

That being said, if the general concern is too many responses results in a disservice to other members/ads, would you consider subforum stickies for classifieds? As in, sticky in 348/355 forum for member to member classifieds?

I would personally find that a great convenience to searching through all classifieds for 355 parts.

Last idea I would have is, instead of every response bumping a classified thread to the top, let them be sorted 100% by date listed. Anyone "watching" or responding to it would get a notification of any new response. (so you could have a continual dialog without continually being bumped to the top) interested parties continue to be informed. Or allow a toggle to sort ads by -newest- below ones you've responded to or watched.

This thread is already buried and gone as it probably would have been hours after first posted if there wasn't any other interest.

Just throwing ideas out there! If you guys hate them, my apologies.

Yassa and Robb like this.
  18. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    :) to start it off.

There were only 2 posts in the Aston Martin ad thread that did not pertain to seeing the car in person or linking to a thread located on that car, or people asking questions directly about the car or it’s availability… some people like to up their post count and the ads are the easiest place for them and also new members to get their feet wet on neutral subject matters.

I was not a mod at the time so had no input on what the rules were and if they were followed.

I normally request my car ads to be locked so the discussion happens between the buyer and seller (already enough thorough info posted) so I’d rather the ad not get hyped nor downbeat - just the info and how to connect. Anyone can request their ad be locked by a mod to make it more like a traditional ad. Sometimes I also request my parts ads be locked. I have a good track record on pricing items realistically so for sale items and cars do not stay long. I understand the issue with wanted ads but as long as you include contact info, people that have a real item can find you to complete the due diligence. Wanted ads also bring out scammers that the mods regularly investigate as part of our duties. Lot of bad guys out there and wanted ads are the worst area for them. So short and sweet but thorough is the winner.

on the challenge car ad by Rob Lay… I was not yet a mod when that was started either and while the mods do keep the site owner in line if problems arise, you know site ownership has its pluses. Not all the mods can have eyes everywhere unless people bring issues to our attention with a report button being tapped.

The mods have a get together to talk rules changes at the beginning of each year. This year I started discussion about what needs to be refined in the classified area. There were good suggestions and I’m sure you see the pinned rules updated as we go. Bottom line is that the ads will always primarily be a place to connect buyers with sellers. The other 400 sections on the site are reserved for detail discussion.

I like your term pimp slap.. :)

we try to incorporate user needs into each section of the site. The 348/F355 section recently had the DIY pinned thread revised to make topics easier to locate under search here and through google. And I pinned the sport seats thread there for now. We can pin different threads at the top and rotate. We just don’t want 10 pinned threads there.

I like your suggestion of a pinned for sale link there to make it quick and easy to find stuff and promote to the most likely buyers. I think we can look at that moving that forward in our model section.

all good.

good luck with the barn find Ken.

Robb

mymelody12 likes this.
  19. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Awkward

INTMD8 and Yassa like this.
  20. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    ^ Truly correct, I’ve always been awkward :D

I appreciate the response. Again, not faulting the responses to those threads at all, I think it generates interest and would rather see that than not as I believe positive sentiment motivates buyers. I think those threads would have dried up like this one otherwise.

Not my decision however so apologies and bowing out!

Appreciate the consideration of model or sub forum specific classified.

Thank you.

rizzo308, Yassa and mymelody12 like this.
  21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Can close thread now :)

Auraraptor and Yassa like this.