812 VS Rumors | Page 295 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I think 899 coupe and 499 aperta

TOOLFAN, ppg70, FLU and 1 other person like this.
  2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    We continuo waiting for the full details and new images of the 812 VS that will be released at 14:30 CEST on 5 May. While waiting, for easier comparison between the different models below I post some more pictures this time with the side views of the GT Ferraris V12. two-seater from the period 1959 to 2021.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

R J, -CD-, flat-12 and 12 others like this.
  3. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    marvelous, thanks for posting. I wish I owned them all ...

4. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Call it whatever you like. I am always up for a bit of fun or silliness. But sarcasm is childish and seems to come from insecure people we are meant to be adults here. Your choice of wording aside the fact is you got it wrong so if I apply your logic. You must be a rude idiot is this correct?

Mickyd329 likes this.
  5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Made me the same effect :D

Thanks a lot @MDEL

MDEL and roma1280 like this.
  6. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Sarcasm is defined as:

"1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain"

or

"the use of irony to mock or convey contempt"

So giving pain to someone or conveying contempt certainly doesn't fall under being respectful. Similarly, using "rude idiot" isn't being respectful either.

You can both take 30 days off the thread.

7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You will....
    :)

of2worlds, roma1280 and MDEL like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    #7359 italiafan, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Yin...I am no newbie to FChat, having been here since 2006, as you know. IMO it is absolutely absurd you gave dcmetro a 30 day thread ban...ridiculous. While I have always thought you to be measured and fair...no longer.

dcmetro was making a simple joke about what appeared to be a “Johnny come late to the party,” and then did NOT disrespect anyone directly, zero personal attack...you put quotes into your reason for a thread ban supposedly as the “evidence” justifying the ban, lamely quoting a definition for “sarcasm” and then banned him...what? Really? For English being his second language? Are you giving English language lessons now?
    Calling someone an “idiot” on the other hand is a direct personal attack worthy of ban.

I think you should reconsider, and I’d be willing to wager so does every other person on this thread reading this now.

Disappointed in you, not your finest hour by a long measure.

Boots, 350MH83, red passion and 5 others like this.
  9. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I will agree. A bit overblown reaction to a silly remark.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Boots, JagShergill, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    1) dcmetro was the one that said "open a dictionary",
    2) 4re4ever didn't call dcmetro an idiot, he said "so if I apply your logic. You must be a rude idiot is this correct?"
    3) despite each wanting tolerance for their own forays into snide comments, they were both taking offense at what the other said and reporting the other's posts for mod action.

Since they each took offense at "the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye", they can both take a break from the thread to cool off. Left alone, the two were going to escalate against each other and just annoy other users and the mods and eventually one or both would get site bans. A thread ban isn't much more than a slap on the wrist anyway.

11. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Italia, I gotta tell you that as a newbie to the board, I am astonished by the level of acrimony here. It is one reason why I have stopped checking the board regularly.

I don't follow anyone's posts closely, but I do know DCMetro has no problems with English, and I find his comment unnecessary and rude.

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    If you’re astonished (as a newbie for less than a year here then), by all means, stop checking, since you might be too sensitive for a public forum. Those of us who have been here for many years can understand the nuance of each other’s written humor. Being “rude” (if you can call it that, extremely mild) is not justification for a 30 day ban.
    Enough of the community being limited by the the most sensitive easily offended few.

13. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Time to move back to more productive discussion and celebration of the cars. Shouldn’t be that hard. Thanks.

Robb

14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Since when is “open a dictionary” a personal attack?
    And since you are capable of reading the future (“the two were going to escalate against each other and just annoy...”); two questions: 1) what should I invest in this week and 2) since when is it considered acceptable to punish for “crimes” you perceive as coming before they actually might? So, was this a preemptive thread ban?
    By the way...if you read dcmetro’s interest in discussing this car, which is to be revealed May 5th, your thread ban is not “a slap on the wrist.”

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I’m raising legitimate issues...why try to sweep this away?

16. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    There is an ignore button that’s easy to use for members that are bothered by others in a general discussion. There really is no reason for personal attacks, snide comments or drama in any of the car forums. The reason the mods are stepping in is that this thread was called to our attention multiple times by multiple parties. So it’s obvious many would rather skip the drama. I don’t need to sweep anything away. When people cross the line, they should not be surprised at the keeping of the peace by the mods. That’s why we try to break things up before people get out of hand. Thread bans occur when people cross the line. Site bans are the next step. Feel free to keep going. I’d just love to know more about the 812 Vs although I’m an F12 fan myself…

Robb

Doug23 and 4re4ever like this.
  17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Regarding dcmetro, who has been a regular, enthusiastic and helpful contributor to this thread, although his English is excellent, he unfortunately used the term sarcasm when in fact his original comment was really irony - more to do with humour. I personally feel certain it was a simple misunderstanding of intent between two gentlemen, that escalated a little. I wouldn’t presume to tell moderators how to do what they do but the next few days is, of course, a key moment in nearly 300 pages of important writing by other ladies and gentlemen (who have probably had other things they might have been doing instead). Irony again :)

Might a reduction to a 7 day ban for both gentlemen serve the interests of all parties well?

Irony:
    the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Boots, Wheels1, SECRET and 13 others like this.
  18. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Totally agree with you, @dcmetro even agrees with me (see post #7343) that at the end of the day we are all car lovers and there is no reason to fuel this, which in my opinion is a misunderstanding.

After so much time feeding this exciting discussion about this incredible 812VS, I think it's a shame to "punish" both for so little.

The best thing to do (in my opinion) is to apologize and move on together.

19. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You can't remember your own post? You claimed I was giving him an inappropriate English lesson. He was the one that said that "sarcasm" didn't include an intent of disrespect and to look it up in a dictionary. I posted the dictionary definition because it proves him wrong. Further, he wasn't willing to give the other user the same tolerance he claimed for himself and filed a report against the other user. When users are hypocritical, I often apply the standard they want me to apply against them as well as against the other user.

The thread ban was for what was posted, not what might have been posted. It was to pre-empt the necessity of a site ban for what might be posted. I've seen enough disputes (thousands) to know when users aren't backing off and that they're headed for site bans. Warnings and cooling off periods are standard in these situations. That's what a thread ban is, "go cool off" by staying away from this thread that has caused you to lose your composure.

I didn't in fact notice that the "big reveal" is coming shortly. In consideration of that, I will accept the suggestion that 7 days is good enough for the purposes of cooling off.

However, it is not appropriate to tell a new user asking for more courtesy and respect to shove it. Long time users think they know the rules. What they know more often is how to post or say things just short of what would get them banned. That isn't what the site wants as the standard, rather it's what the site tolerates in lieu of escalating moderation actions. But that tolerance is stretched when a user chastizes a poster making a reasonable request and makes them unwelcome. italiafan gets a 7-day thread ban also.

Doug23, Forza Scuderia and 4re4ever like this.
  20. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Man so much for off topic dialogues...on this site where we get berated for bringing up GPF on the 812 models because it is perceived as unrelated even though it isn’t and ppl live to drop the start a new thread comments......

21. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    The pressure of waiting and speculation has been too much for some....

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

gliazzurri, gzachary, JTSE30 and 3 others like this.
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Nuance is another word in the dictionary. It seems Ferrari changed their press material regarding their 'car with no name' but dcmetro didn't catch this detail. His humour comment was the other person had been frozen in time, missing all the intervening commentary. Too much thin skin all around.
    John Barnes had the right idea when he said "it is about the cars, not the people".

23. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Sadly the way of the world now.......