Ceramic Speed Shine? | FerrariChat

Ceramic Speed Shine?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by paulie_b, Apr 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Has anyone ever used Griot's Ceramic Speed Shine?

2. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes, and I don’t care for it as much as the regular speed shine. It *may* last longer but I don’t think it shines as well and I find it harder to apply - lots of buffing to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

technom3 likes this.
  3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've completely given up on the do-it-yourself ceramic sprays/waxes. Ive tried Griot's and Meguiars and followed the instructions on the bottle. Both caused a huge mess that i had to use a polisher to remove. Streaks on every panel, everywhere and it got on the glass which was a pain to remove.
    Never again am I touching this stuff...

4. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
  5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Try CarPro Reload Bob. I'm a fanatic and its really the best sealant I've used so far. Easy to apply and remove.

cls, Extreme1 and SVCalifornia like this.
  6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Agree Thomas. I use Reload on my cars and just used it on the 458 the other day.

7. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Give Ammo NYC's "Skin" a try, long lasting sealant that goes on easily and removes even easier. I even use it on my race car.

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    jm2 likes this.
  9. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Graz likes this.
  10. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Thanks Cole. Its Grigio Ferro (One of the Ferrari Historic Colors).

11. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    its bonkers...love it if / when you decide to sell it, please LMK enjoy!

12. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    I use various 'spray coatings' from all companies - reload, recharge, GC, G etc, polish angel, sonax, etc
    I have found that the key is less is more - I spray one panel and wipe off. Sometimes I use an applicator instead of spray. Then wipe with fresh towels, good towels 350gsm +, folding as needed. But less product is best I find. But you have to experiment and like playing with these products. Even with wax, I have learned the hard way that less - surprisingly less product is best. even better is two or three coats of less rather than one heavy or thick coat. Check out obsessed garage, he uses the jester moderna product very this and the colonite insulator wax over it - very thin. I do this as well and then top coat with a spray product. Easy on the hands and therapeutic for me, and the results are amazing . Truth is I have watched my detailer do similar things to my cars for years after proper prep( which is key) and the top coats almost don't matter. These cars live in garages and never truly get exposed - so pick a product that really pops the paint!!!
    my two cents
    vdm

Graz and jm2 like this.
  13. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I used the Griots ceramic spray. It has good reviews for lasting a long time but it leaves streaks on my Rosso corsa paint that you can see in certain light conditions. Not going to use it anymore.