FCA 2021 Experience in Portland | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA 2021 Experience in Portland

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Russell Babb, Jul 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    I know F3 does not include the gala dinner on Wednesday. Email the person in charge on the web page and mention you want to get dinner ticket separately. I did that in Scottsdale. The gala dinner alone was $250 and I thought it was overpriced. I ended up won the Copa Bella and wanted my wife to be there. It would be cheaper and buy a F2 package for her.

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    gotcha thx

3. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    As many of you may know, I took on the responsibility to organize the Hagerty 3-Day Drives July 15-17 after the AE. Both the Coast Drive and the Crater lake drive have about 20 of the available 30 slots signed. The High Desert still has 18 spots and it would be my choice if I wasn't leading one of the groups on Crater Lake. I believe the High Desert allows you to become one with your car. Its not like a track experience of repetitive turns on a small scale. I believe this is a once in a lifetime experience, with big curves and hills and straights at speed and Little or NO traffic. How long do you think the government will allow us to listen to our engines at full load at 8-9K for a sustained period of time? Hagerty Drive Oregon will be a unique experience and especially so on the High Desert Drive Option. Because this is high season the Hotels gave us until March 25 to book the rooms before they are released - FCA2021.org to register- You have to register for the Annual Experience to be allowed to register for Hagerty Drive Oregon, but you can do that cheaply as a non participant observer or enjoy some or all of the activities There will be a link on your receipt for the AE that will take you to Hagerty Drive Oregon. Here are some photos:

Attached Files:

docster likes this.
  4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thanks for the pics. this is the drive i am gunning for

5. J&NParr

J&NParr Rookie

Jun 30, 2004
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    John and Naoma Parr
    Hi, I am handling Mercato for the FCA 2121 AE so if you know of any vendors you would like to see at the event please let me know ASAP. Here is some information about the Mercato .
    Mercato di Ferrari

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Vendor Registration is now open. Click on the blue "Register Now" button below to lock in your space at the Mercato.

The FCA 2021 Annual Experience will feature a large Mercato di Ferrari with sponsor displays and vendors selling a variety of memorabilia, clothing, art, parts and collectibles to satisfy every enthusiast’s needs and wants!

For Interested Vendors:

As a vendor in our “Ferrari Marketplace” you will be able to promote and sell your goods and services to the hundreds of Ferrari Club of America members attending the Welcome Reception on Sunday, July 11, with further opportunities to interact with members on the afternoons (3-6pm) of Monday and Tuesday, July 12/13.

The Mercato will be staged in the spacious Mount St. Helens Ballroom in the Red Lion host hotel on all three days, so no need to move to a different venue each day.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Space is available on a first-come-first-served basis. This is an excellent opportunity to get plenty of exposure during the event. Only pre-registered vendors and sponsors will be permitted to sell at the event.

Note: While we expect most vendors will prefer to remain located at the hotel, there are limited opportunities for specialized vendors to move to the Concours and/or Track on appropriate days.

For further information about the Mercato, please contact the FCA2021 Mercato Chair, Naoma Parr at [email protected].

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #31 Nospinzone, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    I met this gentleman two years ago at The Boston Cup. He expressed an interest in the Scottsdale AE, but all slots were taken. He might be interested in this event.

Ihor Petrenko from Cover Car, covercarconcepts.com

Here's his email =

Ihor Petrenko <[email protected]>

7. Fiorano 550

Fiorano 550 Rookie

Dec 18, 2012
    To 3POINT8, Glad you are coming. You can just buy her an F3 pass. She is not included in your F1 pass.

8. J&NParr

J&NParr Rookie

Jun 30, 2004
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    John and Naoma Parr
    Excellent, thank you for the information. I will contact him right away.

9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    will do thx

10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great thanks!

11. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
  12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    bball16 likes this.
  13. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Is there someone on here from FCA leadership who could provide more of an explanation? Because using Covid as an excuse doesn't make sense, when even our Governor says she expects to drop all restrictions by late June.

wiley355 and bball16 like this.
  14. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Wow, Hope Car Week Isn't Next!

15. Fiorano 550

Fiorano 550 Rookie

Dec 18, 2012
    I am the Regional Chairman for the FCA 2021 Annual Experience that was supposed to take place in Portland July 11-14th. The most recent increase in COVID cases are presently 5 times what they need to be for Multnomah county to enter the lowest mitigation risk level.. For the county to get to that much lower case rate and be there long enough to lower the risk level, three levels, (not sure what time frame the Gov will use after the next three weeks) by June 1st we feel is highly unlikely. There are major expenses the FCA would need to incur during the first part of June to have any chance of pulling off an event such as the Annual Experience in mid July. Also some expenses and commitments start in May and in the present Extreme Risk level those are hard for some to justify. We felt the risk levels would not fall fast enough or get low enough in this short time span to pull off a great experience for our members and partners. Being able to execute a multi day, multi venue event takes years to plan and months of financial and time commitment to have a successful event.. We have been restricted due to the pandemic up to this point and did not feel the situation was favorable enough for a good outcome to continue. After three years of work and the flexibility shown by our partners it was not an easy or fun decision to make. Fortunately the Drive Oregon segment of the week long event will go on as planned. This event will be smaller groups traveling through out the state. So Covid related restrictions are much easier to navigate.

16. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Organising an event of this magnitude takes a very, very long time, years, not just a few months, and massive manpower and thousands of hours. I consider it the right decision to postpone the event. 2021 is just not the year for such big events, no matter what the media or government or virologists or any others might tell you or not. Thank you FCA officials for a wise decision.

Marcel Massini

Willdief, Caphill, summerwave and 5 others like this.
  17. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Well, what is done is done, so no sense complaining about it now.

I would be interested in understanding what risks you are going to be willing to take in the future. No event is 100% certain-- there are always risks. In 2023 there could be new health risks, or an earthquake, wind storm, who knows?

Under current rules, you could have run the event TODAY with only minor changes (moving more things outdoors, possibly moving the gala event to Vancouver), so it's highly unlikely that you could not have run it in July, especially since the July weather is much more conducive to outdoor events.

So what is the risk standard for events going forward?

18. Fiorano 550

Fiorano 550 Rookie

Dec 18, 2012
    Donv under the present Extreme Risk level there is NO indoor dining allowed and 100 Maximum allowed outside. To host a four day event with over 350 participants with these restrictions is not possible. There are many moving parts to an Annual Experience and for it to work well they all need to come together in a timely manner. It became painfully obvious to those putting this parts together that they were not coming together. We felt to cancel now was better than putting on a poor event or canceling in the middle or ended of June. As mentioned the Drive Oregon portion is going to happen as scheduled. There will be some openings as some of our out of state participants will probably cancel. So if you are an FCA member and want to Drive Oregon in July let me know.

ShadowLAP and TTR like this.
  19. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Most people don’t have a a clue what it takes to organize large scale multi day events with specialty displays, dinners, track, hotels etc. and that’s without ever changing Government Rules and what can and can’t be done. Glad I’m no longer doing it.

This is not organizing a Local Cars and Coffee where people show up for 2 hours and go home. Of course not before someone wants show off the performance of their car on cold tire, wrecks and forces the gathering to look for a new venue.

alex and Nospinzone like this.
  20. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Thank you for your hard work! Looking forward to 2023!

docster and Willdief like this.
  21. rsl2

rsl2 Rookie

Apr 22, 2006
    While the event was sold out and those folks voted with their reservations, FCA members I spoke to weren't about to drive their F car there with the people in black a few miles away. Entirely opposite beliefs about the U.S. and society that wouldn't co-exist.