Canadian GP Canceled for 2021... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Canadian GP Canceled for 2021...

Discussion in 'F1' started by spirot, Apr 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    :(

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    My guess is the Best Western Downtown Montreal has less than 3 room occupied per night for most of the pandemic, and that it is barely holding on to even remaining open.

So, which bank should lend them the money to refund your reservation from a stated "pre-paid non-refundable reservations" ? and at what interest rate ??

Sorry to be such a cynic, but last year was more "different" than normal in ways that have not been seen in more than a century.

3. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    The same bank that was lending every other Best Western in all of North America to cover refunds for reservations in that same period? Montreal wasn't unique in having cancellations, they were just unique in refusing to abide by the Corporate Policy to provide refunds and going for the greedy profiteering.

We were also supposed to be in Montreal in March 2020 for my wife to attend the World Figure Skating Championships - when that event was cancelled with 1 week notice, we got a refund from that Montreal hotel no questions asked.

4. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    No refund is a disgusting practice. I’d be fuming too, there’s no reason for it except avarice.

tifosi12 likes this.
  5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Cool, just got notification that Air Canada has refunded my flights from 2020, it had just been a credit before.

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sorry Izz, i guess it won't be this year you will win in front 0f home crowd...at least you won't embarass yourself either :)

Isobel likes this.