5 months and 12 days my 458 has waited for a decent day | FerrariChat

5 months and 12 days my 458 has waited for a decent day

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Spezia, Apr 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    Here in Estes Park late winter has hung on. April had snow more days than not and my 458 Spyder and Porsche Boxster Spyder have sitting in storage since last November.

I haven't been complaining too much because we need the moisture as we have been in a drought. Three different wildfires threatened the area last October and I had to evacuate my house. Fortunately nature gave us a major snow storm the very day the fire was predicted to move into town.

Tomorrow, April 30th is forecast to be a nice day and the roads have dried. So I'm celebrating with a drive down HWY 34 on a super curvy road that hugs the Big Thompson river. It's a beautiful drive. Insurance has been reactivated!

Decent weather here can hold up as long as early November or turn ugly much sooner.

Anyone else out there have as short of a driving season as I do?

rob5819 likes this.
  2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I'm guessing that is in Colorado. I live in San Diego and we have drought and wildfires, but never any snow., so almost the exact opposite of your weather. I drive my 458 Spider any day I leave the house.

Enjoy your drive!

Rob

axlesofevil and Spezia like this.
  3. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Greetings from Finland. Here at the north pole the car sits 6 months of a year. But the other 6 feel much more special because of it!

DefunctNeurons and jm2 like this.
  4. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    Colorado for sure. Would
    I've always wanted to visit Finland. I admire it's independent spirit. We had a foreign exchange student, Ina Pasikivi, attend my high school when I was about 16.
    I wonder what she is up to.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  5. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    San Diego here. And lucky for us the weather is good year round. I guess in the dead of winter sometimes we can't drive up Mt. Palomar due to snow, but there's always cruises along the beach! :D

6. Beemer

Beemer Karting

Apr 5, 2016
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Move to SW Florida. It’ll be in the 80s today under sunny skies. Off to Sarasota tomorrow for a Ferrari/Porsche combined show on St Armand Circle.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Cigarzman likes this.
  7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

See you there tomorrow.

8. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I heard Lamborghinis were not invited, and that’s no bull.......

You guys coulda come up to Ocala World Equestrian Center for the Festivals of Speed this weekend. This place just opened up and is ginormous.

9. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Then they’d just be horsing around!

SV

Mikael-F360 and wthensler like this.
  10. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    ...without the Bulls ;)

11. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Tough and honest people here. Most likely her name is spelled Iina Paasikivi or Ina Paasikivi. Most take husband's surname here upon marriage though. But she must have made an impact because you still remember!

12. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    Already have a home in St. Pete but no garage!

13. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    You are probably right on the spelling as it's a 50 year old something memory.
    Any particular time of year good to visit Finland?

14. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    If you like winter, the north and Lapland is great between december and april.

The summer is at it's best from may to august.

15. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Here in Michigan we put everything away in November and it does not come out until mid-April; I was about to say that our driving season is as short as yours, but I just got off the phone with a guy in Colorado that said he got 8 inches of snow last night! But I guess Saturday was OK, hope you were able to get out

16. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    Sounds good. Thanks.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  17. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    We had two back to back decent driving days on April 30th and May 1st. Snow again last night and today. At least I got to take both my 458 Spider and my
    Porsche Spyder out.

18. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Love the peak to peak run - especially between Nederland and Allenspark. Rain down here in Denver right now. Hope you get your thrills soon!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    That is a great road. Got to watch out for deer, elk, and rocks etcetera. Hwy 7 from Allenspark down to Lyons is fun too.
    Lots of great canyon driving west of Loveland off HWY 34 toward Masonville. Then head Buckhorn toward Rist Canyon road and HWY 27.
    The wild fires were active back in this area last fall but I think all the roads are open again.

20. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
  21. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    You guys in eastern Colorado live in the wrong part, hahaha. I live on the west side and i can pretty much drive my car all year round and not get it wet. Our “winter” usually starts mid Dec., in most cases that means cooler temps but little snow and then by mid Feb. you can see spring coming. This year we had two snows that were around 3” and lasted a day or two then melted. The months of March to June and mid September to the end of November are what I call “room temperature “ days and no humidity.

Spezia likes this.
  22. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I’m sure there are great places to drive out there. I have family in Delta and the weather is very nice. In my AMG I did Delta to Carbondale and over independence pass.

Getting up on the mesa was fun too.

No way I’m putting the miles on my 458 to go out there. I guess I will have to make do on the front range!

Enjoy!

23. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    Love the roads around Estes Park, just a short driving season generally no more than six months.

24. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Better get out there today! Another round of weather coming!