Cost to PPF and ceramic coat F8 | FerrariChat

Cost to PPF and ceramic coat F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by JJEply458, Apr 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJEply458

JJEply458 Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    What range of pricing are we talking about for PPF and ceramic coat on F8? Just curious.

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    How much of the car will you PPF? Front, doors, roof, whole car?

3. JJEply458

JJEply458 Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
  4. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I did my whole car PPF for about $6k. I have not done ceramic yet, but the quote was $1,200. This is for a 458.

5. JJEply458

JJEply458 Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    It’s interesting. I used to own a corvette C8 and before I sold it they quoted me $8k for the full car. Since then I’ve heard cheaper quotes.

6. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    6k seems about right. The rear panels/sides on a 488 are notoriously difficult, I imagine the F8 will be the same.

7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Depending on which PPF & which ceramic coating @ 6.5- 9K as well as the shop doing the work and your geographic location.
    Full car. Custom or pre-cut.
    Ceramic: different levels of protection from different mfg.
    I had full PPF & Opti-Coat Pro+ on my F8 Spider.
    "Speed costs money........how fast do you want to go?"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

9. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    Definitely have to specify wether its a precut or custom full wrap. Also the thickness of and brand of wrap. Many variables. Like most things in life its about the quality of the product - in this case its the install that counts...
    vdm

jm2 likes this.
  10. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, seams and unwrapped edges are your enemy.

jm2 likes this.
  11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Color correction, full car PPF and ceramic coating on my F8 spider was 7500 all in.

020147, ryalex and jm2 like this.
  12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    What he said.

Full PPF and ceramic 7500 with paint correction

Plus minus. Cannot cut corners. No pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryalex and Cigarzman like this.
  13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    No necessarily true. Every detailer can tell you stories of cutting the paint with the razor when doing custom wrap. At least one member here posted having to repaint the entire car from it. That would be your worst enemy I would think.

14. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John

Yeah this looks good....this is what I had to replace:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

020147 likes this.
  15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That's a really bad install for sure. The story from the poster about slits through the paint down to the aluminum on every panel was horrifying. Had a top rated well known wrap company tell me when he started out he cut into paint doing custom work. Part of the learning curve. Skip PPF unless you drive a lot.

16. rudyzrossocorsa

Aug 7, 2023
    Full Name:
    Rudy F8
  17. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    one comment though, have a heart surgeon next to you when you go to REMOVE the PPF.

SVanDyck and rudyzrossocorsa like this.
  18. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Nah, not true. Any quality PPF comes off without issue when done properly. Use a steamer (or boiling water) and pull ‘away’, not ‘back’. It’s a lot of work and you lose the skin on your fingertips but not a big deal. I’ve removed entire car PPF on multiple cars that had been on for 8-10 years without issue… and today’s PPF and glue are better than a decade ago too.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

FerrfanFL, jm2 and rudyzrossocorsa like this.
  19. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    God bless you then. I watched as a very experienced crew removed my PPF that was approx 6-7 years old and i had more bourbon than i can recall. I was waiting for the paint to pull up. My crew told em story of hood paint on a virtually new ferrari 812 coming right off while they were removing very new PPF, and the same on a brand new Ford Gt. I didn't want to hear these stories as they were doing my car. lol....I won't put it back on again.

technom3 and rudyzrossocorsa like this.
  20. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    yes, that can and does definitely happen-- mostly, only when there has been a repaint or the factory paint is less than a month or so old when PPF is applied.... of course, whenever I'm doing one, I am conscious of the possibility... they key is definitely proper technique, lots of steam and TAKE YOUR TIME.... people are naturally inclined to pull it off in the direction that you're going but you gotta pull in opposite direction and let it stretch up and off... hard to explain but if you are removing to the right, don't just pull back to the right... pull straight back left and it will pull up on it's own. This is less chance of pulling paint and leaves less glue too.

rudyzrossocorsa likes this.
  21. SVanDyck

SVanDyck Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joe Michaels
    The paint coming up does happen. I use the best installer / detailer in houston who has touched more Ferraris than anyone in Houston whose name has been repeatedly mentioned here. He warned me of the chance of it happening. He showed me another Ferrari that it happened to. I was unlucky. It pulled up paint on the hood of a 458. Ferrari of Houston repainted the hood to perfection and we redid the PPF. Car turned out perfect but yes, almost threw up that day.

technom3 likes this.
  22. rudyzrossocorsa

Aug 7, 2023
    Full Name:
    Rudy F8
    Not all films are the same. XPEL is one of the best if not the best. Obviously don't go cheap EVER. Especially on this. The 10 year warranty from XPEL says it all, coupled with a solid, referred, installer. Best wishes. Thanks to all!

23. SVanDyck

SVanDyck Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joe Michaels
    Expel is a real quality film, maybe the best. However, I just like the way Suntek looks over Expel. My installers do both and I ask for Suntek.