2007 599 GTB | FerrariChat

2007 599 GTB

Discussion in '612/599' started by 458V8, Apr 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458V8

458V8 Rookie

Apr 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rebecca
    Hi all, wondering about the current value on a 2007 599 GTB. F1. Classic Rossa Corsa with tan interior. 3500 miles. Full carbon upgrades, carbon seats, door sills, console, steering wheel, doors, dash full package. Carbon ceramic brakes, challenge wheels. Red calipers. Comes with all the accessories, cover with seat covers and steering wheel cover, original window sticker, Ferrari battery tender, the VIP birth book, tools, books and a binder of detailed service records from New. Recently had a paint correction to remove minor swirling and 5 year ceramic pro coating. Also has PPF. What is a good price to expect from selling it retail? $180-$170K? Thank you for your input.

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    170-180? USD?

3. 458V8

458V8 Rookie

Apr 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rebecca
    Yes. USD

4. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Back in July I looked at a Black/Black 3,500 mile car with less than what you are offering as far as records/tender/covers/etc..... Dealer was asking for and eventually got $159,900 (not from me).
    If it's as nice as it sounds I think it's a $160-170 car for the right type of collector given the current market...but then again I'm not an expert, just an owner. :) ANNNNND.....if it were me, I'd drive the hell out of it. These cars deserve to have 30-50K on them now....:)

As a data point, In July 2020, I bought an early 2007 599 with records, car cover, no stickies, maintenance up to date and no issues with 12,000 miles for $124K though the market has certainly shifted since then....

Hope this helps.

Jim

5. 458V8

458V8 Rookie

Apr 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rebecca
    Thank you Jim, that does help. And you reminded me that we had the stickies replaced too!

6. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Hello Rebecca,

With a car you're interested in is 14-15 years old and has that much less mileage at 3,500 miles, be aware of ultra-low mileage Ferraris suffering from leaking magnetorheological dampers (originally invented and manufactured by what used to be GM's Delphi Division for Cadillacs and Vettes) and oil seepage from valve covers!

Those, unfortunately, are very common complaints on majority of ultra low 599's (search this forum for multiple discussions on those subjects). The MR dampers are very expensive to remove and replace (~$7-8k), although apparently some EU owners have had successful repair and refurbishment performed on their cars' dampers.

Another item to check on the PPI is the % of clutch life left. The 599's (as well as the 575, 360 and 430 that feature F1-SuperFast transmissions) have a tendency for their clutches to wear prematurely whenever their manettini have always been set to the Comfort/Wet/Snowy (lowest) setting (Sport or Race setting while shifting manually is preferred) or whenever they're normally driven up a long incline or driveway in Reverse. Clutch replacement costs ~$7-8K as well. Again, check this forum for similar discussions.

So, to be forewarned is to be forearmed! Ensure that the above items are double checked and certified prior to purchase. Have fun and enjoy it in good health.

Butch

7. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.

Another data point...in October 2020 I bought a 2008 599 with records, services up to date, no issues, no bodywork, 9500 miles, challenge wheels, and in a cool color combo of Grigio Ferro/Iroko for $121,500. It is basically like new except needs some dash work like so many of them do. Anyway I feel like I bought it under market and it should've been $130k or so.

Skidkid likes this.
  8. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Marc is much closer to the price. I would be SHOCKED if you got anywhere near 150 for a 2007, regardless of the miles. I bet the car is closer to 125, maybe 130 for a sale. I have an 2008 with 30K miles similar to yours but with full HGTE, GTO grill, new tires, new dash, etc. I think the car is a 135K car. I know of a 2007 silverstone/cuoio with 8K miles that can be had at 125.

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. gstudent

gstudent Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    Westlake Village
    Full Name:
    Gene
    What can I expect to get for my 2010 HGTE car with 4800 miles? Nero/Nero equipped very well.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    My bet would be 150-170; likely 160-165. Note: I am guess sales price. Nero isn't the most popular color but it definitely has its fans. The mileage is very low so that helps.

11. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

The price proposed by the OP doesn’t seem unrealistic to me. We are talking about the current market are we not? Right now used car prices are through the roof. My Cali was 130k back in Jan 2020 with 7k miles, right now they're 155-165 with similar miles. The 599 is yet to be discovered as a true classic. The last of the analogue +600 bhp contemporary Ferrari’s. I’m hanging onto mine, since I love it, don’t like the techno focused later variants, and believe it will hold its value and increase over time. My 2 cents.

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Analog is quite a stretch.

13. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Yes, prices are crazy high but I wonder if potential buyers will just wait until they lower... Of course if a buyer wants a car now, then they'll go for it.

Sent from my LG-H820 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    I hope they come down in about two years so I can join the club! Then skyrocket shortly after :)

Haymarket likes this.