Cavallino Classic - 2021 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Cavallino Classic - 2021

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, May 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Wow..I recall all the "discussion" regarding W.S.'s TdF when listed for sale...proportions etc etc.....all TRUE...just look at the pics/story laid out by MM. No slight to W.S. as he was terrific for repairs, but this car now on another level. I spent considerable time Saturday admiring . S.B's. 212 simply stunning...and he is a class act too.

Track Day was light, 13 cars entered; 2 classes. GT & Challenge. S.B. (in his Alloy 250 Boano) & me in my '71 365gtb/4 #14029 had track virtually to ourselves.

Luigi did lay out some exciting themes during both Saturday & Sunday awards. January & Cavallino going forward...snag is the 24 hours of Daytona; trying to reposition Cavallino week before (as historically) in hopes of re-stablishing Track Day / Factory interest /involvement. Italian "Motor Valley" will also be of focus.

Agree was success as really was terrific simply getting back "out there" !
    Best to All
    JN

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    2-4 July 2021 "Cavallino Modena", new Concours in Modena, Italy, for approx. 25 high end classic Ferraris only, organised by Canossa events.
    Then in December 2021 "Cavallino Dubai", new Concours there as well, also by Canossa events.

Marcel Massini

Cearabc, of2worlds, ivo73 and 3 others like this.
  3. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    ...likewise Steve!!!!...thoroughly enjoyed judging with you for your knowledge is limitless!...let’s stay in touch!...when I get out to Texas in the fall I’d like to visit you...I never got your info so shoot me a pm or email me a pic of your card

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  4. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Agree. Security oftentimes has a distorted image of self importance. The requirement to wear masks while OUTDOORS was ridiculous. I didn't listen to their idiotic request but all the same it was just plain silly. I suppose the Breakers management was in fear of litigation if someone developed a runny nose after the event. The concours this year had far fewer cars but the examples presented were beautiful.

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Marcel?
    Thnx for the valet parking tip. Was only $40.

I would imagine Tricia would be interested in hearing about your 'security' concerns...

The Breakers Palm Beach Promotes Tricia Taylor to Executive Vice President & General Manager
    The Breakers Palm Beach | February 18, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    PALM BEACH, FL – The Breakers Palm Beach has promoted Tricia Taylor to hold a pivotal leadership role, as announced by Paul N. Leone, CEO of the independent, luxury hotel enterprise and Flagler System, Inc.

Tricia Taylor, senior vice president & general manager, and a 23-year veteran of The Breakers, has been promoted to Executive Vice President & General Manager. Taylor’s wide-ranging responsibilities for this complex, multi-faceted resort, consist of leading 1,800 associates throughout the property’s four operating divisions))

https://www.hotel-online.com/press_releases/release/the-breakers-palm-beach-promotes-tricia-taylor-to-executive-vice-president/#:~:text=Tricia%20Taylor%2C%20senior%20vice%20president,Executive%20Vice%20President%20%26%20General%20Manager.

of2worlds and Texas Forever like this.
  6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    They also had a self parking option. I never had more than a 150 yard walk to the front door and didn't cost me a dime. Could also access car easily if I wanted to put or retrieve things in the car.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Drop dead gorgeous indeed.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds, amenasce and EnzoItaly like this.
  9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It looks different than when it belonged to pilkington no? I feel the wheels are not as pushed outward as they did.

Smaller tires? Wheels? Image Unavailable, Please Login

jm2, 375+, AtSomePoint and 2 others like this.
  10. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I fell in love with this one....

Attached Files:

amenasce, of2worlds and SAFE4NOW like this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    USA - classic blue on white, beautiful!

12. Bruce Foster

Bruce Foster Rookie

Oct 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bruce

13. Bruce Foster

Bruce Foster Rookie

Oct 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I participated in the Cavallino 30 track day. It was well managed and very safe, I doubt there were even 10 cars participating which must be very disappointing to Cavallino. The fee was very reasonable considering the cost to run the track. If we do not support this event, they could well delete it. How else do you get an idea of what your car is capable of doing? Bruce Foster

14. Deutscher

Deutscher Rookie

Jun 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

Of interest to those who like originality, the seats and interior in the GTC # 8935 are original except for the Wilton II carpets that were refreshed in 1987.

Texas Forever likes this.
  15. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    My name is John Barnes. And I have nothing to do with Cavallino Classic..... But I wish I did!!!!

of2worlds likes this.
  16. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    See "Cavallino" magazine issue #75 of June 1993.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Sam White

Sam White Rookie

Jun 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Samuel White
    This year was my first Cavallino Classic and it certainly didn’t disappoint. I’ve been reading about the event on Ferrari Chat for over a year and I’m so glad to have finally made it there. The highlight for me was certainly 0704TR. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4re308, Wi11am, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  18. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Admission cost?

Went w 2 buddies, paid the $200 for Saturday.
    When one commented, I replied that it was probably a 'Ferrari Tax'...

His thinking is that the cost of admission is an '****** tax'...which seems much more feasible to me...if I've got a valuable Ferrari on the lawn I want it surrounded by people that will respect it, rather than try to swipe the cigarette lighter or shift knob.

Thoughts?

19. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Taxes are paid at the point of a gun. No one forces anyone to pay $200 for a ticket. If it was not worth $200 no one would pay. The market is always correct.

20. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    No argument there.
    I'm simply considering the presence of other factors re: pricing, or other 'benefits' of same as outlined above.

FWIW, I'll return next year.

21. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It’s rather simple for me. There has no other show in the world that gathers the very best of the best Ferrari’s in each respective class. It’s exceptional.

22. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Most do. It is a great event. It isn't cheap to create and has for 30 years maintained that quality. When many other events are not or have not even been held there were some great cars in attendance.

Ira Schwartz and of2worlds like this.
  23. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    There were 100 Ferraris on the lawn for which you paid $ 200 to see, which is 2 $ per car. That's a pretty good deal I'd say.

Marcel Massini

EnzoItaly, 4re308, SAFE4NOW and 6 others like this.
  24. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    You guys are missing my point...

((Went w 2 buddies, paid the $200 for Saturday.
    When one commented, I replied that it was probably a 'Ferrari Tax'...

His thinking is that the cost of admission is an '**hole tax'...which seems much more feasible to me...if I've got a valuable Ferrari on the lawn I want it surrounded by people that will respect it, rather than try to swipe the cigarette lighter or shift knob.