1977 400GT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1977 400GT

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Maeter1, Apr 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    I would presume that the above red/green lights were probably meant to monitor either pollution or the exhaust temperature?

I only saw once a Swiss modified 400i gen1 (not carb): there were quite a few modifications on the exhaust side. Aside from the catalytic stuff, the most visible modification was an additional element that was re-uniting the right and the left banks under the trunk. The plumbing was quite complex to tell the truth. As far as carbs car are concerned I think they also added distributors with "retarded timing" (activated by a switch), which we did not have in France. The stock 400 engine is pretty hot, with retarded ignition the complex Swiss exhausts could reach glowing hot temperature without notice ?

2. Maeter1

Maeter1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2021
    New Hope, PA
    Full Name:
    Pascal A J Maeter
    Radio was changed to correct version by previous owner, all the pictures I have posted are form a few years ago. Yes, two joysticks, top one for driver side mirror, bottom one for passenger side. Found tray on eBay, being shipped from the Netherlands today.

3. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Stock system is already quite sophisticated: the system is redundant with two parallel circuits feeding the brake calipers. So you've got two sensors for the break fluid level, plus a differential pressure sensor that triggers whenever the pressure from one circuit gets lower than the other one. If any of these three sensors do capture an error, this triggers a red light in the dashboard.

You will have to get used to the fact that on this car, you've got twice of everything: twice more harnesses (one for left side of the electrical system, one for right side), twice more breaking plumbing, (eventually) twice more air-conditioning, (eventually) twice more alternators, twice more filters, twice more gas tanks, twice more pumps ... twice more carbs&cylinders.

4. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Red is oil slick, green is smoke screen. Toggle is for projectile guidance!

markcF355 likes this.
  5. tiich

tiich Rookie

Oct 17, 2022
    Ticino Switzerland
    hey pascal / all, car looks mega. very similar to a '78 number 25537 I have just acquired.

can I ask how to contact these two people who were able to give you information from the archive records?

thanks.