North Florida? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

North Florida?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Davidspop, Jan 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    10 months? How is anything in the shop that long?

2. deebo

deebo Rookie

Nov 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Quick update: got the car back and they fixed the CEL and an F1 pump issue. However, been driving it and immediately noticed it now shifts to N around 3 or 4 gear and also goes N on downshifting. All of this happens after car gets up to temp. Looks like another trip back to the shop at some point but is drivable.

I’m still down for a drive though and would love to meet you guys.

Ken - saw you recommended control freaks detailing. I used them and they are fantastic so thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

wthensler likes this.
  3. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Dang, that's frustrating. My f1355 has been converted to manual. I've literally had zero issues in six years ownership.

Brent and Jesse Control freaks are awesome, happy to hear that.

Davidspop likes this.
  4. deebo

deebo Rookie

Nov 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Josh
  5. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    That has to be frustrating. Who are you using to work on your Fcar? I do most of my own work, but I know there is going to be a time that something comes up that I cannot do.... so I am looking for who is in our area.

6. deebo

deebo Rookie

Nov 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Fortunately all of this is being done by a shop in south FL who PPI’d the car for me before I bought it. Labor is at negotiated rate.

I’d like to start doing some stuff myself as well though like you.

As far as a mechanic locally, I’ve explored two places thus far: Omega Motorsports and a guy named Mike Ferran (Ferran Automotive).

Mike has owned a Modena before and said he currently has a Stradale and a Scud. I’m considering him for the next one as he’s easy to talk to and seems reasonable. I took my car to him recently just stopping by and he hooked up a diagnostic and also gave me some tips on the car. Not sure if he has a Leonardo/SD11 though.

7. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
  8. deebo

deebo Rookie

Nov 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Cool thanks Ken! I’d love to start doing some stuff and learning about the car so I’d take you up on that. Jesse/Brent mentioned you and said you had a YouTube.

9. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    #34 Davidspop, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    I know Mike Ferran well, he rebuilt the transmission for my 1968 Ford XL a couple years ago (before I bought my 456GT). I am open to sharing my garage too... It's a 4 car attached garage, but I have a lift, shop plumbed compressor and most all the tools needed (save for some specialized Ferrari tools I have not yet acquired)... but I love working on cars and especially with friends!

Kenny... would love to come check out your shop too sometime! Your lift looks a bit easier to use as mine is set up "tighter" to fit my other cars in my garage!

kenneyd likes this.
  10. deebo

deebo Rookie

Nov 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Hey guys quick update on mine:
    Took my first drive from Jax to Boca and was able to get it up to 145mph down 95. Fantastic experience BTW.

I mentioned it shifts to N around gear 4 and other stuff so I went for a drive with the mechanic and he diagnosed the issue as needing an actuator rebuild. This means I have to leave it there for at least 2 weeks. Once it’s back I’d like to get together with you all

11. DrivnXcitment

DrivnXcitment Karting

Apr 29, 2006
    St. Augustine, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I’m off CR-210 just west of 95, I’d love to meet up for drives, cruise in’s, show n shine’s, lunch, etc. I love all cars of almost every variety and am a big gear head as well. 05 F430 spider here.
    mid anyone wants to shoot me an email or a pm here to meet up feel free.
    [email protected]

12. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Beautiful... that looks like the parking lot at Taps on 210?? I am on SR13 about a mile north of Greenbriar (the western extension of 210)... we should connect some afternoon with a few of us at TAPS?

13. DrivnXcitment

DrivnXcitment Karting

Apr 29, 2006
    St. Augustine, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    actually that’s out front of the Kohl’s, Five Guys strip mall on old st Augustine, but Taps is 5 minutes from the house! A meet up would be great there, love their beer, their food has always been so so. Lol

14. Douglas Apelian

Aug 27, 2018
    Green Cove Springs, Florida
    Full Name:
    Douglas Apelian
    Hey guys Doug here. I live in Green Cove Springs on the St Johns River. I lived in Ponte Vedra for 25 years. Got a divorce after 29 years of marriage, moved to Green Cove Springs, found a great girlfriend, got a Ferrari and am happy. I just got a 2005 360 spider after totaling my 355 (long story) and would really enjoy getting out on some drives with some other enthusiasts. Let me know if you guys are getting together. Thanks Doug.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    You are across the river from me... I am on SR13 about 8 miles north of Shands Bridge..... we should get a group together to drive sometime! Have you joined the Ferrari Club? I have been thinking about it, but have not pulled the trigger yet.

16. CaptOharry

CaptOharry Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    I live pretty close to you Doug,I'm in lake Asbury, I have a 360 modena silver in color.

17. Douglas Apelian

Aug 27, 2018
    Green Cove Springs, Florida
    Full Name:
    Douglas Apelian
    I haven’t joined the Ferrari club yet either. Lets get together for sure. I’m retired so my schedule is pretty open. Let me know when when you get some time.

18. eurocarguy101

eurocarguy101 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2015
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jefferson Wheeler
    I’m near San Marco in Jax. There is a Caffeine and Octane next weekend 2/12 at the Avenues that I intend on bringing my new-to-me 308 to again. Deremer, the Amelia Concours photographer, took this pick of mine at the last C&O.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

19. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Nice! I'm wanting to go to Caffeine & Octane...been planning to go for a long time but just don't seem to make it...and waffle between which car to take...we should get a group to meet up there next weekend!

20. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Hey guys shoot me a message with your contact I’m getting with Eileen Bildman the local FCA President to get some events organized!
    I moved from LA where both clubs are very active , hoping to get the momentum happening here in North Florida!

Don 904 891 6541

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

eurocarguy101 likes this.