812VS - F8 VS next? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

812VS - F8 VS next?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by pninja005, Apr 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    It will probably make many SF90 owners regret their purchase. A hybrid with performance somewhere between a Pista and an SF90 with a proper boot, SF90 interior and much lower price point. Only missing the front motor. And possibly even better looking. What’s not to like?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    We will have time to talk about it, but in my opinion, the F 171 sinks the Ferrari we loved underwater a little more.
    It's a digital car, lacking in engine nobility, with a hot tube behind the seats to generate artificial sound and ... extra weight ... let's put it like that ...
    But that's how it is...
    And I'm the first sorry...

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Its a V6 not a V8 and the next step will be fully electric.

Art138 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Like I said, this will mark the end of Ferrari as we know it. From a brand that has a soul and a reason to exist, to a manufacturing mill creating multiple similar machines with a Logo that means nothing.

MANDALAY, JTSE30 and day355 like this.
  5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

It was written on the day of the IPO ...
    LCDM knew this and had always opposed it.
    He kept that pride in himself with the confidence Enzo had given him when he was very young and has always stuck to his design.
    When I saw the first stone laid for the huge new building exclusively reserved for hybridization and electrification, I understood that the beautiful story was going to end ...

GT2goneF, Caeruleus11 and MANDALAY like this.
  6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I do not think there is just now a breakthrough in Ferrari's history, under the enlightened command of LdM the annual production numbers grew from less than 3,000 to around 7,000 and Ferrari started making as much money from selling polo shirts and caps than from selling cars.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I just ordered that plus the full Kline inconel exhaust with 200 cells cats, warranty be damned!

GT2goneF and Cigarzman like this.
  8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

You baller ! I’m just going to wait on a remote valve opener as I’m really not wanting to go the full exhaust change. If you hear of anything that works please let me know. Thanks man.

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Portofino M just announced.

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

? M was announced and shown months ago ?

11. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I've been wondering how things will work out. With the F171 coming out, will the Portofino M be the last V8 non hybrid engine? I would imagine any future Roma/Portofino will be based on the F171 engine.

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Yep the Portofino M and Roma will be the last cars off the production line featuring V8TT But the engines are different to the 458/488/F8 insofar that they have wet sumps :( Easier to do your own oil changes but not as powerful and IMO against what a Ferrari engine is all about dry sump.

GT2goneF and rob5819 like this.
  13. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Capristo makes a remote valve controller. I'm getting mine installed on Monday. I'm curious to see how it sounds with the Kline inconel and 200 cell cats already on the car.

Cigarzman likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You will be fine.

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL... A few months ago!

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Go valveless. The car will not be loud that you will need to close valves, unless you go straight pipe.

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It's not about protecting our feelings - it is cold hard business. It is about not having clients turning their backs, and it's about not devaluation of cars to a point where the price of used cars start to affect sales of new cars. Also, if used prices drop, that also affect dealers negatively. If Ferrari hurt their own used and new market, that will ultimately just hurt themselves - just like it did with Porsche and Mclaren. Now that the Sabre is out, how long before the Senna is 15-20% below msrp? They are already at msrp despite the used exotic market doing well. In the beginning of 2020 a Senna could fetch over 1.5 mill usd. They have litterally tanked since.

That is what Ferrari is trying to avoid by not over-saturating the market with VS models.

You are completely right in your comparisons of the range of cars. We cannot use the Cali and Lusso etc. as basis of comparisons. Those looking for the Ferrari GT cars are not looking for a Mclaren 570GT. As it is now, comparisons go between the Ferrari mid engined cars and Mclarens range of mid engined cars.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Maybe they can just turn it up to 900 hp and say it's 765:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

Ferrari philosophy is more like "claim 780 give 779.9" (with premium fuel)

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    A real purist uses flint and steel and cooks on an open flame of self cut wood. Anything less is just pretend purism.

;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

There have been many people who used just the Capristo remote for the valves and it eventually threw out codes. I have no idea how it will work with your Kline system. Keep us posted. Best , Kirk.

GT2goneF likes this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Absolutely. Nailed it there, with everything. Very good points.

Ferrari has been the master in controlling their resale value. However, this will stop with the EV BS.