Sales Tax On New Car | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sales Tax On New Car

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, May 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonJohnson

DonJohnson Rookie

Oct 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    #51 DonJohnson, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021

Big tough guy behind a keyboard. I bet you are popular at parties.

As far as GTFO, you got it. Currently building a lakeside home in No Idaho right now. Sold my business, selling my OC house and taking all that as well my investments to a low tax state so I can stare at nature and not a bunch of leaches ruining a once great state. Glad Cali wont get a penny of mine to better your life.

2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    actually no joke. pretty popular in parties. With alcohol I laugh at every stupid jokes and then just pass out. Guys and girls love me at the party. Big guy behind keyboard? nah, bigger guy in life.

In terms of leaving California, the border is right there, no need to announce your departure. And I sincerely hope now you are not about to flaunt your wealth, because I guarantee you don't want to do that in ferrarichat.

Have fun in Idaho. One less leech in California. Good riddance.

3. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    taxed based on where the car is registered

4. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    The main reason most high earners object to paying high taxes is that the lions share of the $$$$ subsidizes social program cheats,packed pensions, where teachers retire on twice their working salaries, similar to phony municipal workers collecting disability benefits for ever while capable of working in some capacity and the massive massive medicaid and unemployment cheats.

5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Besides the obvious here , god forbid you have an accident that may be your fault I think your dad will have some exposure to liability too. So there is more to risk as well as avoiding your taxes. Also , you do realize this is a public forum and you may not want to air any dirty laundry so to speak. Best , Kirk.

IloveGT likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #56 IloveGT, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    I hope he is not that dumb to use real name as alias and post such stupid thing online.

Cigarzman likes this.
  7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Well ... he is a tough guy behind a keyboard.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

MANDALAY and IloveGT like this.
  8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Everything said are valid. No one likes to pay taxes, but what can we do? we are bounded by laws and ethics.

9. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    You mean I'm not allowed to pick and choose which laws I follow depending on how effective I think they/the government are/is?

IloveGT likes this.
  10. cgwissing

cgwissing Rookie

Apr 11, 2021
    Lotta harsh words over sales tax here! :)
    I look at the Montana LLC thing just like a small business owner trying to maximize write-offs for their business to avoid paying more in income tax. Is the spirit of the tax code met by doing this - probably not but they are using creativity in their favor.
    Also in speaking with an insurance agent about the Montana loophole they stated insurance couldn't be denied because of that. Now if the state wants to go after you for back taxes - thats a whole other story i suppose.

I am curious however why you couldn't put it in a Montana LLC for a few months and then sell it to yourself personally at 10k or something to avoid 99% of the tax. There is probably someone here that understands the tax law around that better than me.

11. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    All good points. Certain insurance companies like Allstate, USAA, and State Farm won’t insure a Montana LLC car, but Hagerty, Farmers, and others will. The car is insured by you personally and the LLC is simply listed as an interested party on the policy. Zero issues and full transparency.

About registering in Montana then selling to yourself, in some states that may work but in Virginia they take you car as personal property like a house and they use the NADA guide to value what you taxes are, regardless of the sale price. It is ridiculous and why I left Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Same in Washington.

You can't say that you sold a car to a friend for $100 to help them out as the DOL will go by their price.
    You might be able to say that it is torn apart in pieces and needs work though.
    Might work on a 20+ year old car but not something newer.....

GG

13. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Cheating on ones taxes and using legalities to skirt taxes are totally different things....

I pay a ton in taxes also....now they want more....and seeing what they are spending money on makes it a tough pill to swallow....