F8 - Finally!!!! Kline came out quietly with their F8 Exhaust | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F8 Finally!!!! Kline came out quietly with their F8 Exhaust

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GT2goneF, Jan 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    When I bought my Novitec, Kline had not come out even with the news , not even rumors that they were working on an exhaust for the F8. Everyone knew they would come out with one but nobody knew when. They were really late in the game. Ironically, they were my first choice. They have a very good reputation and their products are not only competitive but better than most. Their product cost/ quality and the quality of sound may edge Novitec by a smidge. I like the sound a tiny bit more than the Novitec. The problem was they came out with their F8 exhaust 23 days later, (when I started this thread). If they had given me an idea that they were at least working with one and an approximate date or release, I would have waited. However, I would have encountered another problem, as they had released the exhaust but not the ECU module to eliminate the CEL and avoid the car from going into limp mode. That was kind of stupid. I think they knew they were late in the game and needed to release the exhaust to capture their clients before losing them to Novitec (me being an example). Because of that, going with Novitec gave me a sigh of relief, as they had released everything needed at the same time. Overall, I am happy with Novitec, as it was my next choice, not quite second. I would say the 1.2 - 1.3, next in line. For me, those are the only two I would consider.

With this said, I can't wait to see how Kline sounds on F8. So @Dicecal , you and I may have to get together, as I believe you are the closer one to me that I know who's going with Kline.

Word of advice. Don't worry about getting the valved exhaust. I don't think you will need it, unless you straight pipe it. Save the money and out it towards something else.

Divexxtreme likes this.
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I tried to edit and I can't. I will try again now.

3. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Didn’t know you got it. Yes. Videos. How has the pitch changed? 488 versions I’ve heard were quite a bit higher in pitch.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Bought it on Dec 31st. Got a special price deal along with wheels, MPS4S, Novitec springs and Techtronic.

Loud cold start, Tries for the F1 pitch. Not bad for Forced induction with stock catalytics. I like it a lot more than stock. Cold start makes you smile and accelerating also makes me happy

MANDALAY likes this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    @buddyg , I think I figured it out. Here it is. Excuse the poor quality. I promise, in person sounds much better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Sounds good! Thanks for posting.

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    So to recap, this is Novitec Valveless with standard cat, and no CEL messages/problems? Am I right in thinking the F8 has valves that open electronically now and can’t be pinned, as per earlier models?

8. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Here’s the reply from Kline:

“Our Inconel button is not compatible with the Ferrari F8 and Ferrari 488 Pista, but the valves will work as OEM.”

Dicecal likes this.
  9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks, that’s what I thought!

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yes on the first.

Not sure on whether the vales are controlled electronically. However, there have been posts that you can't pin the vales open, the CEL lights up and some have also reported limp mode.

JJ77 likes this.
  11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Thanks sounds great! Next assignment get some drive by videos! :)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Sounds pretty good, are you driving that thing yet?

Gonna give the Kline system a try, ordered today: Full inconel exhaust with 200 cell cats, Kline OBD CEL plugin and Novitec Switchtronic....

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U have cats or just the exhaust?
    Honestly it sounds ok but the difference maker in sound are the cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If its not too late, cancel the Kline OBD plug-in. I just got it and it doesn't just clear exhaust related CEL codes, but ALL codes. I'm ordering the Capristo version as that coded, supposed to only clear exhaust CEL codes.

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL, no. Not yet. Car is in pieces, getting paint job done on cheap black trims.

With Kline you will be happy. I think you will have it a little louder than mine,if you go with the sport cats but I don't expect it to be that much more. I presume you are going with valved exhaust? Please believe me you do not need the valved one. It will be just as loud, maybe a little louder with cold start but then it will be OK.

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Just exhaust. Waiting to drive it and cure it before committing to sport cats. If it becomes a little louder as it is unanimously said, I may not need to do much more to it.

17. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well that’s pretty
    Thanks for the heads up, thats pretty disappointing if Kline cheaped out and made a simple plugin that clears any codes that show up. I’ll inquire about the Capristo.

18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Kline only makes one version, essentially it’s an X pipe with the valves open, and when closed it has a small resonator section that is supposed to remove any resonance during cruise and low rpm situations.

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  20. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

You're going to like the way it sounds. It takes a few miles for it to properly sing, so don't get disappointed with the sound right after install.

GT2goneF and Dicecal like this.
  21. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yeah I think it’s the best option out there right now. BTW, how did you figure out the Kline OBD CEL plugin erases all error codes?

22. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

It's written in the instructions that came with the device. It says they recommend buying an OBD scanner and to scan it periodically. Lol. I found it a bit comical.

23. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    No kidding, thats so weak... Capristo then eh? Novitec way too pricey without an exhaust purchase. Not listed on the Capristo website yet..

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

Yup. I'm ordering the Capristo this week. I have the Kline plugged in for now just to clear the cel triggered by the cats.

Dicecal likes this.
  25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Same with any exhaust, as far as I understand.