Wanted - Trade Taycan 4S for 458 | FerrariChat

Wanted Trade Taycan 4S for 458

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by NoMonkey, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NoMonkey

NoMonkey Rookie

Nov 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm looking to trade my new Taycan 4S (120 miles) for a 458. Interested in any color combination and either a coupe or spider. I also have a 2016 M3 (23k miles) to trade as well. Both of these cars are currently for sale but I figured, as a long shot, someone may be interested in a trade.

Please PM for details and pictures if interested.

Nonoyeahyeah likes this.
  2. ac360

ac360 Rookie

Jun 12, 2017
    Where can I find the ad for sale for the M3

3. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    I was thinking of getting a Taycan so I'm very curious why you are trading it.

4. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    I just cancelled my order on a Taycan Turbo and am getting a 991.1 Turbo S.

The Turbo S is a much cheaper way of doing almost the exact same thing, a quiet, very capable GT car....without the $30K/yr depreciation.

mathewr, Alexcle and andyrichter like this.
  5. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I was at my local Porsche dealership last week and the sales manager told me they can’t keep the Taycan in stock. They sell them as fast as they come in.

6. drcollie

drcollie Karting

Dec 15, 2013
  7. NoMonkey

NoMonkey Rookie

Nov 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't have an ad up yet, though if you're interested I can get you some pictures, etc. Shoot me a PM. Otherwise, I'll be posting some pictures on here soon. Speaking of which, is there a way for me to edit my original post to included said pictures?

Don't get me wrong; This car is amazing! It's fast as hell, handles great, and has all of the creature comforts. I just want to go a different direction. I don't get to drive all that often so I'm looking for something a little more raw/flashy for the times I do.

I'm personally not worried about the depreciation. I just want something a little different.

That doesn't surprise me. I had to wait nearly a year to get mine!

VAF84 likes this.
  8. NoMonkey

NoMonkey Rookie

Nov 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Here are the details for the 2020 Porsche Taycan 4S:

Pictures (will add more soon): https://photos.app.goo.gl/sKytM6QkryLLvzu59

It has 122 miles on it as it sits and has not been launched or anything of that nature. I haven't even charged it yet.

It includes all charging accessories including the housing to mount in your garage (which has never been installed).

The build code is PLHS1KQ5 if you want to plug it into the configurator though I'll copy and paste that here as well:

MSRP: $157,130

Exterior Color
    Carmine Red

Interior Color
    Leather Interior in Black

Packages
    Premium Package
    LED-Matrix Design Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
    Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass
    Lane Change Assist (LCA)
    Surround View
    Ionizer
    Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
    Massage Seat Function (Front) incl. Ventilated Seats (Front)
    Storage Package
    Burmester 3D High-End Surround Sound System

Exterior
    Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
    Exterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
    Window Trim in High Gloss Black
    Under Door Puddle Light Projectors Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
    "Taycan 4S" Logo on Rear in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Performance
    Single-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle
    Porsche Electric Sport Sound
    Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh)
    Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB) with Calipers in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Wheels
    21" Mission E Design Wheels

Wheel Accessories
    Wheels Painted in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
    All-Season Tires for 21" Wheels

Lights and Vision
    Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass

Comfort and Assistance Systems
    Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Interior
    Advanced 4-Zone Climate Control
    Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
    Heated Steering Wheel i.c.w. Leather Interior
    Interior Accents in Dark Silver

Interior Aluminum
    Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum, Illuminated Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Audio and Communication
    Passenger Display

E-Mobility
    Included 3 Years of 30 Minute DC Charging Sessions at Electrify America Stations
    Power Charge Port Cover
    On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger
    Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
    Mobile Charger Connect
    25 ft Charging Cable
    Porsche Charging Dock for the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect

Sent from my Pixel 5 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. NoMonkey

NoMonkey Rookie

Nov 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Here are the 2016 BMW M3 Details:

VIN: WBS8M9C55G5D3125
    Mileage: 22,582
    Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/E4AbRWtkAYi1g6Tf6

The car is in overall great shape and is loaded with options including heads up display, heated seats, sun/moon roof, surround view camera, etc.

It has carbon fiber trim throughout and carbon fiber mirror covers. Everything is factory, not aftermarket.

It has a small blemish on the bottom of the front bumper where the previous owner bumped a curb. I purchased a set of used, oem, carbon fiber splitters to repair this but never installed them.

There is a rock chip in the windshield which was filled the same day.

The rear tires could use replacing.

It has a brand new, oem, lithium ion battery which costs about $2,000. I had to replace this due to the car sitting for so long and the old one going bad. It was an expensive lesson learned and is now on a battery tender.

Includes a fitted, weatherproof car cover.

Front license plate is installed using the tow hook and is reversible.

I'm looking to get $45k as it sits or $50k if I have the windshield and rear tires replaced as well as install the carbon fiber front splitters.

10. NoMonkey

NoMonkey Rookie

Nov 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    It's also worth noting that I own both cars and have titles in hand. No leans, leases, etc.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    You might be better off just outright selling the taycan, demand seems to be pretty strong right now. Should get top dollar at 120 miles. Car trades are always skewed because you need to essentially agree on 3 valuations with the prospective partner (your car, their car, and a fair trade value between both).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

carguyjohn350 and Wikdstrate like this.
  12. NoMonkey

NoMonkey Rookie

Nov 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree. I do have the Taycan listed for sale elsewhere. I don't have any intentions of under valuating either car in a trade. I just figured I'd throw a trade offer out there to see what crops up.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I believe that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Actually, there appears to be limited demand, the number of "new" inventory throughout the USA continues to grow, this image from "right now", a month or so ago it was showing 700 new (this is not including the used ones, only new inventory). Reminds me of the new Supra (its 'new' inventory continues to grow and grow, not very popular) (above image from cars dot com)

15. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    There are a dozen new Taycans available at my local dealer with new ones constantly arriving.

IloveGT and technom3 like this.
  16. NoMonkey

NoMonkey Rookie

Nov 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree that new Taycans are coming in though I think the appeal here would be picking up a well optioned, practically brand new one for lower than MSRP. From talking to my dealer, the demand for Turbos have gone down but they don't have any of the 4S model in stock aside from their demo. When searching for used 4S models, I see 15 available on cars dot com, only 3 of which have less than 200 miles on them.

17. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Totally agree.
    My intent was not to knock your sale but simply to state a fact.
    I think getting a virtually new Taycan for under MSRP is a great deal.
    GLWS !

NoMonkey likes this.
  18. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    Taycan and/or M3 still available for trade?

19. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

The 4S is a family sedan....albeit a sporty one. There is no cult figure taking acid and buying bit coin behind it to create the fanfare of the T-Fanboys That's the problem with pushing a family sedan at that price point. It's a hard swallow.

A true sports car without much family utility will cause many to risk divorce just to get their hands on one. Most 911s, Lamborghinis, Bugattis, & Ferraris elicit that excitement without some dope, acid-dropping geek pushing them.

20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    458 has been predicted to be holding its value so we'll to the point that the price is increasing, and good spec was sold within days of listing.

I just took home a 718 spyder and put in the order for a 2022 cayenne coupe e hybrid for July build. The sales manager whom I know for years repetitively told me to stay away Taycan as it really depreciates like a falling rock. So I think you may have to put in cash if you want to swap your Taycan for a 458.

21. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    The Taycan is selling extremely well, outselling the Panamera by more than 2:1. It's also matching the sales of the 911. Course they are all dwarfed by the Macan and the Cayenne :-(

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    And even then the T is still profit-less, if not for selling emissions credits and flipping bitcoin...

23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I think you mean the Taycan is being produced extremely well, the market is apparently "over" the Taycan, 580 of the 4S model are currently available, even more of the Turbo/S, Porsche is over-producing them, but they are not actually selling well at all, my source is "cars dot com", verified at this moment -- only searching on New cars not used.

It seems after the initial interest, the Taycan is not popular at all....

sainthoo likes this.
  24. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    No, those numbers were based on Q1 deliveries, not production. Perhaps its not as popular as Porsche was hoping for, but that doesn't change the fact that it is twice as popular as the Panamera and is selling extremely well.

25. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    219 of those currently NEW models for sale, are model year 2020; I think the word "extremely" is perhaps only warranted in terms of comparisons within the brand? Autotrader shows 263 new model year 2020 Taycan for sale.

Having that many new Taycans for sale 8+ months after the model year closed (August 2020) is unremarkable at best (to me)

As for the Panamera, 37 new model year 2020 showing for sale on cars dot com and 62 new model year 2020 showing for sale on Autotrader.

Further, judging by Porsche's sales numbers (USA) the Taycan is simply cannibalizing Panamera sales (i.e. as Taycan sales go up, Panamera sales go down) and adding about 25% new buyers (Taycan)

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/2021/company/porsche-cars-north-america-retail-sales-fourth-quarter-year-end-2020-23328.html