F355 Market | Page 230 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Send me the link to the ad for the car I'll let you know what I know about it.

2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    You keep mixing what they are worth and what I would sell one for. :p

Maybe, maybe not.

1995 spider, red/tan, 38k miles, $77k ask.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=06447&showNegotiable=true&sortDir=ASC&sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&distance=50000&sortType=DEAL_SCORE&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1120#listing=287514427

Image Unavailable, Please Login

black/tan, 1998 spider, 33.5k miles, $79k ask.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=06447&showNegotiable=true&sortDir=ASC&sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&distance=50000&sortType=DEAL_SCORE&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1120#listing=281616364

1995 spider, red/tan, 28.5k miles, $100k ask

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=06447&showNegotiable=true&sortDir=ASC&sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&distance=50000&sortType=DEAL_SCORE&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1120#listing=299418418

1999 Spider, Best blue/tan, 26k miles, $125k ask

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=06447&showNegotiable=true&sortDir=ASC&sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&distance=50000&sortType=DEAL_SCORE&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1120#listing=288218863

tres55 likes this.
  3. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    No fob. Regular keys. Get a pre-purchase inspection with compression and leak down tests. Nothing is guaranteed but can give some info on state of motor.

4. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    Thanks for the update . I did mean valve guide seals. I had read they could be an issue. I had also read in here the buyers guide and the questions to ask. A PPI seem like a must. So I will get one done. Its funny to say but at 30K miles is a high mileage car. I guess that based on average Ferrari use. From a Mechanical wear and tear point of view it's fairly low.
    Thanks again for the replies. I will let you know how it goes.
    Mike

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yours.....just wanted to make you aware that CarFax will add the minor designation if you request it.

When I bought my Diablo it had a CarFax that just said “accident”. The owner insisted it was minor but couldn’t find the paperwork so I insisted on a 20% discount off of an already competitive ask price ($25k off).

After the sale was completed, he finds the paperwork.....$6,500 from Lamborghini Manhattan....a place where they charge you $3k just to breathe on it. About as minor as minor gets. So I worked with CarFax to change the designation and they inserted the repair cost so anyone could see how minor it was.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ahh, thanks for heads up!

JSinNOLA likes this.
  7. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    #5732 Julia, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Boxsters are more refined, but do try an ND2 Miata before you buy another Boxster. It's just so much fun... :) I haven't ever owned a Boxster, though. We rented a base 2013 in Arizona last year. It didn't seem to want to play. Maybe something was wrong with it, idk.

*Edit: You do really need to shift it at redline though. Otherwise you're missing half the fun.

ShineKen likes this.
  8. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    That does sound unpleasant. I'm truly sorry it's that way for you.

9. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    #5734 Julia, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    I've had a couple of chicks say they liked my F355. But WAY more teenage boys say they like it. :)

carnutdallas likes this.
  10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Here is the BEFORE CarFax, which hell who could figure out severity based on this?:

And here is the AFTER CarFax, with a much better more accurate description:

I won't have to swallow a 20% hit when I sell.....then again, the car has more than doubled in value anyway :)

ShineKen likes this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Today’s new narrative is 30k miles is “low miles” with an exclamation.

Yassa likes this.
  12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    seems on average the 308/328's were driven more on average per year. we were driving about 3k a year.

13. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    It's really pretty hard to beat a Miata for fun. You don't worry about putting a wheel off and chipping the paint,......, drifting on wet roads, donuts in the snow, leaving it parked outside in the rain..... Things many don't generally do with a Ferrari of a Porsche.

I gave up fun 29 years ago. But she is good to me. :D

I guess I could wear hear plugs. :) I have no such problem with the Cayman though. But that's only 7600 rpm.

14. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    I wore ear plugs when I was driving it home from the mechanic. (3-hr trip on the Interstate.)

Both the F355 and ND2 are amazingly fun and I don't want to be without either of them. :)

15. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I am still low at 66k miles at 25 years old! I understand miles and value to a point, but you have to drive them a lot and then the joy is so much better. I would hate to pay $200k for my 8500 mile car today and then put 15,000 miles on it over 3-5 years. More service and repair me thinks as well as depreciation (maybe not?). Would be a 23k mile car in 5 years and even money? Or market dips and it is $125??

Who knows. But I buy on condition, service records and overall value. I never do PPi’s. Not in 25 years. We all have our comfort zone, working budgets and life goals. The guy who bought my 8500 mile car supposedly has a 10 digit bank account. This is hourly interest payments :) He bought the best readily and easily available at the moment and time to him. Today he might buy something else and pay even more! My little wallet knew that I could only afford a higher mileage car, but I could afford it, keep it and not be pressured to sell it. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julia likes this.
  16. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    I have a 10 digit bank account....... there's just a of decimal points in it and very few comma's.:)
    I don't have the Ferrari mechanical experience yet like some of you. The big thing is travel restrictions. I need someone to confirm condition for me. Hope the PPI will give me a piece of mind. I have never bought a car sight unseen. I am in some unfamiliar territory. The guy didn't respond to me today. He either didn't like my price suggestion or he's thinking about it. I told him before we start any talk about pictures, service records, etc he needs to get closer to the $80K range. We'll see how it goes.

carnutdallas likes this.
  17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Interesting. I usually prefer knowing exactly what I’m dealing with before talking price.

Yassa, jimmym and MAD828 like this.
  18. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    I have had a few back and forths with potential sellers. Asking for pictures, documents etc. Only to find issues and they are not willing to move on $$. I didn't even want to go there unless he moves on his price. If he comes back and says he will move into that range then I will spend the time and effort to know exactly what I am dealing with. Might be a bit of an unorthodox method. We'll see
    Thanks again for all the feed back. It's is very helpful.
    Mike

19. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Mike I think that's a reasonable approach. A guy who actually wants to sell his car is going to work with you and try to make it happen. A guy who gets his kicks from strangers on the internet begging him to sell his amazing, irreplaceable, priceless, one of a kind car that somehow is worth 30 percent more than all the other cars exactly like it, is going to respond very differently.

20. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Mike I'm local to you so if you need a second opinion shoot me a DM and send me the link to the ad. I know most of the cars on/off market in our area.

ShineKen likes this.
  21. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    ShineKen likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  23. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Any idea:

1. How much was paid for the car from the seller
    2. How much Curated re-sold it for?
    3. When this all took place?

Looks from their website to have already been sold even though the video is just a few hours old.

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Im pretty sure the car sold before it was listed and it sold for 200k in February

carnutdallas likes this.
  25. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    John only sells the absolute top of the market cars. I wouldn't be surprised if it was mid-200s.

carnutdallas likes this.