458 ppi at the selling dealer | FerrariChat

458 ppi at the selling dealer

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Widebody_Don, Apr 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    Hi, who should I contact for a ppi on a 458? But they have to go to the dealer in Long Island. Ferrari dealers are not allowing cars to leave the lot.

2. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I would clear with the dealer the extent of inspection the third party mechanic can perform; just a walk around the car would be a waste of your money. Can the mechanic take the car for a drive? Put it on a lift to inspect for undercarriage damage etc.

3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    if its a dealer car can you just have them certify it and get the extended warranty?

RayJohns and Mikael-F360 like this.
  4. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    Hi Yes they can drive it. Put it on the lift, but I don't they are allow to take the car apart.

5. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    It is cpo

RayJohns likes this.
  6. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    then why waste your money.. if they are certifying it. it should be good to go i would think..

7. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    If it already has the extended warranty, and the maintenance history is good, I'm not sure I'd worry about PPI except to confirm the condition of the paint, interior, etc. I would think you could do a more thorough PPI (cylinder compression, drive test, etc) when you get it (I'm assuming you can't view the car in person) and your local dealer could address any issues under the Ferrari-backed warranty. Am I being naive?

8. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    wich car are you looking at?

9. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Most PPI's are a waste of time and money.

If it's certified pre owned at a Ferrari dealer, it's basically already had the most thorough PPI you're gonna get.

My advice would ask them to include a 6 month or 1 year extension the warranty or provide some sort of power train warranty to close the sale and just call it good.

Also, how many miles on the car and what year? The 458 is pretty bullet proof as long as nobody has abused it.

Ray

Art138 likes this.
  10. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    The 15 spider nero daytona/nero 15k miles, carbon fiber package and race seats ar ferrari of long island $249k

Thanks

11. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I bought my 2015 California T from Ferrari of Long Island ... it was CPO and they included two years of New Power warranty at the asking price. I did not do a PPI, I drove down from Boston in a 911 that I traded and drove it home. That is not to say that they will catch everything on the CPO inspection ... my car had a loose battery CPU that arced and caused intermittent starting which was frustrating but they stepped up and made it right at no cost to me, they worked with my local dealer to do it.

12. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    That is very nice to hear thanks.