F8 spider color dilemma | FerrariChat

F8 spider color dilemma

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by JJEply458, Apr 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJEply458

JJEply458 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    Hi guys, I am about to spec my F8 spider. I know color and options are personal etc etc but I’m truly torn between blue corsa exterior with black and yellow interior versus white exterior with red and white interior. I’m getting most of the exterior carbon with both.

I love the look of both nearly equally. My question is do any of you think there’s truly a resale difference between the two and any other considerations about this that any of you Ferrari officianados care to share?? Thanks for considering.

2. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Blue with black/yellow is nice. Better is blue with tan interior. I wouldn't give the time of day to a white Ferrari. Others will no doubt feel differently, but you did ask for opinions so you got one :)

ScottS likes this.
  3. JJEply458

JJEply458 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Eply
    Thank you! That’s a nice thought — blue with tan.

4. Retail

Retail Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Eastern US
    Full Name:
    Retail
    I think you are exactly right, colors and configuration are totally personal. All are great. Here’s ours. Image Unavailable, Please Login

JJEply458 and ryalex like this.
  5. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
  6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Personal taste aside, white is harder to sell, unless you're in the Persian Gulf.

7. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
  8. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    If you don’t like washing your car regularly get the white- it hides dirt better than any color but...
    FerrariChat has a big vocal BLUE group- and if resale is in your consideration- blue is s the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  9. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I think the ultimate lazy color is silver. I had a white car once and it looked dirty pretty fast. I love the blue corsa and would order that in a hot minute if I were buying new.

10. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Is Resale Red dead? It seems like Rosso Corsa gets the thumbs down quite a lot these days.

11. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    It seems like half the Ferraris for sale are red over tan. Black and white are also pretty easy to find. Other colors move really fast.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Go with bare aluminum with regular clearcoat and color-matched bumpers. Been done a few times, but still very unique.

PMiranda likes this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I dont think there's any resale difference between your choices. Once you move beyond the traditional color configurations you are in the land of individual tastes and I think either of your choices are equally nice what matters is you like them- go with your heart.

PMiranda likes this.
  14. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    FWIW-I just sold my 2019 488Spider-2k -White,black painted roof,cuio seats with black inserts and had crazy interest and compliments(many from F chatters) and lost 50k which i thought was very good after 2years of ownership-over 350k msrp.
    Sold easily I think because of color and spec

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    What he said.

For me I would love the Blue and the whole blue family. I’m not a white car guy except white black in florida with tons of carbon.

With the choices you suggest my tastes lie with the blue.

Don’t worry about resale, don’t worry about others , go with what makes you happy and you want to see what’s outside. Btw you cannot see the outside from the driver’s seat.

That said- I love buying silver Ferraris used - they always go for less. Love silver but wouldn’t spec one myself. Even the F8 spider demo was AN and looked amazing. Went with CdF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk