F355 Market | Page 229 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I don’t see anything unusual with the airbag. Oily hands will produce a shine on steering wheel whereas the airbag is seldom touched. Use driving gloves or a Magic Eraser to restore back to matte.

2. TipoF129

TipoF129 Karting

Mar 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    ROBERT BROPHY
    Wsmatau, tres55 and ShineKen like this.
  3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Clear giveaway is rear bumper vents at the bottom are painted over in red. They should be masked off and matte black.

Without more photos of door jambs it's tough to say the extent of the repaint.

Regardless, it's a clean presented car at a dealer that doesn't appear to have anything of that level in their inventory...would suggest there's something up where it didn't end up in the hands of someone more reputable and asking a lot more.

4. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    ShineKen likes this.
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    From that angle it appears the hood buckled. I think it was repaired well, but it would be nice to take a look at it before bidding.

6. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    He said fender, bumper and headlight were replaced. I think the hood looks fine...the fender looks like it was pulled down though maybe giving that illusion?

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    From my perspective, fenders and headlights appear leveled and hood buckled up. OR ... the hood wasn’t closed :).

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  11. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I see zero hood damage of any kind in the accident pic

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that will be interesting. mine had "minor" hit from behind that shows on CarFax, good news is I have pics of the actual damage and then all repair receipts.

does this car have accident pics? I didn't see any. that could be bad or good, I personally think if accident pics prove it really was minor, then post them. If you don't post the pics, then hoping buyers are assuming it was minor glossing over the accident. If the accident was worse than what most people consider minor, then I wouldn't post pics.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ahh, just had to keep reading down the thread, I would call that minor to moderate as Carfax says.

tres55 likes this.
  15. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    pfft... NO PROBLEM! People will snatch anything on BaT - almost always sight-unseen (aside from pics) and at astronomical prices to boot

Wsmatau likes this.
  16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Rob, does CarFax actually list the incident as “minor accident”?

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    mine or this one on BAT? here is the BAT one...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Our 355 comrade @carnutdallas owns a body shop. Perhaps he should give us his thoughts on the damage.

19. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    Found a 95 spider gated. was looking to update my limited knowledge. please confirm or correct if you can. A 95 would have the 2.7 motronic. A single cat ECU. Would the alarm be different than the later models. Is the exhaust bypass the same as the later ones. Has about 35K miles. Wants too much $100K Cdn. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Hope this one work out so I can join the "club".
    Thanks
    Mike

20. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    My thought - pffft! Who cares..... LOL.

Honestly. Perfection on a 25 year old car is a journey less traveled. Bradan and I make a living fixing the oops of life. A repair is only as good as the people who under take it. Most issues are poor workmanship, done with speed and haste. A properly repaired car may suffer a slight reduction in value, but my opinion is anyone wanting perfection is missing out on some good cars. I have owned perfection and it was not fun to drive.

I think paying for perfection is of course ones prerogative. If that is your joy and requirement, then you pick from a smaller pool of cars and pay more. But if you want to drive a car, don’t miss out because 10 or 20 years ago, it was repaired. If it is bad work, negotiate, try to buy for less and repair again.

I own a less than perfect car. Could not be happier! I think Dave Lelonek creates and aspires to perfection at a level that is masterful. I would love to own a car he and Bradan restored. Would probably never drive it, LOL. My car, mechanically is a near 10! I drive it like I stole it. Will not win a concourse :)

Cheers and long live the 355, no matter it’s history!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audi_328, WATSON, marknado and 6 others like this.
  21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Easy to drive it like you stole it when you own a body shop :p

Doramon0720 and OCKlasse like this.
  22. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

one cat ECU for each bank

bypass functions the same but headers and bypass pipe are different

no alarm system

$100k Cdn = about $80k US. Seems reasonable ask for a good car with fresh service.

jimmym likes this.
  23. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    One ECU for each bank. got it. Was thinking about the valve seals. I would think by now that issue would have been address with 30K+ miles on it. So no alarm still Fob keys? Or is it just a regular key. I am going to see about the service . I have a feeling it's due. Don't know why but my spidey senses are tingling. Which would be fine with me, but the price need to reflect that. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Thanks John I value your opinion.
    Mike

24. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    $80K seems pretty steep for a 35K mile cabriolet. With a '95 you will want to know if valve guides (not seals, guides) were done. Some need it, some don't. Oil consumption is the way to tell, leakdown test less so.

25. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I think you meant to say it's at least $20k US overpriced. ;)

steved033 likes this.