NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 76 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    Finally the thread is resurrected. Too bad it turned into Tesla Thread o_O

456-boy likes this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    JTSE30 and Thecadster like this.
  3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    With the introduction of the 812 VS and the May 5 embargo done, two more months to go until we see LB.

F2003-GA likes this.
  4. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    hello all. close to pulling the trigger on an F8 but intrigued by this car. i am not thrilled by the hybrid aspect of it, but i also am not crazy about the F8 front end. also- something tells me this new car is going to be significantly faster than the F8. i do believe it will make more power than it and be lighter. like mclaren light. based on the price point the publications have quoted their sources saying it makes sense too.

so- i think the F8 will not be made after that. it wouldn't make any sense since both cars would be two seaters of nearly same dimesnion and power. it sounds like the new car will be more powerful than the artura so it will cost 50K more. that makes sense too.

i am holding my deposit for now and hope this car is announced soon.

F2003-GA likes this.
  5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    No way it's lighter than the F8. Batteries are heavy!

6. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    they're making a big deal about the state of the art lightweight materials. shorter wheelbase. also- it's just a batter pack not an entire battery engine. plus- its ferrari. so yeah- i think it's for real. definitely won't be heavier than an F8.

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Cant trust F pr for the weights though.

8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yeah we sill see.

Senna1994 and dustman like this.
  9. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    As the ca r will be based on an aluminium structure, I can’t see how it can be lighter than the F8.

Senna1994 likes this.
  10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They decided to go try carbon tub for LB.

11. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Really? That's interesting. It might just be be lighter than expected.

12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    You know this for sure?

13. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    I would be more than happy to be wrong. Some people here who usually are well informed stated that LB will have the same alu structure than the SF90.

Senna1994 likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    yes. 100% sure. Enzo told me. ;)

Divexxtreme likes this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m joking bro.

Divexxtreme likes this.
  16. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    for sure it will weigh more than a f8, but "not too much" I guess: 2 less cylinders, smaller tank, no front e-engine (?), less powerful rear e-engine (that means smaller battery than SF-90). My bet is a combined power of ~750hp and a bit faster than 488 pista 0-100/0-200

SVR likes this.
  17. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    My bet is that it won't have, I hope, a less powerful 3-liter 6-cylinder engine than the Maserati Mc20. So I hypothesize thermal death from 650hp, plus the electric motor, total 750-760hp and a dry weight not exceeding 1420kg.

F2003-GA likes this.
  18. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    The F8 tribute has a dry weight of 1330kg, the Mclaren Artura dry weight 1395kg, but the Artura has a carbon tank. It will be hard to stay under 1400 kg dry, we hope.

19. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Dammit! You had me all excited for a minute there!

F2003-GA, Senna1994 and SoCal to az like this.
  20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Dry weight means absolutely nothing!
    Weigh the F 8 with fluids and gasoline and you will be on the real weight of the car, that is to say around 1580 kg ...

tekaefixe and Senna1994 like this.
  21. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    Ferrari has always supported the use of aluminum for the frames, as a better cost-benefit ratio on production cars, leaving the use of carbon fiber to limited series cars. However, the production of the SF-90 Stradale gives me hope, given that it is equipped with a mixed frame, aimed at containing the weights, trying to contain the burden of the weight of the electric and I hope we will follow the same path for LB.

Here is an excerpt from this source on the chassis of the SF-90 Stradale:

https://corporate.ferrari.com/it/ferrari-sf90-stradale-la-nuova-supercar-di-serie

"The frame has been completely redesigned with a multi-material and multi-technology approach, especially to withstand the higher stresses resulting from the new power unit and the introduction of all-wheel drive. Thanks to the use of innovative technologies, such as the hollow castings to replace the traditional ribbed castings, and of new contents, such as the bulkhead between the cabin and the engine completely in carbon and two new aluminum alloys, including one of the 7000 series for high resistance sheet metal, the frame of the SF90 Stradale has increased the 20% flexural stiffness and 40% torsional stiffness compared to the previous platforms without penalizing the weight, all to the advantage of the car's dynamic qualities. NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) characteristics have also been improved thanks to the use of a new aluminum alloy for the floor which is called 'quiet aluminum'. "

22. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    There is dry weight and curb weight, we know that. It only serves to take a reference point, just always lose the usual, or always gain dry weight or always gain weight in running order. The differences between one and the other are on average in the order of about one hundred kg. Maybe someone is too optimistic in their statements.

23. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

I like NVH in my Ferrari’s. :)

jm2 likes this.
  24. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Not funny! For a moment I got really excited about LB. :(

25. Keysersose

Keysersose Rookie

May 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    John W
    I'm in the same boat - want to buy an F8 Spider but waiting to see about the LB.. Is there any chance that they would offer a spider version at the same time as a coupe? Has Ferrari ever released a spider version on the initial launch of a car?