It was bound to happen, I sprayed my windshield instead of ... | FerrariChat

It was bound to happen, I sprayed my windshield instead of ...

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Apr 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    So I was driving my GT3 on Sunday and was driving to run some errands. Accelerating from a standstill my brain did the clutch from 1st to second, but I pulled the windshield wash lever instead of moving my hand over to the manual shifter and pulling back from 1st to second. Was pretty funny. Guess I drove the Ferrari too much last week...

Has this happened to you guys before?

It is almost as bad as when I used to work in the Caribbean back in the 90's and when I'd come back to NY to visit family, I would turn on my wipers when I went to use the turn signals for the 1st couple of hours back.

Cheers,
    Corey

brookliner7 and Ray Smith like this.
  2. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Every time I drive a PDK my fingers can't match up with my brain. My AMG is right/left, Ferrari right/left, but the Porsche...WHY??? forward/back. I had resigned to driving Porsche as an auto.

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yep, I DD my car so when I get into any of the other cars I find myself reaching for the paddles.

NMNMNMN likes this.
  4. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I did something really dumb several months ago.

My wife and I got into the 430 to go for a drive. I put the key in the ignition and turned the key, and nothing happened. She looked at me with the look of “how much is that going to cost?”
    HA, I felt really dumb when I figured out what I’d done.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

AndreB, Ray Smith, bball16 and 3 others like this.
  5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    hahaha been there. your heart just stops...

jcurry and Ray Smith like this.
  6. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Yup, I've done this too! haha

7. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    After driving stick cars all my life, I still, after years of driving the F1, will reach between the seats sometimes instinctively if I'm preoccupied pulling out of the garage. Kind of the opposite of what you did. :)

Skidkid likes this.
  8. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yes on the Porsche being backwards. Here's another one - switching from a manual daily to F1 or PDK and I go to slam on the brakes, left foot nearly goes through the floor boards as I try to get the clutch pedal down. After the code brown alert wears off from the emergency braking, small chuckle...

AndreB likes this.
  9. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    First world problems of the well to do: "The cars in my stable are so different, that at times my brain has switched to car number #n and I pull a #n - 1move." Oh the challenges!
    I have turned the ignition key and the car wouldn't start, being an automotive genius I determined the problem and fixed it quickly(press the red button fool!)

10. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    No, a first world problem is when you have a watch collection and after almost 2 months you still have to set the damn time an hour ahead because of DST when you pick out a watch from the winder to wear before going out.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

efg2014 likes this.