F355 Market | Page 228 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    The the highest priced F1 B that sold in the last 6 months on BAT was a very nice example with 31k miles back in October. Went for $69.5k. Since then one other F1 GTS, 15k miles, sold for $67k. No other F1 Bs reached reserve. Most recent on BAT was a yellow with 30k miles that topped out at $55.3k.

2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Fwiw converted my e36 M3 from auto to 5spd. It's a common swap. Also more involved than a F1 swap to 6 spd.

Targatime likes this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Just stumbled upon this blog by @AutoFanaticF355 and felt it would be worth sharing. He landed one of the best 355’s in the country... through persistence. Perhaps those still searching can relate. Buyers asking for PPI’s and low balling are losing deals. Speed is key!

https://www.auto-fanatic.com/uncategorized/ferrari-f355-berlinetta/

He’s also a great traditional dealer with awesome Youtube content all 348/355 owners should check out. I like his take on preservation of paint and I am looking forward to using his products in the very near future. He doesn’t appear to be a big believer in PPF or ceramic coats for various reasons. It’s an interesting take worth checking out. I believe @ttforcefed is on the hunt for a good traditional detailer. Could be your guy :). Either way, I think we’re lucky to have a very experienced detailer added to the 348/355 brotherhood.

Wsmatau, INTMD8 and jimmym like this.
  4. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Morale of the story... "He who hesitates is lost."

Now, I'm not sure if I agree with his logic regarding the GT4.

5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    The amount of time (read: money) and actual money he spent finding the "right one" he could've had a 90% car for far less and sent it to Bradan to make it 100% for less, and been enjoying it years earlier.

IMO :p

Julia, audi_328 and carnutdallas like this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ehhh - bradan not taking new clients.

7. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Will in the future, but I think you have a few cars ahead?.... but prior to
    fire when this guy was looking years ago, maybe he could have squeezed it in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Unlikely. The ferrari stuff isnt worth the headache for him anymore. Hes keeping a cple dozen of his existing clients that he likes doing work for. Bmw and Porsche collision work keeping him busy without the pia.

@BRADAN is a good dude. Happy to say i was one of his first clients when he first started as a detailer.

carnutdallas and ShineKen like this.
  9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/bradan-355-major-service-paint.358733/page-9

This reminds me. I reached out to the owner of this yellow 355 who had a full paint job + extensive buttress work done by Bradan. 9 years and 4k miles later, he says the paint is still flawless and zero signs of buttress cracking. Just a data point :).

Julia and carnutdallas like this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Nothing new (and interesting) coming to market. Should we just post cars we think the 355 should be worth more than :)?

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Something major may be coming very soon.

TipoF129, tres55 and ShineKen like this.
  12. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    That's too bad to hear. I am looking for a "right spec" F1 car and was not being too picky about condition because I figured worst case, I'll send it to Bradan before I even see it. :( haha

13. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Nothing of note has come up for me to post.

Overall...listings are still declining. I haven't been monitoring the way I am now for previous years, but about a 20% drop of global 355 supply in the past 5-6 months, all variants included.

Here's one that's interesting and cheaply priced:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1971573842.htm
    1996 MY
    58,311km
    80k EUR = 96,500 USD
    RC on Black/Red
    Carbon Seats
    Manual

Evidence of repaint in the photos though. Front driver side fender / hood alignment doesn't look 100% either. Suspect it's been repaired...however presents pretty nicely. Airbag leather tone doesn't seem to match the rest of the steering wheel? May have gone off during an accident. The seats have to be worth 20% of the ask though? :D

ShineKen likes this.
  14. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Well I've driven a lot, and I feel, everything. Maybe McLaren F1 or Murrays latest but not in the same galaxy.

Otherwise, IMO, F355 is stunning if considering looks and performance.

This would be difficult to understand by individuals driving the car like a dump truck :D

Julia, 308 GTB and ShineKen like this.
  15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    That car is a steal for someone in Europe. Driver’s side hood slightly above fender is actually kinda common. I’ve seen it quite a few times on mint cars in magazines. Might be the way Ferrari’s molds were or re adjustment of the fenders. My guess is no accident on this car.

16. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    It's definitely been repainted though regardless. Is the variation in leather from the airbag to the steering wheel like that normal?

17. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    by now you'd be hard pressed to find any 355 without some. paint work. But I only see 10 photos where's the evidence of paint work. I can't even zoom in on them.

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #5693 johnk..., Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    That's because the market has topped. Cars aren't moving. The majority of buyers who were willing to pay up bought cars and are gone. Next move, except for maybe a special car, is down, particularly in the US where things are slowly getting back to normal.:D

19. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Yeah, these 355's should be selling sub 60's by summer! ;)

Wsmatau likes this.
  20. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    A yellow black spider just sold off Cargrus for $49k.

21. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    link? There was one like that in Atlanta on FB that was in the high 30s... it was a huge heap.

sjd

22. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    No link. I had it saved and when it sold I got a message from Cargrus.

23. bcar1

bcar1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2017
    NYC/NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Didn’t realize, guess I’m lucky he still picks up my calls? I remember he told me he stopped posting the work threads because he was sick of negative comments he was getting on them.

ttforcefed likes this.
  24. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Tons of work probably as all other cheap ones out there....consider the time and money to put in the calculation......

25. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    which is awesome if you like that stuff...

sjd