Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Shadow is back!

Coincid and Thecadster like this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I don’t always agree with Shadow, but when I do, that invariably means he is right. In this instance, I agree.

of2worlds and Coincid like this.
  3. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    oh you are back mate and making bad assumptions as usual. Since your first allegation is false( 765 envy), you know what to do with the rest of your post.

4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Glad to see Shadow back.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I am for now but waiting to hear about the carbon issue. Mine would likely not be delivered until about this time next year. Deposit to go in by next week though.

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Jcmd- I am honored that you took the time and expended the effort to archive some of my posts and read my rambling, obsessive review of the 765. As you are aware, the ignore function is conveniently available that can be activated to alleviate any further suffering of being exposed to any of my subsequent posts. Your relentless cautionary posts about Mclaren, inspite of the many rebuttals to the contrary, are symptomatic of obsessive- compulsive disorder. Obsessions are uncontrollable , intrusive thoughts that reoccur. Compulsions are strong urges to complete certain behaviours to calm these thoughts down. Shadow, astutely recognized this issue and expressed it with great insight. Incessant hostility and negativity directed to an inanimate object is indicative of a deeper psychological issue. Wishing you all the best.

Shack, Fastmd, Gh21631 and 1 other person like this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I like El Cid's obsession as he found his perfect ride. The 'negative waves' elsewhere, not so much.

Shadowfax, Caeruleus11 and Coincid like this.
  8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I think the conduct is the exact definition of a fanboy. Reminds me of hardcore apple fanboys. They will take every opportunity to blast a competing product without ever actually trying the product. Instead of just posting other people’s negative feedback maybe actually develop ones own thoughts. Like coincid I’ve owned multiple brands (4 ferraris, Lamborghini, 5 Porsche and now on my 4th Mclaren). Every brand has both pros and cons but to just continually bash a brand shows a lack of maturity, IMO. Back to the subject at hand I am in love with my 765lt. Tried to get a black series and despite having owned 12 MB and being good friends with the GM I was told I didn’t have a shot. Lol.

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Enthusiasm and excitement towards any car is the purpose they are purchased. Positive expressions are always welcomed. Incessant negativity is not.

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Nothing on this planet is perfect. Everything has flaws and represents compromise to a lesser or greater extent. Individual preferences, priorities and inherent bias, determines the choices made.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Shadow where ya been? Jail, stranded on a desert island, sick with Covid? Inquiring minds want to know, welcome back!

Thecadster likes this.
  12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have been in personal contact with him over the last 3 months. He simply felt a hiatus was in order. He has been well and happy.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Since he has been hanging around with you; can we anticipate a greater degree of eloquence now? :)

Coincid likes this.
  14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Shadow has definite opinions which he will express when he chooses and they are not subject to filtering or moderation.

Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.
  15. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Question for the experts...... I’m about to place my order for the STO and wondering if I can get the orange pieces (the major trim pieces) either painted in a body shop, or possibly wrapped. If this is AdP color contrast nonsense and it delays my order, I’ll order as stock and get it done elsewhere.

Any downside to this?

16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    We are all subject to moderation, by the moderators LOL.

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #517 Coincid, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Wrapping the orange trim on the STO would not be a problem.

wthensler likes this.
  18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Just announced- Porsche is recalling all 2021 Cayman GT 4 and 718 Spyder for faulty Connecting Rods. Many of the recalled cars will require full engine replacement.

19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Wasn't there an issue with some new 2014 or was it 2018 Porsche GT3 models related to connecting rods as well with motors replaced as a result?

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Yes and some caught fire.

of2worlds and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Wtf? Serious??

22. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I wonder what that’ll cost them......I bought the much-maligned 996 C2 when it first hit the streets in ‘99. The new engine design had a split shaft and an intermediate shaft bearing, which was known to fail catastrophically. Porsche swept it under the carpet, and although there were no official statistics on failure, it was said to be upwards of 10%. I never had IMS problems, but knew of several owners that did.

Perhaps they’ve learned from bad press. Anyway, this has gotta be an expensive recall.......

I like the GT4 - looks like a fun, highly nimble, secondary road mountain hunter of a car.

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow. I just read about the initial recall last month affecting 190 cars. Now all? Sucks...that's a great car.

24. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
  25. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T