GTS Goes for Swim, Accidental Neutral?!! | FerrariChat

GTS Goes for Swim, Accidental Neutral?!!

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by FerrariFR33458, Apr 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Without the engine running, it is actually quite difficult to have the gearbox not going to P and the electric brake not automatically engage - for both one needs to apply some cumbersome procedure...

otakki and Gh21631 like this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Ive had the occasion where I turned my car off and it beeps a message: "parking brake NOT inserted!" - It can happen... I dont know what happened here, I feel badly for this fellow. Anyway, its an important thing with this modern cars, you should really note that the car has engaged the parking brake before walking away.

otakki likes this.
  4. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    #5 otakki, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    If luck is really bad, it will be a time when the parking brake not engaging, combined with an incline so subtle that no car movement is noticed when walking away. Gosh, I'll have to pay close attention now and look back even when I park on a seemingly flat place.

My habit has been to pull both paddles to neutral before turning off the engine. So it's okay to turn off in any gear?

5. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    I leave it in either 1st or Reverse when I turn it off, which cause the car to go into Park and apply the parking brake.

otakki likes this.
  6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Absolutely yes. And highly recommended.

Marcel Massini

7. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    The manual says that you need to stop the car in 1st or reverse. You should NOT pull both paddles before shutting off the engine, unless you want the car to stay in Neutral, for example because it will go through an automated car wash that pulls the car by the wheels (I highly doubt many of us use this type of car washes...)

otakki and gowthamn like this.