812VS - F8 VS next? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

812VS - F8 VS next?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by pninja005, Apr 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Completely disagree with your assessment.

Coincid likes this.
  2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    You included Mclaren models that were very limited and I did the same. Ferrari j50 had 10 made. You included senna gtr which had 5 made. If your going to try and post a comparison at least be somewhat accurate. You can’t pick and choice what models to include to benefit your position. The funny thing is look how many people in this very forum and sub section are complaining about Ferrari pumping out lots of models in a short time.

SoCal to az and Coincid like this.
  3. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If we are going to be Truly accurate- Arturo is a hybrid. P1 is a hybrid. Elva- 130 made. 540- was never available in the US. Just so many inaccuracies just to try to prove a point.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    To be clear- I’m not arguing that Mclaren doesn’t have too many models. All I’m saying is that their models are no more or less than everyone else. They all make too many models.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Not really thinking one is coming but if there would be one:

Motor from the SF90 minus the added battery power. (769 hp)
    Reduced weight inside and out
    Modified bodywork / aero

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This will never happen. Although I’d love to buy one if it did.

Coincid likes this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Mclaren and Ferrari have evolved into offering mid engine models that are distinctly divergent in aesthetics, driving dynamics and capabilities. The Ferrari track inspired models since 2010, include only the Speciale and the Pista and arguably they are in essence more engaging versions of the 458 and 488. Mclaren' s repertoire includes 675LT, 600LT, Senna, 620R and 765LT, all of which are highly immersive, raw and track oriented. Ferrari has taken the path towards sophisticated refinement, with driving dynamics, while highly capable, can comfortably translate into daily driving.

Gh21631 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’d agree that performance wise, pains me to say, but Ferraris are just behind except at the very top of the line. ...pretty much like in f1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It's basically the Pista/F8 engine with batteries.

Coincid likes this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I get it but the testing required, emissions requirements etc etc. never gonna happen.

Gh21631 likes this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #86 Lukeylikey, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    I think that’s a good analysis. But the comments suggesting Ferrari are milking the models as much as McLaren just seen wide of the mark to me. I don’t want to labour a silly point but to include the Lusso and California in a list of comparable models to any McLaren just makes no sense to me. May as well say Porsche makes too many models v McLaren because of the Macan and Cayenne. They’re irrelevant in this context. Take out all four P1s if you think they’re too low volume, let’s be generous. You still have double the mid V8s from McLaren against Ferrari. There’s just no way around it, McLaren have saved development money by not having a front-engine platform or a second engine format. Smart decision if you ask me. They would have had no chance otherwise. But it leaves them as fair game to those who want to say they are forcing too many models through that one format. Don’t think I’m criticising any of the cars, I’m not. Just being realistic. Doesn’t stop people complaining about other brands making too many models either, but usually they mean too high a quantity and too much depreciation rather than too many models.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Exactly. In my opinion, releasing a F8 VS would completely shutdown the V6 sales, especially if not reserved for previous owners only.

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Respectfully still disagree. Just intellectually dishonest to ignore all the other Ferraris that have been made and then say that Mclaren makes too many cars.

Gh21631 likes this.
  14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Don’t think I said McLaren makes too many cars (although high depreciation suggests that to be the case). We’re talking about models from a platform. If you want to divide Ferrari’s new models over all the platforms that Ferrari use then you also have to conclude that someone who buys and drives a California or a Lusso could just as easily be satisfied with a 570 Spider or a McLaren GT. I, on the other hand, don’t believe that to be the case. A California covers a fundamentally different customer than a 570 Spider (which remains a mid V8, similar to the 650, 720 etc.) and a Lusso against a MGT similarly. No intellectual dishonesty needed. We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one because we clearly don’t see it the same. Cheers

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This whole discussion started because of a response to a video that stated Mclaren makes too many cars. Scroll up and get caught up on the thread before you opine.

You are arguing something by fundamentally different than the topic at hand.

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yes tribute but Finale ?

17. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Ferrari will make a damn SUV FFS! How much more brand dilution do you need until you understand that Ferrari will have more models than Toyota or VW?!
    What you’re trying to induce is a fallacy but most people here are not idiots and know their Socrates.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yes. If they put the SF90 in a special F8, its definitely going to have Hp over the Pista. Add all the carbon bits in and out as standard including seats and there is your VS.
    Call it the Finale, make only 500 and charge $200 k over a F8 before other personal changes like leather / alcantara etc and they will every single one.

ferrarifanatic25 and Andynyc like this.
  19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Do you honestly believe the V6 will be a success ? You can come over here and im sure you will be greeted with a rep hugging you if you say you want a SF90.

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Well, maybe for the "environmentally friendly" clients. You know, the fallacy. I am totally against the dumb idea. There is a reason I call it the V6 turbo toaster. I do not like the SF90 either. I considered it but there are so many things I do not like that I could not go for it, even having the performance it has.

MANDALAY likes this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    And don't get me started with the announcement of Ferrari EV. This is the end of Ferrari.

MANDALAY likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I mean if u want a f8 vs, drop a pair of novi shocks, ecu tune, a proper novi exhaust and next thing u know u have 790hp,2.7 0-60. There u have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cridom60 and GT2goneF like this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    2/3 check!

24. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Ok, so to make a more relevant contribution, it seems many feel that Ferrari will not do an F8 VS. My guess would be that is probably right. I don’t think they have time for it in their development schedule since LB will be taking a lot of their resources. There has also been no mule sightings that I can think of. I don’t think manufacturers can be relied on to protect the feelings of the buyers of the previous car in their decision making - F8 VS would leave Pista in a strange position perhaps. Manufacturers think “that’s what we do, make new cars”. If they stopped doing that they stop being a manufacturer. I just think that they can’t fit it in and the fact that they don’t annoy many Pista customers is perhaps one side benefit rather than a reason in itself.

Alternatively, if they did decide to do it they have the perfect engine - the 790hp motor from the SF90. The problem they have with that, though, is it is mated to the new 8 speed gearbox and works without a mechanical reverse gear. That sounds like a lot of re-engineering to me. I also could imagine they will do an F40 inspired Icona and that might justify re-engineering the 790hp motor. Would they save it for that?

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    780, and still not enough to compete with the 765LT (the theorical competitor of a F8 VS)