360 - Wrong Crush Washer? | FerrariChat

360 Wrong Crush Washer?

Discussion in '360/430' started by lkstaack, Apr 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lkstaack

lkstaack Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Lars
    I'm changing the oil on a 360 for the first time, and I'm looking for assurance that I'm using the correct crush washers.

I ordered the oil changing kit from Ricambi, but the crush washers they provided have a larger inside and outside diameter than the ones that I removed. The old washers don't allow much lateral movement, but the Ricambi washers easily move back and forth. Did I get the correct washers?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    looks okay just don't over tighten

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    If they came from Daniel at Ricambi America, I would be confident they will work fine.

4. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    The id looks fine its just the od to be bigger.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    OP already said that is not the case and the washers move laterally more that the original ones. But again, I doubt it will be a problem the supplier has a stellar reputation

INRange likes this.
  6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If you want to get it central then put a few drops of super glue on the plug and stick it to the washer

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I have no idea what that aluminum washer in your photo is; it's certainly not an original washer for the oil drain plug of your car. Additionally, the drain plug shown on the right of your photo also doesn't look original. It appears too tall -- but that might be the photo, or the perspective of the shot, or just my Pinot-induced Sunday morning fog. Install the two Genuine Ferrari washers you got, and don't overthink it.

E60 M5 and Extreme1 like this.
  8. lkstaack

lkstaack Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Lars
    Ok.

Sent from my SM-G781U using FerrariChat.com mobile app