812VS - F8 VS next? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

812VS - F8 VS next?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by pninja005, Apr 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Agree but as i have said in the past , crazy not to take advantage of the situation. Highly doubt they have any concern with the 1000's of Pista owners.

Its FINISHED its the end of the V8 NO ELECTRIC FERRARI. I dare say the 812 VS is also the last of the V12 's. FINITO for ever

ferrarifanatic25 and xBox like this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Agree , who really knew about the F8 ? The last 488 buyers didn't , and neither did the Pista buyers.

xBox likes this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    This is why there will not be an F8 VS.

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Is Doug Demuro Noone2?? Cause it seems like he loves to comment on cars but has no freaking clue what he is talking about.

540, 570, 570GT no longer in production.

600LT and 620R no longer in production.

Senna/ no longer in production.

Sabre- they made 10.

Elva- 100 or so cars made.

Soeedtail- sold out and they made like 150 or so car.

I mean too many cars? Currebtly in production by mclaren is 720 and 720 spider. artura. 765lt coupe. That’s it.

Oh wait...He must mean Porsche.

Carrera
    Carrera 4s
    Carrera GTS
    Convertible versions of the above cars.
    Carrera Targa
    Turbo
    Turbo S
    Gt3

I’m just on Carrera and havent addressed the various versions of Taycan, Cayenne, 718, Macan.

Or did he mean Lamborgini?

Huracan
    Huracan performante
    Huracan Evo
    Huracan STO

aventador x 10+ Versions

Urus

This is what happens when you let people who don’t actually own any cars talk about cars.

What a waste of a video.

Gh21631, Coincid, LVP488 and 2 others like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think you missed the point a bit. Obviously a lot of the cars are no longer in production. The point is what it does for the cars already sold in terms of value and depreciation. The Senna is not very old, and yet those who paid a lot and probably expected a bit of an investment is now looking at a car that will lose value further. The 600LT buyers were less than pleased to see the 620R come out shortly after they had paid for the 600LT. This is why you all of asudden saw 600LT's at dealers where people had zero interest. I'm not a fan, but for what it is worth, there's no denying the fact that McLaren is going overboard with their special versions.

I agree that Lamborghini is pretty bad too, but at the end of the day they don't have a big range. They basically have three cars. Aventador, Huracan and Urus.
    By comparison, Ferrari currently have five main cars. Porsche is in a world all of their own and cannot really be used for comparison. They are mostly at a much lower price point and target a much wider audience.

If we only talk special cars, not regular production cars so to speak, Ferrari and Lamborghini is nowhere near where McLaren and Porsche is.
    Also, if you don't want to count McLarens which are in production, you cannot do that for the others. So what we have to do is o look at special cars over a set period.
    Just in the time where Ferrari has released the 488, McLaren have had the 675LT and all the cars that followed. The two others have had much fewer specials.

Since the 488 debuted, I can recollect the following limited and special versions from McLaren.

675LT
    675LT Spider
    688HS
    600LT
    600LT spider
    620R
    765LT
    765LT Spider
    P1 GTR
    Elva
    Senna
    Senna GTR
    Sabre
    Speedtail

Not even sure that's all, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head for special models released since the debut of the 488,

By comparison, Ferrari has had the following.

Pista
    Pista Spider
    TdF
    812VS
    Monza

Lambo have had the following.

Perf.
    Perf. Spyder
    STO
    SV
    SV Spyder
    SVJ
    Sian

Not that well versed in the Lambo world. so not sure whether or not I missed any special models there from that period.

Porsche have a list as long or longer than McLaren, and like McLaren have also experienced a backlash from disgruntled customers.

At any rate, that McLaren list is why a Senna which started out great price wise, are now back to MSRP and lower some places. What are 675LT's going for these days? What about 675LT Spiders? The 765LT and 765LT Spider will more than likely go in the same direction.
    All this and we are not even talking about how many regular cars they have released, and how many of those were ordered by dealers to have on the showroom floor for sale.

My point was simply to illustrate that Ferrari does things very differently and thus I see very little that backs up the idea of an F8 VS. The LB is coming shortly, so if Ferraris tendency to not release a slew of special models did not put a nail in the coffin of an F8 VS, the release of the LB does.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #56 SoCal to az, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Pista
    Pista Spider
    TdF
    812VS
    Monza

You left out:
    Lusso
    Lusso T
    California
    California T
    Portifino
    812 GTS
    F8
    F8 spider
    SF90
    SF90 spider
    Roma
    Little Brother (coming soon)
    all the 70th edition versions, and I’m sure I missed something .

They all do a ton of cars. I agree with you though that there won’t be an F8 VS.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

He is an annoying idiot. I don’t get his succès

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viperjoe likes this.
  8. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I haven’t read the rest yet, I stopped on the part about the Senna going down in value. I respectfully disagree. That value of that car is not based on performance, but rather on the sheer audacity of it. There will never be another car like it. It’s the McLaren equivalent to the F40. The fact that the 765LT might run close to the same lap times is immaterial to Senna owners. McLaren gave zero <blanks> in designing the Senna, and the market will reward that boldness as the world sadly pivots from ICE to electrification. Set a reminder on this thread for 10 years from now. If I am wrong, I’ll send you some good scotch, wine, or cigars....

9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Ok...I’m back. I read the rest of the post, and wish to comment further. The 675LT is making its way back. It bottomed, and will continue to strengthen. As the brand profile increases, so too does interest in the 675LT. However, what I most disagree with, is your assertion that the 765LT will encounter the same reaction in the secondary market as the 675LT. That’s plainly wrong. The 765LT is an indisputable home run. Everyone that has one, loves it. Few will be willing to part with it, especially as we catapult into the post-ICE abyss. I know that mine will only be pulled from my cold, dead hands. What’s more, is McLaren is only making a relative scant few of them. Compare the 765 production total to the Pista total. Also, most truly objective individuals will likely prefer the 765LT to the Pista as it does everything better (lighter, more powerful, faster straight speed, faster lap times, literally every key measurable is superior). I think the 765LT holds up better than the Pista over time. Make a reminder for 10 years from now. If I am wrong, I will send you some good scotch, wine, or cigars....

tekaefixe, Gh21631 and Coincid like this.
  10. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Any assumptions on this matter is all opinion in my view. I happen to think the same about my Pista as you do about your 765. It doesn't matter to me about which car is faster or better performance wise. Most of us won't exploit 70% of the cars capabilites anyways. It's what you like about a certain car. I don't think making guarantees about anything is prudent. For what's its worth, I have never found McLarens attractive for me. I do have a ton of respect for the brand and it's products, but it's just not my cup of tea. This hobby is very subjective and arguing over what is better is a moot point in my humble opinion.

MANDALAY, Texas2step and Thecadster like this.
  11. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    One has to own all 3 - STO, Pista and 765LT/S - All Brilliant cars and all a tribute to their respective manufacturers - One things for sure none will be repeated and yes hold onto them until your kids have to make a decision once you are gone :)

MANDALAY, Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  12. MorgsAU

MorgsAU Rookie

Feb 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Richard
    For those who think a F8 VS is coming what will the specifics look like?
    In my opinion they don't have anywhere to go to with it given the F8 mechanical package is vastly resembles a Pista.
    Looking at the SF90 package that is too far to go with it and wouldn't fit into the hierarchy.

13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    After owning and driving virtually every super car, which should demonstrate that I am not brand obsessed or blindly loyal, the 765LT is uniquely special on so many levels, that it the first car I have declared that will never find another owner. It will forever be in my possession. It is that remarkable!

14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You list only the most recent special versions from Ferrari but all of McLarens since they started.

15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Back to the initial question, F8 VS or not VS, I guess only time will tell (but as of today, the most uneducated guess still has 50% chance of eventually being proved right :D)
    On one hand that would be a very short interval with the Pista, but on the other hand it might seem strange to put a final end to the V8 line-up without a last VS...

Viperjoe and MANDALAY like this.
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You have the last VS as a Pista. F8 was just a stop gap until the Hybrid is introduced. Seems like Ferrari may have gotten behind and needed something to fill the slot.

Coincid and Thecadster like this.
  17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That's the current story, but having a regular model (which the F8 is, Tributo as it is) as the very last of the line-up history may still seem strange. With the Pista the last VS would not be the last car, like if another regular N/A V8 would have existed after the Speciale / Speciale A.

MANDALAY likes this.
  18. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    My guess, it’s called Tributo for a reason....

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    That was then this is now. I have been told repeatedly there is no VS F8.

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

My dealer (Ferrari of Sf) told me Friday NO VS that is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito and Gh21631 like this.
  21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    The McLaren models debate is an old one. The other brands have differing formats for their models, McLaren only have one. I think that is the reason people talk of too many models.

Since 2010 Ferrari have launched in the mid V8 category...

458 Italia
    458 Spider
    458 Speciale
    458 Speciale Aperta
    488 GTB
    488 Spider
    488 Pista
    488 Pista Spider
    F8 Tributo
    F8 Spider
    SF90 Stradale
    SF90 Spider

12 models in 11 years.

The equivalent list for McLaren is something like...

MP4-12C
    12C (616 hp)
    12C Spider
    625 C
    650 S
    650 Spider
    675 LT
    675 LT Spider
    P1
    P1 GTR
    P1 LM
    P1 GT
    540 C
    570 S
    570 GT
    570 S Spider
    600 LT
    600 LT Spider
    620R
    GT
    720 S
    720 Spider
    765 LT
    Elva
    Senna
    Senna GTR
    Speedtail
    Artura

That’s 28 models in the a slightly shorter time and doesn’t include the various track pack cars and other minor stuff. McLaren cars punch above their weight, no doubt. But it seems very fair to me to say that producing models from circa £150k to £3m, in the quantity they have, from one engine and body layout, is definitely more excessive than other brands. It’s up to individuals whether that bothers them or not. The market always makes its own choice and there are plenty of people who love McLaren’s cars.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

What an odd take.

Is there a reason you are listing every model by mclaren in every category and only listing v8 Ferraris?

I mean did Ferrari only make v8 cars since 2010?

No La Ferrari?
    No TDF?
    No Lusso?

I know you are trying to make a point that Mclaren makes too many cars but what you wrote is completely misleading.

tekaefixe, Coincid and mkraft3003 like this.
  23. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Let’s not forget the California, California T, Roma, portofino, portofino t, monza sp1, monza sp2, ff and these. (No clue what the point is with this exercise but let be complete)

Coincid likes this.
  24. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I should have thought the reason is clear? A California is a very different proposition to a 458 Spider, whereas a 570 S Spider and a 650 S Spider are really only different by horsepower and suspension tech. A mid V8 lends a certain type of sportiness and gives a certain style of packaging and appearance. They are generally considered more exotic. Ferrari’s, Porsche’s etc. models are split over different engine cylinder types and different layouts. That is significant. If McLaren split those 28 models over 3 or 4 formats, who complains? Fact is, they are all mid-engined V8s. I think most people consider that important, otherwise Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo and all the others wouldn’t bother with front, rear, and 6, 10 or 12 cylinder engines - especially so given the development cost.

25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    See my post above, it’s only reasonable to compare mid V8s, the complaint about McLaren is not the number of models per se but the number from one layout and basically one engine design. And are you really wanting to include Ferrari’s one-off commissions?!! Makes me think you also believe this is an issue for McLaren. I’m in no way saying McLaren make poor cars - almost all of them are excellent. But if you want to know why comments about McLaren making too many models persist, that’s the reason in my view.