812 back glass recall - issues with replacement? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 back glass recall - issues with replacement?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Jeff3545, Apr 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Seattle raises an interesting point. Ferrari states they are a luxury brand not just a car company. As a result they should practice that mindset. Top luxury brands go beyond typical customer service. Even Nordstrom has very relaxed return policies regarding their products just to enhance their brand. In this instance Ferrari should at a minimum provide some type of accommodation for the inconvenience of the repair and to truly reflect their luxury standard go above and beyond that for their customers.

Otherwise they will be viewed as an ordinary car company.

2. JesseRohr

JesseRohr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2020
    Birmingham AL
    Full Name:
    Jesse Rohr
    Spectacularly said.

gliazzurri and SeattleStew like this.
  3. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Luxury brand when convenient, car company when convenient. You make a very good additional point to what I was getting at.

And as someone who lives in Nordstrom’s founding city, their return policy very much resonates for me lol

gliazzurri and Thecadster like this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I think the dealer would be willing to take care of you on that. To me, that is as simple as telling your service advisor (and salesperson too), “hey, I am not super happy about having to come out of pocket to restore my car back to the way it was before...what do you think can be done about this situation?” I can’t imagine a scenario where dealer doesn’t step up and make you happy.

5. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    One would hope the dealer would do this but my service advisor told me before even looking at the car that “if you have tint on your glass we will not pay to re-tint”.

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I would have replied, “no problem, the next time I spend $476,000 on a car, it won’t be with you cheap blankers...”.

7. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    The issue is that it’s not just 1-2 customers that might have a $500+ re-tint bill. Though, I do agree that a good dealer should take care of it for a customer. And the luxury brand Ferrari should understand it’s going to cost a bit more to replace the glass to properly take care of their customers.

And for those who have purchased multiple cars from your dealer, they really should try and take care of you.

Thecadster likes this.
  8. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    The word customer service and Ferrari don’t belong in the same sentence. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have found that if you spend a bunch of silly money in the service department you get treated a lot better in these areas. Extend the bumper-bumper plan two years and then do the year-year thereafter. Add additional tasks during the annual as well. First four years about 30K in unclaimed warranty protection and plus-up services and you'll get all the replaced tinting you could want and many other out of warranty items. Just show up for the 'free' annual and you can replace your own tint. Service bay and sales team two different entities.

10. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I wanted to update the thread and say that I got my dealer to work with Ferrari North America to get them to cover the tint replacement on my glass. My local dealer services a lot of 812s, so I would imagine they had many clients asking about why Ferrari wasn't going to cover the cost.

I'm scheduled for glass replacement + tint in the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully others can get FNA to take care of at least their tint.

Thecadster and gliazzurri like this.
  11. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Congrats. As it should be.

12. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Great news! I’m still waiting in my parts so hopefully I will have similar success

13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yesterday I had a several hour meeting with the global head of SAT in Modena. I did specifically ask re that "issue".
    He replied that the factory has zero to do with aftermarket "upgrades, improvements, etc." and they will not cover that. They leave it up to an individual dealer if they want to reimburse their clients or not. The factory won't do that.
    (My own 812 SF was fixed last week but I have no tinted rear window).

Marcel Massini

14. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    I don’t think there is any question whether or not the “factory” will reimburse the issue at hand. It is a question of the company (i.e. Ferrari North America and or its subsidiaries such as the dealer network) that would be liable for this as no one is going to go back to Ferrari corporate per se to seek this to be done. As such it is a customer service issue which is squarely on FNA to regulate and support the customer needs for something that was not properly resolved by the design of the factory when delivering the item to the customer.

15. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I'm glad their North American counterparts understand customer service better. Fortunately for me FNA decided spending the money to retint clients cars was well worth keeping clients happy.

Thecadster and matts086 like this.