812 VS Rumors | Page 281 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree with Alberto,
    Very surprised ( positively) by the rear end design.

Albert-LP and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Caeruleus11 and isot like this.
  3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Nice photoshop, thank you, but absolutely horrible and tasteless wheels.

Marcel Massini

pcht5, isot and ilcapodizurigo like this.
  4. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Not at all, no offence taken. Just happy to be discussing such beautiful cars.

Caeruleus11, Senad and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Fully agree, one of three standout features of the TDF, the other two being the rear arch vents and the exhaust boxes. You could argue a fourth is the deletion of the somewhat strange ‘uterus’ design at the F12’s rear except a deletion is not exactly a feature.

6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Maybe you had better writing "wheels that I don't like at all" instead of "horrible and tasteless wheels": taste is personal and everyone has his own, obviously. That render was done by Isot (thank you very much, Isot) following the specific request of a member here who would like to buy the car with that color combo, wheels included (wheels that are the rims showed by Ferrari on the 812 VS official picture release, only painted in gold). I'm sure that you wouldn't appreciate that anybody will judge what you like as "tasteless".

Ciao

stavura, ulludapatha, SAT4RE and 10 others like this.
  7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    This is an interesting 3D view. It probably doesn’t favour the TDF because the VS looks much lower and wider, a good thing, most agree, for a sports car. The VS’ front is its most straightforward and, let’s say, obvious. When I first saw it I felt they had kept the front simple to allow room in the design for a more complex rear. You could see from the mules that the exquisite front valance of the TDF where the painted surface cuts right in and the out again was not going to be present on the 812. I imagined a huge gaping hole with vertical slats emphasising the aggressiveness of the car but thankfully we didn’t get that. I was disappointed when the mules suggested that but the final result suits the car. The standout features are all aft of that front opening though, in fact they’re all at the rear with the VS. The front of the VS is not challenging or especially remarkable, except for the valance ‘end plates’ which are a great feature. I think its job is aerodynamic and to set up the rest of the car to resolve what follows behind. The girth of the F12 ahead of the windscreen and the comparative lack of that on the VS is really apparent to me here. I seem to remember the 812 engine is slung lower than the F12 - great for handling and aesthetics. I think it really influences the design. The 812 headlights are much better to me. More modern looking and with a better expression (narrow eyes suggesting concentration, determination, confidence). The TDF’s headlights have much less of that. Very subjective now I admit...

For those that have seen a TDF in person, this angle/picture is not its best and the real car is much more beautiful/aggressive in my opinion.

Camlet1 and MDEL like this.
  8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    By the way, looking at the photos, I’m not sure the colour is GT. it looks very triple layer to me and I doubt Ferrari would pass up the chance to launch a new colour for this Very Special car. They did it for the Superfast and the GTS, how much more deserving this one? GT is duller than this colour (my first F car was a GT painted car). This seems lighter with slightly more white in it?

Attached Files:

gzachary, Caeruleus11, isot and 3 others like this.
  9. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I sit in my armchair in my garage and look at this constantly. It is simply sensuous

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura, Camlet1, TSOYBELIS and 10 others like this.
  10. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    perrinnation likes this.
  11. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    The only issue I have with the price of the 812VS is that they will make ca 1000 of them and it costs materially more than where you can buy today a 599GTO (we can argue how many they made but let’s say 650 or so?). Does that make sense? Especially when you also consider that the apertas will be 500 vs 80. I get Ferrari’s logic of wanting to make themselves the appreciation that so far the buyers of GTO amd TdF made when selling the cars but maybe they went a bit too high?

12. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I'm still confused as well by the rear cover. Why did Galliera say that a simple video showing the car wouldn't be enough? Is It due to the higher rev limiter or the aerodynamics?

What we know so far, at the end of the day, is the basic formula of a "regular" VS: more power, less weight, upgraded electronics. Wonder if there's a hidden ace up their sleeve.

13. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    I think it is just that the car was not ready in time.

14. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Could somebody tell me how many copies of this 812 VS Coupe and Aperta ?

I have seen all kind of figures.... Coupé 999 and Aperta 499 or Coupé 899 and Aperta 499 or Coupé 799 and Aperta 399.

I don't know who to believe anymore.

leopoldo likes this.
  15. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It occurs to me that the Aperta, which hasn’t had much airtime in this thread recently, is likely going to displace the Monza as the more desirable open top experience. The Monza is largely unusable in many countries as it doesn’t meet compliance requirements, whereas the 812 CA will most likely be ok for most regions. And the 812 CA will outperform it.

You’d have to be very happy if you were getting the Aperta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazza21 likes this.
  16. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Same here - agreed! Top solution!

matts086 likes this.
  17. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    From simply talking to various dealers on how many cars they are getting compared to the 488PistaSpider and F12TDF I came to this conclusion:

There are approx. 900 PistaSpiders (also stated by Mr. Massini)
    There are 799 TDFs (if we believe the Ferrari figures)

On average dealers received around 9-10 Pista Spiders and around 6-7 TDFs.

The average dealer is getting 5-6 coupes and 2 apertas of the 812VS. The US usually receives 30% of all allocations and there are approx 50 dealers in the US. There also, the average dealer is getting 5 coupes so that would mean 5x50=250. Meaning the full 100% would result in 850+- coupes. For the aperta that would mean a touch more than 350+- units worldwide.

Again the number of cars a dealer receives is based on KPIs. The bigger and better a dealer is the more allocations will they get. But on average the number of cars doesn’t vary all too much.

Again, basing it on the ratios, 999 and 499 is too much in my opinion. I could imagine around 850 coupes and 350 apertas...

Besides this, 999 does not sound very limited at all. Nobody knows at this point. We’ll have to wait for Galliera to state the numbers. Nobody knew how many Monzas would be made until the release where he said 499 in total.

of2worlds and Jonathan19 like this.
  18. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    if correct: 899 coupes / 499 Apertas
    $660k starting MSRP for coupe vs $360k for my 812 and $398k GTS:eek:
    Should keep shareholders happy:D
    Seemingly the Aperta is not based on GTS and has removable CF roof

1min52

Jonathan19 and maxxy like this.
  19. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #7020 day355, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Personally, I think that this VS series (in V 8 or in V 12) should not be limited (the 5 hypercars are enough to fulfill this role with the Icona series ...) and offered to people who like to ride, who want to go on a road trip with or do track days ...
    To see a large one leaving to collect dust in garages is distressing. I know that this will not be the case for the most part here, but we are not representative of the current Ferrari clientele.
    This was the case with Ferrari at the time of the Scud, 16 M, Speciale, Speciale A, 599 GTO...
    You wanted one, you could get it.
    what should make a car Special is what it is, its contents, and not the number of copies produced.
    That was before marketing took hold and arrogance was in order!

20. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    It is not going to be that expensive. I heard $600k MSRP.

21. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2010
    CA, NV, TX
    I concur. I'd like the 812 VS to be more like the 488 Pista Coupe. A series production vehicle limited by production capacity, but not by an artificial number.

Enough with this 899 cars nonsense. Especially in this day and age.

Also, as a shareholder, I'd be happy if they didn't leave too much money on the table.

Thecadster likes this.
  22. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I totally agree. At $600,000 they could sell the 812VS at Pista levels, which is the difference between the current projected revenue level of about $550M and a revised revenue level of almost $2.5B. Presuming the 899 build for the coupe is accurate, RACE is forgoing a couple billion in revenue to preserve the brand when the true hyper and Icona cars could do just that. And, yes, you would be correct in detecting more than a hint of bitterness on my part that I am not one of the cool kids chosen for this cars. Heck, I am so far from being one of the cool kids, that I didn’t even qualify for a Pista, but that is a story for a different thread...

To be clear, my position is that Ferrari could increase their hyper car cadence by 1/3 while inserting Icona in between hyper offerings to reward VIP, Corse Cliente, etc. Then they could treat the 812VS like the Pista, time limited. I don’t see how that harms the brand. If anything, it might help support TDF values, of which most 812VS recipients are also owners of. This strategy would also help RACE owners too.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2010
    CA, NV, TX
    I could not agree more.

Thecadster likes this.
  24. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I’ve spent the last few days looking at the photos of the 812VS and the comments on its design. After a lot of thought to allow things to sink in-Here are mine:
    I agree the TdF looks more “organic“ and the VS more muscular. I think the VS looks great from the front and side (except for those horizontal gills behind the rear wheel- they should have been vertical imho). The rear is another matter- it’s all aero and rehashed F8and SF90- not in keeping with the rest of the car. The rear spoiler does look great and does meld with the up sweeping side crease.
    The rear window or lack thereof is either to hide something underneath (the Mr Fusion Home Energy Reactor?) or they couldn’t put winglets on the glass and get them to stay. Personally I would have preferred a lexan rear window with the winglets built in to the mold- it would lighten up that heavy looking rear.
    Motor-830 at 9500 rpm I’m happy with just cut the weight of the car 100 kgs or more- faster, more agile- less weight more filling!
    Wheels- CF without the extra doodads please (and if they ever become available- I’ll get them for my incoming GTS.)
    Since I’m not in line for the VS I hope much of the performance side gets put into the 812 replacement!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat