Officially ruined 812 SuperFast | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Officially ruined 812 SuperFast

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by SeattleStew, Apr 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I'll allow it

2. King

King Rookie

Jul 13, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael Metzler
    Which do you like driving better?
    Which brings more attention by the public?
    (Power seems equal in a straight line by watching video’s)
    I own a 488 Spider
    and am thinking about an 812.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I can’t speak to the 488, but after spending time in a F8 spider, the 812 is more fun for me. The F8 spider attracts drastically more attention, however my 812 is a very subtle spec. Every where I went in the F8 spider people were taking pictures and talking to me about it.

F8 was a lot softer and smoother. 812 is far more raw and brutal. That said, I’ve order an F8 spider as I feel it’s a perfect compliment to the 812

italiafan likes this.
  4. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    For me it's not the quantity, it's the quality. I make a point of driving out to the country to hit the winding backroads on weekends and generally only ever take out to when going out with the gf or for weekend getaways. I want to retain the specialness and sense of occasion, making sure every km counts.

5. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Whichever one I happen to be driving.

In my experience, they are similar in attention-grabbing. Much of the 812 attention comes from its raging engine note.

Power differential is significant (789 vs 661) and delivered differently, but both rip to similar acceleration numbers. Due to the crazy twin-scroll boost, acceleration in the 488 feels friction-less - as though the car is a Maglev.

In many ways, the cars are opposites. Perfect stablemates.