360 Airbag Removal (prep for dash removal) | FerrariChat

360 Airbag Removal (prep for dash removal)

Discussion in '360/430' started by TooFast355, Apr 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    Attempting to remove airbag, but came up against a problem (of course).

Removed glovebox, removed screws holding airbag, pulled airbag out partway and looked back to undue the yellow connector....no yellow connector. The wire from the airbag disappears out back of airbag box and then into center dash above radio.

Any thoughts how to disconnect airbag? I've not seen this before and I really don't want to disassemble the entire dash at this time.

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

well, i don't 100% understand your question, are you asking that : you can't trace the wire that goes to the passenger airbag ?

The connector is indeed somewhere in the middle of the dash, it was glued inside the dash somewhere. You need to have a flashlight and put your head under the dash to find it.
    gymnastics for sure.

3. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    I was following the 360 dash removal video on youtube, which gives step by step directions for removing airbag. Video shows a yellow connector that you disconnect as you remove the airbag. It is located right behind the airbag...maybe 6-8" wire and connector. As I removed my airbag there is no connector, but rather a wire that leads towards middle of dash (~ above the radio somewhere). This is completely different that the video indicates. Ferrari of Seattle service manager also was surprised and was going to talk his tech. I thought I'd check here and see if anyone has come across this.

4. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
  5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  6. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    Qavion thanks for diagram. Haven't seen yellow sheathing, just yellow connectors. My fear it's buried inside the center dash and I'll have to disassemble entire lower dash to get to it. Didn't want to do that, but looks like I will have to.

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Jeff, the airbag computer is labelled 29D in the diagram above. According to the wiring diagrams, there are no other disconnection points.

Wiring diagram here if you need it:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/OW89HWYgPIJMGzB8

Link expires in 6 days

8. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    I'm looking for connector 1D, which is what the airbag connects to. Was thinking of pulling the three air vents and see if I can locate it. Trying to pull airbag to recover leather.

BTW...here's the youtube video that I found outlining step by step directions for removing dash (separate video for installing)

9. Rjoselaw

Rjoselaw Karting

Mar 10, 2019
    Southlake, Texas
    Full Name:
    Raj J
    Hope this is not a burdensome request, but how difficult was it to remove the glovebox? Can you explain the steps if possible? Thanks!

cpd1501 likes this.
  10. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    Glove box removal was very easy and straight forward. If you watch the youtube video I posted above it will take you step-by-step through the process. Just skip to where he's removing it....10mm socket and philips screwdriver.

Qavion likes this.
  11. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    Completed! Removed the vent next glove box. Easily reached in and located connector. Hard part was figuring out how to disconnect the connector. Used small straight bladed screwdriver and gently pried it apart. Here's what the connectors look like after disconnecting (from video, exactly what it looks like).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion likes this.
  12. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    If anyone's interested, I'll post my experience removing and re-installing my 360 Modena dash.

grtoz and EastMemphis like this.
  13. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    absolutely interested. I foresee the need to do that in my future.
    Al

TooFast355 likes this.
  14. Jb-Slow

Jb-Slow Karting

May 11, 2020
    Qavion likes this.
  15. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just a side note. Do not turn the ignition key on/engine off while the air bag module is disconnected. Doing so will trigger the air bag light. It's going to take a special tool to reset it.

Qavion likes this.