McLaren 570s / Spider vs. Cali T | FerrariChat

McLaren 570s / Spider vs. Cali T

Discussion in 'British' started by Sammi, Mar 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sammi

Sammi Karting

Aug 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Samantha (Sammi)
    Hi everyone!

I’m a current Ferrari California owner, but due to unfortunate circumstances that vehicle is no longer going to be used (TotalLoss ).

Anyways, I have been torn on whether or not I was going to purchase a newer model California (T) or if I would switch gears and go for a 2017/2018 Mclaren 570s, or 570s Spider. After going to check out a spider in person at a local dealership, it made my decision SO much easier (seriously, OMG).

The 570s that I am interested in (not a spider) is a 2017 and has 22k miles on it. Since I am unfamiliar with the workings of these vehicles, is that considered high mileage? Can this vehicle be used daily? I know when getting into some Ferraris that would be getting close to high miles, but can’t really compare this to a California..

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ryalex likes this.
  2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I always found it helpful to purchase from the corresponding dealer....mclaren at a mclaren dealer.
    They can certify the car for resale with warranty and know what to look for if there are known issues.
    They can also pull records and show services done along with corrected known problems. 22k miles is high but would not scare me off as long as there is verified maintenance. With 22 k miles the car has shaken most know issues so that a good thing.
    Nothing wrong with daily driving a 570

BJK and Sammi like this.
  3. Sammi

Sammi Karting

Aug 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Samantha (Sammi)
    That’s what I’ve been hearing so far, regarding mileage. Luckily the vehicle I am interested in is at a McLaren Dealership. Thank you for your input!

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #4 BJK, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Do you're homework. Look for comparables on-line. That car is the low-end/entry model, 4 yrs old, relatively high mileage and the model has been 'replaced' by the Arturo. Annnd there are tons for sale.
    Add that all up and it's a car the dealer would love to DUMP! If you really want that car, play hard ball and low ball the dealer. No deal? Walk away. Tell him there are plenty on-line to choose from. You'll get a call. :)

My .02 is buy newest year in your budget with 15k miles or less. Maintenance records and CarFax are a must! No more than 2 owners. AND be very of cognizant of warranty offered. (extended?)
    Good car and good luck. NEW C8 vert? (you sure you don't want a spider? :cool:)

Sammi likes this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Oh no! Sorry to hear about the California, Sammi!

At any rate, those are two great choices. I've seen a few 570s around and I think it's a slick looking car. Same for the T. I'd go for the T or 570 Spider ; I think you'll miss the drop top aspect.

T

Sammi likes this.
  6. Sammi

Sammi Karting

Aug 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Samantha (Sammi)
    So I pulled the trigger and bought a 2018 McLaren 570s spider in curaçao blue. To say I am excited is an understatement! The spider was more than I was originally looking to spend. But I think in the long run a better value! I guess no more Ferrari club for me, at least for now. But I’ll be back at some point!

Andynyc, BJK and ryalex like this.
  7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Congrats Sammi. Post up some pics when you can...T

Sammi likes this.
  8. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    photos or did not happen.
    Congratulations.
    you will love it

Sammi likes this.
  9. Sammi

Sammi Karting

Aug 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Samantha (Sammi)
    montegoblue, Tenney and BJK like this.
  10. Sammi

Sammi Karting

Aug 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Samantha (Sammi)
    Thank you. I posted a couple for now, but will post a couple more when she arrives!

tomc likes this.
  11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sammi likes this.
  12. Sammi

Sammi Karting

Aug 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Samantha (Sammi)
    Gotta say after owning both vehicles..I REALLY enjoy the McLaren.. slightly more. However, you Ferrari folks are far more pleasant to speak with, the McLaren folks seem to have serious attitude on their forums! Ferrari people are much nicer! Anyway thought I’d drop a few photos of the new gem. I call her “Spidey”
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BJK likes this.
  13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Odd that anyone fortunate enough to own an exotic would be so grouchy!

Beautiful, Sammi! How are you liking the butterfly doors? I've read online that they can make entering and exciting a vehicle a bit more tricky.

T

14. Sammi

Sammi Karting

Aug 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Samantha (Sammi)
    You would think they’d be happier right?! Unfortunately not so much! I actually love the doors, I’ve found a technique that makes maneuvering in and out of the vehicle very slick. When you open the door, there is a curved “ledge” upon entry, I slide down the ledge into the seat, very smooth and easy.

tomc likes this.
  15. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Well, speaking a fellow mclaren owner, I am super happy you chose a mclaren and beautiful color at that.

Sammi likes this.