F8 Spider | Page 47 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Lol! Obligatory Tolkien quote.

ScottS and italiafan like this.
  2. Chad Lewis

Chad Lewis Rookie

Sep 3, 2020
    Just heard from my dealer rep w/his GM and they assured me I will get an allocation and I will get my F8 Spider. 100% guaranteed. He says he hopes to have the allocation filled within the next 45-90 days hoping that Italy starts to come around. He asked for continued patience and says that October Delivery is not out of the question considering the car takes three months to build. I would be lucky to get by year end in my opinion, but he said there is no doubt I will get my F8. I can only imagine if you tried to order one now. Resale should be killer on these things.

polishhammer83 and Chizz like this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U always seem to have a lot of inside info, do u or have ever worked for Ferrari?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Keyword: "HOPE". We all hoped that COVID didn't paralyze the world and therefore, Maranello. Dealers and GMs are as blind as us, unless and until Maranello has given them some insight, which is then passed on to us. If they were 100% guaranteeing it, they would not be "hoping" to get an allocation. I see they have also pulled a careful 6/12 weeks estimate for the allocation. However, things are so unpredictable right now that all you can do is "hope" for what you wish for. I also hope you get it when you want it. With that in mind, I suggest you err on the side of careful optimism, better yet, pessimism; and if it does come, you are in for a pleasant quasi-expected surprise. Ferrari tends to break our hearts during this phase. After it is over, it is (usually) a happy car-life's-long experience.

Chizz likes this.
  5. polishhammer83

polishhammer83 Karting

Sep 30, 2012
    That second picture, the rear view, absolutely sells the car! Just posted in a Coupe vs Spider thread and this is EXACTLY the view I had in mind. Perfect color too! Those are some of the best lines on a modern Ferrari, and yet really call out to the past while being fresh.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

6. SpaceMan1969

SpaceMan1969 Rookie

Mar 16, 2021
    Seattle, WA
    Monday was a special day 4/19/2021. Put my $10k deposit on the "HOPE" to maybe get an allocation for a new F8 Spider and wife's final approval. Test drive is on Friday with the dealers demo unit. I have loved Ferrari ever since I was a kid and been dreaming about getting one for several years. My 50th birthday is right around the corner and it's time to make the dream into a reality. From what I'm seeing around here it's going to be a long, long wait. This will be drivers car not a garage queen trying to preserve value. I'm shocked on how many 458 and 488 have < 5k miles on them for sale. Why?!? I'm going to drive the car everyday for pleasure, weekend trips and track days. Goal is to see how fast I can get to 100k miles and make the car worthless.

Blue Corsa or Bianco Italia are my two favorite colors. It all starts with the body color and the options will select themselves. Keeping it simple a couple of carbon bits and wheel inside, Nero, no carbon outside except maybe the b-pillar. Racing seats, check. Front lift, nah, premium radio gonna skip, passage display, nope. The passengers will be fearing their life already without a display to remind them of the lunatic behind the wheel. Diamond cut wheels and Yellow Calipers.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boots, Spider68, Cigarzman and 5 others like this.
  7. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Good for you!!!

I have gotten in trouble on here before for criticizing garage queen cars. I’ve never understood it. A great analogy I read on here: like saving your girlfriend for another guy.
    I can’t imagine paying this much for a car just to dust it off once a week.
    Be prepared for the wait. It S U C K S!!!!!
    Congratulations and I look forward to when yours arrives.

GT2goneF likes this.
  8. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Chizz! When is it getting here???

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Shhhhhhh...speak quietly Chizz is very close to losing his crap!!! Every time his phone rings and it’s not the Ferrari dealership he breaks down a little more. Everyone around him is praying he gets it soon because he is being a pain in the A$$.

Boots, Cigarzman, AD211 and 1 other person like this.
  10. cchan842

cchan842 Karting

Jun 20, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    If it helps I’m still awaiting my car... we were both on the same boat, but my car didn’t arrive at the dealer a couple of weeks ago as they expected. Turns out my car was still at the port as of last week. They thought it would get shipped this past Monday but I haven’t checked. I’m probably not as anxious as you though- I have PPF scheduled for mid May, so for me getting the car earlier means it’s just going to sit in my garage for longer awaiting the PPF install...

Chizz likes this.
  11. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I have rescheduled my PPF 3 times already. I get the same update. Stuck in customs at the port.

12. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    When did you place your order? And how much beyond that date did your dealer get your allocation and make your build process actually proceed.?
    Trying to gauge what my dealer is telling me about my expected delivery.

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Tweaking much!!!???

Chizz likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I vote Bianco Italia. However, I am super biased. I am a white car color lover. All my cars, with the exception of my DD, are white. Bianco Italia is a stunning color. And to further support my bias, here is proof of my madness and advice. This is your Coupe counterpart.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

LeapFrog, xBox, Chizz and 1 other person like this.
  15. SpaceMan1969

SpaceMan1969 Rookie

Mar 16, 2021
    Seattle, WA
    Bianco Italia is an amazing color albeit pricy color and love your build. Something about that pearl white and yellow calipers makes me melt. The color reminds me of vanilla ice-cream. Is it weird to want to lick the car? Here is my first pass at a potential build using the price sheet I found in this forum (thank you to the creator). Option prices sure add up quickly. $12,487 for Blu Corsa I believe is valid and from my understanding the Bianco Italia is around $30k.
    Ferrari F8 Spider
    2021 Ferrari F8 Spider $ 297,250 x $297,250
    GGT $ 1,300 x $1,300
    TSMG $ 1,750 x $1,750
    Destination charges $ 3,950 x $3,950

Racing and Track
    Daytona Racing Seats RSCD $ 10,799 x $10,799
    Racing Seat Lifter RSES $ 2,531 x $2,531

Exterior and Colors
    Yellow Brake Calipers CALY $ 1,519 x $1,519
    Carbon Fiber B-Post Trim CERF $ 3,712 x $3,712
    Bonnet Upper Insert Matt Black COLL $ 0 x $0
    Sport Exhaust Pipes EXA3 $ 759 x $759
    Scuderia Ferrari Shields LOGO $ 1,856 x $1,856
    Special Colors PNTN $ 12,487 x $12,487
    20" Forged Diamond Wheels RSFD $ 8,100 x $8,100

Interior and Materials
    Carbon Fiber Racing Paddles CFPA $ 1,687 x $1,687
    Carbon Fiber Central Bridge CILR $ 2,869 x $2,869
    Leather Lower Dashboard DSH7 $ 1,350 x $1,350
    Horse Stitched in Headrests EMPH $ 1,266 x $1,266
    Colored Mats with Logo FLMA $ 1,350 x $1,350
    Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + LED's LEDS $ 5,062 x $5,062
    Yellow Rev Counter RPMY $ 0 x $0
    Colored Special Stitching STC2 $ 759 x $759
    Upper Part in Colored Leather ULEZ $ 2,362 x $2,362

Equipment and Traveling
    AFS System AFS1 $ 2,531 x $2,531
    Back Radar- Blind Spot and Rear Cross Path Detection BRAD $ 0 x $0
    Advanced Front Driving Camera- Traffic Sign Recognition/Lane Departure FCAM $ 0 x $0
    Homelink Garage Door Opener HOLK $ 1,350 x $1,350
    Electrochromic Rearview Mirror MIR3 $ 0 x $0
    Parking Camera PAC1 STD x STD
    Front and Rear Parking Sensors PAR2 $ 1,519 x $1,519

Total : $368,118 + Tax

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. cchan842

cchan842 Karting

Jun 20, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Just to clarify, my order was for a coupe, not a Spider. I was just commenting because I knew both our cars came on the same ship. Ordered about 6 months ago... but I presume you’re really looking for timing on Spider orders.

17. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Pretty sure ordering the Carbon Driving Zone is cheaper than ordering separate steering wheel and paddles and you benefit by another piece of carbon on the top of the instrument panel...

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Indeed pricey (32k) and I even considered it stupid and illogical. However, as soon as I saw the color in the metal. The money spent on the paint, all of a sudden, doesn't matter. It isn't even that it validates the cost. It is so stunning that money isn't anything compared to the qualities of the paint on such brilliant artistic functional lines of the car, the angles and lighting.

So, I am a proud owner and lover of the Lady in White, Bianco Italia night gown!

jm2 likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    By the way, pictures don't even come close to the real life experience!

jm2 and Chizz like this.
  20. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Yes exactly.

21. SpaceMan1969

SpaceMan1969 Rookie

Mar 16, 2021
    Seattle, WA
    My dealers says they have a Bianco Italia in for service that I can see tomorrow during my test drive of their Blu Corsa test unit. Bianca does bring out the body shape that is hidden in darker colors. Very curious how the F8 Spider compares to the 24 hour 458 rental I did in March. That car was really fun but it wiggled like a snake and was a bit unstable in bumpy turns due to body flex. Full throttle the sound was amazing with the FI exhaust. The steering controls were not fully developed. Having to hold high beams for example, turn signals would so easily flip off with the slightest wheel change. I looking forward to the compare contrast tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip JJ77. I was curious what the difference of "Carbon Fiber Driving Zone + LED's" vs " Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + LED's"

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Don't look at it, it is like Medusa. Instead of turning you into stone, you will end up ordering it.

The driver's zone is the steering wheel, paddles and the rings around the tach in CF.

Post some pictures please!

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    What do you mean having to hold the high beams? You don't have to do that?

24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I think poor Chizz is past the tweaking part and now has lost his mind. Fingers crossed Chizz , we are all thinking positive thoughts bro. Best , Kirk.

GT2goneF, Chizz and jm2 like this.
  25. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #1175 ScottS, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    I may be tweaking as well..

While my order is not locked, thinking about changing interiors.

Does that impact the order status?

Here is current:

It’s hard to know how the charcoal comes out vs Nero

But I m thinking of taking inspiration from the 812 VS

here:

Feedback? Not sure what the spec of the 812 color wise but changing the seats to the square pattern and changing the dash to Nero with upper alcantara etc minus the yellow highlights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT2goneF likes this.