488 - New owner saying hi and wanting some advice | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 New owner saying hi and wanting some advice

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by vikz83, Apr 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Insurance been invalid??????????? (insert Scooby-Doo sound here)... That's a new one. Never ever heard of that anywhere.

The K spec tyre was not developed with the 488 in mind either. The K1 is for the Speciale, the K2 is for the Pista. Yet Ferrari supplies them for the F8 now and mismatch them when one or the other is out of stock. K spec does not mean for all Ferraris. They are for individual models. If you look at the MPSS fronts for the 488, you will see than they are called K3. The K2 variant is for the Cali T and the K1 was for the FF.
    As of yet, there are no MPS4S tyre for the 488, F8 or Pista, yet dealers are fitting non-OE tyres all the time as an upgrade to older cars.

If what your tyre guy say is true for where you are and the insurance you have, you are stick with MPSS and the old Pirelli, and cannot use ANYTHING else.

Ask your insurance agent a simple question. Does it matter what brand of tyre you use if the size, load rating and speed rating is in order? My guess is that he will be a bit baffled and answer no.

2. vikz83

vikz83 Rookie

Apr 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    vikram sudera
    so I managed to sit in some bucket seats today. Much better all round. Not so big, supportive and didnt feel like being sat ontop of the car in an armchair and much more part of the car.

Few questions. I have fully electric heated and memory seats.

I have seen a set of carbon seats advertised but they are manual ones. If I therefore unplug my current seats and have nothing to plug into on the new seats, will this throw up all sorts of error codes, warnings, turn off my airbags etc as the car will think there is no seat present?

3. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    hard to give this advice as everyone likes something different.. go with your gut

4. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    What were the track times at Fiorano with the 1988 Olds Delta 88 Brougham?

5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    No idea, but certainly very comfortable.

Ray

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I swear, I knew someone is going to say that. Never disappoint, Ray. :)

7. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I try :)

8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Relativity theory dictates that faster is actually slower depends on the perspective of the viewer.

I just made this up.

9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    There are some DIY threads about this and teaching you about the codes.