Landed a gated 6 speed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Landed a gated 6 speed

Discussion in '360/430' started by Topace, Apr 19, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004

2. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    ya the belts have about 18 months on them. Looking at the motor it looks super easy to work on. I’ll have my small snap on cart dropped off at my house. I’m will install new belts. If someone knows the part number for the Kevlar belts and I think there are some Hill Engineering Pulley Tensioner upgrades. Please let me know anything else like water pump and anything else I want the car to be 100% if there are any updates or upgrades. U can think of let me know

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. lux360

lux360 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    I saw the ad and was initially turned off by the wrap. Then I saw it was gated, called and it was sold!!! Congrats.

Topace and one4torque like this.
  4. Sal Manzur

Sal Manzur Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    Upland Ca
    Full Name:
    Salvador Manzur
    Enjoy and drive a lot!. Ferrari clubs offer awesome driving events

5. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    can some one tell me the part numbers for the brass rings used in the oil change im going to order the parts to keep on hand

6. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    You can buy copper oil plug gaskets. I have a box of them.

search on here for the size. It is a standard size.

7. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I love hearing stories of how one obtains their F car. Congratulations. Enjoy in good health.

Topace likes this.
  8. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ok need a little help with my spider top it all work but the back Panel will not lift as high as it should the piston is Completely retracted. If I lift a little bit so it will clear then the top go down and all is fine also note when I close the top it try’s to pull down to much on the back lid.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    following.

10. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I’d be careful not to push on it too much, if you bend or break one of the delicate metal pieces, you could have to buy a whole new capote to replace it. Probably $6k minimum.

Apparently at this age the hydraulic fluid oil in the rams tends to be sludge because it evaporates and people tend to top it off rather than a full flush. Flushing it may gain some mobility back, although sometimes rams have to be replaced if there’ been sludge in them too long. Keeping the top in working order is doable but you just have to find someone familiar with its mechanism.

one4torque likes this.
  11. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ok the rams are all the way retracted and the top still will not clear. I don’t think it’s anything to do with the rams as they are moving it to far in one direction and not all the way in the other. But I will flush it to make shore it’s clean

12. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Sounds like a good project.

13. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Check to make sure the bar that folds the headliner is moving correctly.

This short video shows how it should move.

14. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yes they move fine just the lid pulls down to far when in the flat position and will not lift it all the way up

15. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Here it is in the Down Position. I think the hinges are bent just a little bit and that the problem. Let me know that u guy think maybe tomorrow I’ll pull the hinges out and check them

one4torque likes this.
  16. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Most problems with the capote mechanism can be traced to three possible issues:

1. The hydraulics are leaking. Answer is to replace the failing rams. Check the fluid level of the reservoir which is behind the "B" pillar, passenger side. If it's low, you have a leak.
    2. Failing elastics. There are 14 elastic bands that control how the fabric folds. They give out after about seven years. To fix, replace the elastics. Cheap and DIY.
    3. Bent parts. Having a hot (or heavy) girl lie on the roof while naked might be fun for a photo shoot but it's going to ruin your top. New parts can't be bought anywhere, so you'll have to repair anything that's bent or broken.

Sometimes a microswitch can fail or get out of alignment too. You can check the condition of the microswitches and valves with a code reader like the Autel AP-200.

The top mechanism is actually pretty simple and should be able to be serviced by a DIY person.

Need4Spd and one4torque like this.
  17. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    ok i think the problem is the fat girl photo shoot bent the lower hinge. ( you know when the last owner had the car) i will have to take them off to fix. bad new is ill have to take them to the main shop in order to use the big torch. I will take some pic if you guy want? just remember this

Need4Spd and EastMemphis like this.
  18. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    My office called me Tom one of the service technicians is not answering the phone this morning. We checked and his service trucks at ur house. Hinges are out lol sorry about the 3/4 finger. This is where I think it’s bad should be a easy fix. Going to the big shop to bend it.

19. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  20. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Any pics of the girl on the top for scientific reasons would like to see her load distribution.

glad you got it fixed!

AndreB, kes7u and Dewinator like this.
  21. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Just about got the wrap off the her paint looks excellent there is one small spot on the bumper a few chips in the paint think I count 4 down low on the front bumper. Was worried to find something bad hidden under the wrap. Going to bring a lift over from the shop next week. Think I’ll throw new timing belts and engine mounts reseal cam doors (looks like it’s wants to leak) New plugs. What are ur thoughts on cat delete and headers? If I post pics of the exhaust can ur guys tell me what one it is? I think it’s a tubi

22. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Few pics need to was it. I left the black wrap on the back. Until I can get a black one. Challenge or carbon fiber or Carbon fiber with ventilation? I’m leaning to carbon fiber with vents. Also thought about adding some carbon fiber inside? Would that kill resale?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dewinator likes this.
  23. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Looks so much better. I personally would do the stock "cs-style option" grill if you can find one. Looks good and adds ventilation but not as fragile as the CS grill. Also the CS one I think has mounting holes for the little CS logo which would look funny with no logo there. I don't personally like the carbon one with vent holes, ruins the understated elegance of the classic grill style for me.

armedferret and one4torque like this.
  24. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Also if i can get some votes on red or yellow Calipers