Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    LOL, so now to add to HAM’s victimization is the FIA’s deliberate attempt to target low-rake cars. In your mind, HAM would be on pole riding a bicycle.

The FIA must have some pretty clever aero guys working for them if they knew they’d be handicapping the “low-rake” cars while Merc’s engineers didn’t see this coming and went along with the rule change!

And, BTW, at what exact rake angle does a low-rake car become a high-rake car—maybe you can enlighten us?

Picchu88, Bas and jpalmito like this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ingegnere likes this.
  3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It was just weeks before Bahrain that the low rake'd Aston Martin was predicting regular podiums. :p

ingegnere likes this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Hamilton has to fight to win. I hope he will recover from this trauma.;)

SimCity3 and ingegnere like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well he proved u wrong my friend...his recovery is how u win championship... he has an equally good car now...maybe by seasons end will have the best but he is definitely worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdrums, Terra and william like this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #231 ingegnere, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Not really, right? He fought, made a mistake, recovered, but didn’t win. Not by 20 seconds, which could have been 1 lap.

He may win at the end, but he’s going to have to fight for every point and that may lead to more mistakes.

ricksb and jpalmito like this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I agree that the close competition could bring more mistakes. That applies to both. For me with no caring overall, if Max makes more mistakes and loses a title that is his to win, major damage to the aura that surrounds him.

If LH is to lose the title closely with a mistake count as factor, after 7 titles and his age, he will not suffer as much. Max with the current car for him has to start closing the door firmly at tracks that favor or supposed favor RedBull.

In the larger scheme we have a good title fight already with less predictability after only 2 races. Im quite happy as an F1 fan. So much more to look forward to.

ingegnere likes this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I agree with you, but what some people are trying to make us believe is that Hamilton doesn’t make mistakes unlike Verstappen.
    The reality is, as soon as a world-class driver drives a car that can compete with him, Lewis will start making mistakes.
    Very interesting season ahead indeed.

Senna1994 and ingegnere like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

What? U guys are so bias lol.
    The ask was : can he show some fight after rhe restart. That is exactly what I’m responding to.
    9th to 2nd in 29 laps with the fastest lap.
    How did he not show fight in those 29 laps in response to my friend palmito’s ask?

Boomhauer and william like this.
  10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Indeed it seems that Lewis gets more than the maximum of his Mercedes. Bottas' race is proof of this, I think. Nevertheless he is far from being unbeatable and Max is not Rosberg..

SimCity3 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

That I agree! I guess we all want a thrilling season!
    Hamilton won’t collapse and lost his talents like Vettel in 2 years it seems!

Senna1994 likes this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Vettel is a total mystery to me.
    In the past, World Champion drivers have quickly given up competition as soon as they became aware that they had lost motivation like Jody schekter or Alan Jones.
    Vettel reacts in the media as if he was still driving with Red Bull in 2013.
    He has no lucidity about his current situation.
    Weird right?

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Maybe he is money hungry. He is just driving so poorly it’s crazy : 2 year in a row now

14. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Hamilton certainly doesn't deserve any more luck.
    Very fortunate again yesterday.

I trust he'll be sending George Russell a generous thank you gift.

jpalmito and ScuderiaRossa like this.
  15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Toto would approve lol. :) :)

16. ralphedel

ralphedel Rookie

Feb 15, 2009
    No doubt Lewis is a super driver as has been recognized for many years but, as was seen yesterday, he too is capable of making mistakes. Ending up in the gravel trap was his fault and he was very skillful to be able to get his car back onto the track but his luck was incredible. Being down a lap and, then because of a big collision and red flag, getting the lap back because of some strange rule seems far beyond fortunate. I'd like to know why F1 has a rule that erases a major mistake made by any driver to the detriment of drivers who didn't make a similar error. Where did that crazy regulation come from? Inquiring minds want to know.

Senna1994 likes this.
  17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The rule is a safety rule designed to get the back markers out of the leaders way at a restart.

Senna1994, Nuvolari, william and 2 others like this.
  18. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I'd say he was on the losing end of VSC's and restarts also. It all evens out in the end.

Senna1994 likes this.
  19. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Correct. Drivers who are a lap down rarely factor into the result of the top positions but they can often get in the way of the leaders during a restart. The rule exists to benefit the leaders as it should.

Senna1994 and william like this.
  20. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    Easy to be lucky when you've sold your soul to the devil

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #blessed

paulchua likes this.
  22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    It did not work out that way in "Bedazzled".

paulchua likes this.
  23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    For whatever its worth, I personally want to see an exciting championship that goes down to the wire (think Brazil 2008). Saying that, and I am currently not so much a fan of Hamilton the Man, but give the guy credit. He easily could have been a 10 time champion by now (2007 and 2016 come to mind along with the fact that the 2012 McLaren was the fastest car with the worst reliability). How he drove within the sporting regulations to finish 2nd and grab Fastest Lap was a astonishing and luck goes both ways. Bas, I am with you on many of your opinions, but Hambone is the real deal and probably the GOAT.

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen to all of that except the GOAT died 5/1/94... Hamilton is chasing a ghost.
    Can we imagine if senna had like Hamilton a good car from the start and 23races vs 15/16 when he drove? Scary. That’s why we can’t compare but of course I just did ;))

jpalmito and Senna1994 like this.
  25. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Well don't get me started there, look at my Screen name, remember Ayrton only had the best car arguably in 3-4 out of his 10 seasons, and in two of those he had Prost as a Teammate, something you cannot compare with MS or Hamilton (1 year of Alonso IMHO does not count). But you can also go back to those that saw Jim Clark and make the same argument.