360 - Decided to change the battery even though there was nothing wrong with it | FerrariChat

360 Decided to change the battery even though there was nothing wrong with it

Discussion in '360/430' started by William Tell, Apr 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    The battery in my 360 is 6 years old and has gone flat twice. Both times I could re-charge it and it seemed to work fine after that. My car could sit in the garage for over a month and fire right up on the first attempt. It is only after sitting for more than two months that the battery did not have enough juice.

Regardless, my car is currently being serviced and I asked for the battery to be replaced. The thinking is that car batteries only last for so long, and better to just replace it before it goes bad.

How often do you replace the battery in a 360?

2. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    I did the same... Battery was 7y old, no issues, on a tender when not in use but figured at $175, it was cheap insurance instead of waiting for an issue to pop-up.

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    6 7 years is a good time to get out of battery but I would consider putting a tender on it when you don't use it for a couple of weeks ..actually i would consider putting in tender after each drive .. keeping at max voltage is better for battery and for alternator and most of all the electronics of the 360

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

4. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    I did ask for a tender to be added. That will prevent the battery from going flat.

What I have noticed during my 360 ownership is that these cars are not as fragile as reported. It usually starts up after a hiatus without any error messages on the dashboard and once it is warmed up, it drives like a high performance race car.

Is there a consensus that the 360 needs a battery change every 6 to 8 years?

5. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I replace the batteries in all my cars every 5 years or so. It’s cheap and dead batteries suck.

ifeelfree0 and Zcobra1 like this.
  6. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    As for my two cents. I replace every 5 to 6 years. Mine is always on a battery tender and I’ve never had a problem.

Dewinator likes this.
  7. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Keep it on a Ctek charger always and replace the battery when it no longer charges fully. Should get 7 years at least. Either way, changing a battery at 5 or so years is not a bad idea. Testing with a load tester is the best way to asses the health of a battery.

8. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I don’t know, I get torn between the saying they don’t make them like they used to and also that
    quality seems to vary a lot in all products these days.
    some are junk don’t last at all and others were made amazing and the last seemingly forever.

With that said, you could be removing a fluke of amazing quality built battery and replacing it with a junk battery with poor quality control that will fail in a few years....and sooner than your older battery would have .
    Shrugs.