F1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO DEL MADE IN ITALY E DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2021: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 16 | FerrariChat

F1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO DEL MADE IN ITALY E DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2021: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 18, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Like Alonso in Singapore

Jakuzzi, Bas and Qvb like this.
  2. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I am just happy that Honda has some ability to challenge MB at this point in the season
    Ferrari is likely to have to face being fourth place amongst the constructors

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You think Alonso is screaming “GP2!” with his Renault power plant?

Jakuzzi, ingegnere and F2003-GA like this.
  4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D:D

5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I think Russell has more potential than Bottas. The question is - is that really saying much?

william, Isobel and ingegnere like this.
  6. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    I do. I don't think the accident was on purpose, but I think they wish they had come up with it.

Isobel likes this.
  7. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Without the restart Charles would have been 2nd.

sammysaber, kes7u, furoni and 3 others like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    kes7u, Isobel and DF1 like this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Qvb likes this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    last time i checked Sainz was driving Ferrari....and you don't hear me saying he's fast...

12. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    "The Stewards conclude that the accident was a racing incident considering the conditions and take no further action" in the incident between George Russell and Valtteri Bottas

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    appreciate you posting 'Document 60', great to read how the determination was made.... post-race assessment cost him another 20 seconds, bummer.

14. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    sammysaber, 375+ and ingegnere like this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not the topic lol u guys like taking bikram yoga stretches to avoid answering lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lewis reversing onto the track from Seb's onboard.

Lewis Hamilton reversing onto the track - Vettel's Onboard [No Audio]

17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My take on the race:

Top 3:

Max absolutely reigned supreme from the moment the lights went out. That start was frankly amazing, the response was ok but the way he hooked it up is what made him come out ahead. Took the racing line into T1 and after that only very briefly made an error that could've been very costly...but caught it and won the race.

Lewis. Well. The pro lewis lot on this forum never stop going on about him being faultless and so on. The same people always keep going on about Vettel Germany 2018. It all went wrong at the start for him...not quite sure what his plan was in T1 as it's so narrow there and if you're on the outside in the wet, you WILL end up going over the kerbs. Self inflicted there. To be fair to him he certainly did keep pace after he got to grips with the car after the opening laps. After the pitstops he had some luck with Max catching heavy traffic a couple of times on the absolute worst points in the track, whereas Lewis had the luck of catching them on or near the straights. The way the penny drops...But then he made the error himself by being too eager and going on the wet line to make a low speed error in a low speed corner sliding off...Of course we can't expect the anti Vettel guys here to give him the same treatment as Vettel, eh? He managed to get stuck and reverse onto the track (Need to figure out if that's legal or not...I'm pretty sure it isn't allowed if there is an option of going forwards!), but an extraordinary stroke of luck bestowed on him not only allowed himself to be unlapped, but also made him very close to the 7 drivers ahead of him. Oh and that wing damaged was able to be fixed, of course. Already people are writing about the sheer heroics Lewis performed that he managed to finish 2nd. Lets be fair here eh? Those same people that ridicule any other driver for mistakes should also ridicule his Lewisness for the same!

Norris. Well what can be said about his drive. Unlucky he went a touch too wide in Q3 with that amazing lap he was doing, but he kept himself composed. He claimed during the race he was faster than his formidable teammate Ricciardo and, unlike other drivers who have claimed this in the past, once Ric let him go (proper teammate etiquette there!), Norris proved the team it was absolutely the right decision because in a short amount of laps he made a sizable gap. Holding off the much faster Mercedes for as long as he did, chapeau to this man.

Winners
    Leclerc. Brilliant all weekend, brilliant in the race, so close to getting a podium. Ferrari is moving in the right direction and am I glad we've got Leclerc in the team to show us the way forward!

Kimi Raikkonen: Quitely brilliant all race long in a slow car. After the race restart he held behind much faster cars. Daft penalty didn't reward him with points, but his point was made.

Max and Norris already covered.

Mention to Stroll as well. I'm no fan of his but every time it's wet he's fighting higher than he should be.

Losers
    This will be a longer list than the winners, that's for sure!

Bottas: After suddenly dropping the ball in Q3 and not get any laps together, he continued messing up in the race. Fighting with Stroll (and losing that fight for ****s sake) is really, really not what someone in a Mercedes should be doing. Pathetic and undeserving of the drive...again. I give him 50% of the blame in the big shunt as well.

Perez. What the **** was he doing all race. Bottas dropped the ball during Q3, Perez did so from the moments the lights went out. Lucked himself to P4 then dropped it again. Had he kept it on the black stuff we'd almost certainly have seen Norris P2, Perez P3 and Lewis 4th. If he couldn't take Leclerc Lewis likely wouldn't have finished higher than 5th!

Sainz. Dropped it several times and it started to get worse in frustration. He was very lucky that the red flag saved his ass and composed himself in the dry track.

Alonso: Struggled in quali and in changing conditions in the race he really should've been up there. Just piss poor all round.

Vettel. Whilst I've got sympathy for his penalty (teams fault) and brake failure...to be lingering around where he did with Stroll in the points. Nope.

DRS: WAY too effective here.

Toto Wolff. Berating his young apprentice and threatening him with a clio cup drive...whilst Russell is not blameless in what happened, he was forced onto the wet patch at high speed. The way the track is shaped at that spot allows practically no time to back out if Bottas made the move that he did, and would've resulted in a large crash. Bottas became collateral damage by his own doings IMO. Full marks to Russell for finding the balls to stand by his point, what was Bottas doing racing for 9th place when he should be at the sharp end? Toto should be on his knees for Bottas and Russell as their crash allowed the blessed one to even be in the position to finish with decent points, let alone a podium.

18. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Probably, but I was just talking about his conduct.

19. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    YES ! but nothing will happen to him because......... you know ;)

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  20. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Good one, but [allegedly] having the Russel/Bottas crash [allegedly] engineered by MB/FIA , just so that LH 44 is GUARANTEED points is getting worrisome :( NOT a troll post BTW...........

21. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Jakuzzi likes this.
  22. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    59 years old. Will be 60 on 9/17/2021 ........ Ask me how I know :)

23. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
  24. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Admittedly LH made a mistake when, in his pursuit of Max, he locked his front brakes while trying to lap George Russell in mixed conditions. So not quite like Vettel’s completely unforced error at Hockenheim when it was wet.

25. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Yes.... :) And it also helps when you know that the FIA has your back.

stavura and Bas like this.