AUS - Hill Country FCA Events? | FerrariChat

AUS Hill Country FCA Events?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by PMiranda, Apr 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Thinking about joining FCA, but looking at the website there doesn't seem to be any local activity.
    Pre-kids my wife and I were active in the local BMWCCA events, and now that my son is almost driving age and the world is opening back up I thought there might be something interesting coming up?

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So sorry, that website is no longer in use. The Hill Country Chapter uses bi-weekly newsletters and a Facebook Group Page. We have VERY active chapter. 40 Ferrari's from Austin, DFW, SA, and Houston (sponsored by the Austin Chapter FCA) are currently in Fredericksburg for a weekend of fun driving Hill Country Roads. May 3rd we have the unveiling of a very special 308, May 8th is Breakfast at the Petrol Lounge and May 22 we are driving to Hays City for lunch. That's just the next month... All activities are open to FCA members (so join us!)

PM me for more information if ya like.

...bob

VAF84 and FerrariTexas like this.
  3. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Cool, thanks, I thought that might be the case. SCCA also has the problem of the regional sites not keeping up with the national one.
    I'll reach out when the new-to-me 458 arrives :)

4. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well congrats in advance. We’d love to have you join the chapter. And you’ll have to post pics of your new ride, here and in the 458/488/F8 section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VAF84 and PMiranda like this.
  5. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    What about the Ferraris and Fighters event May 15th? Still on?????

6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm not sure Mel. We promoted here in Austin but the Houston FCA folks need to confirm

7. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Done and Done! No great pics yet since I was in a hurry to get the new toy out of the drizzle and into the garage but maybe I can find a nice spot Sunday to break out the Nikon.

I'm thinking when Dripping Springs Distillery reopens for tours that would be a fun event, given that they now own Paula's Texas, the best limoncello you'll find outside of Italy IMO.

8. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well, congrats again! Can’t wait to see her. Sunday is looking much better for photos and a drive.

The next chapter event is a week from today, May 8th, breakfast at the Petrol Lounge, 9-11AM for club members.

You should start seeing club emails this week.

…b

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  9. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I've got a race up at Eagle's Canyon on the 8th but hopefully I can make something soon!